• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Survey: would you sell back your digital games at 10% of purchase price?

Zambatoh

Considering I've actually gotten roughly 8 bucks from gamestop in a past trade, 10% is lower-balling then Gamestop's trade-in value. That is just plain sad.

Considering I've actually gotten roughly 8 bucks from gamestop in a past trade, 10% is lower-balling then Gamestop's trade-in value. That is just plain sad.

Well, what game was it and how long was it out when you sold it? 8 seems awfully high for gamestop, at least in my experience. Unless it was a game that was relatively new.

Zambatoh

Well, what game was it and how long was it out when you sold it? 8 seems awfully high for gamestop, at least in my experience. Unless it was a game that was relatively new.

I don't remember what game it was. It was like 5 years ago when they were still taking PS2 games and (if I'm remembering correctly) Gamestop's pricing was more or less based on Supply and Demand. Highly sought after games that they had low stock on, they would often charge/pay higher rates.

Naudi

Banned
10% lol

It should be on a sliding scale, you should get 90% back if traded in within one month from release & then so on.

one month 90%
two months 80%
three months 70%
four months 60%
five months 50%
six months 40%
seven months 30%
eight months 20%
nine months 10%
ten months 0%

Is this real? Lol I mean I would love it, until Xbox/ps went out of business. 6 months later I can get 40% back!

joecanada

Their business motive is that by giving people store credit for returning the item, those people will use that store credit, along with real cash to buy more items. They'll drive up sales volume, which will drive more revenue for MS and there partners.

But couldn't they just give you the credit then? Buy 10 get one free or 5 dollars credit for each game, etc

Trup1aya

They already do things like that... And those things are good for people who want to spend new money, to build towards future savings.

But it does nothing for people who have amassed licenses for games they no longer want.

By getting 10% back for old licenses, consumers would have the opportunity to reinvest money that they've already spent. with a large enough collection of unwanted games, they might not even need to do any additional spending to get something new.

That's great for people who have games in the collection that they no longer value.

There's no reason that credits for new purchases and buyback of old purchases can't co-exist, but the two concepts would cater to people in different situations.

Top Bottom