• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox teasing new controller?

Hubble

xs47LsS.png
[/QUOTE]

https://twitter.com/XboxFR/status/603500934337994752

CF_1ZmTUUAA46Vl.jpg

Lock if posted.

Let's discuss on what it could be :p

GavinGT

Banned
Guy's fixing that bumper hinge. That can't be a coincidence. But the other guys are just cleaning off Cheetos dust.

ViciousDS

Banned
Bumpers, led lit face buttons and view button being made dedicated along with a physical select button being placed?

Head.spawn

That title seems like a bit of a stretch.

Phil said they are working on one, but nothing about that tweet makes me think this has anything to do with it.

GavinGT

Banned
If they address nothing else, they need to fix the bumper hinges and tighten up the joysticks.

Also, I'd like them to bring back the ring of light. As it is, it's difficult to tell who's assigned to which controller

Hoping theyve come up with a way to integrate voice commands with the controller and not need the kinect. Some of the voice commands are legitimately useful.

Hatchtag

Banned
Rename whatever the fuck they have now to start/select. I've had the system for a year and still can't tell you what they're called.

Rename whatever the fuck they have now to start/select. I've had the system for a year and still can't tell you what they're called.

They're called Menu and Options. Honestly, doesn't matter what they are called to me. They are both in the same place and perform the exact same functions as Last-Gen. I guess for more casual players it is easier to understand their function then Start and Select/Back.

FordGTGuy

Banned
They're called Menu and Options. Honestly, doesn't matter what they are called to me. They are both in the same place and perform the exact same functions as Last-Gen. I guess for more casual players it is easier to understand their function then Start and Select/Back.

Actually they are "View" and "Menu".

Start and select no longer make sense when these buttons don't serve that kind of purpose anymore.

Hatchtag

Banned

I donno, it's just more confusing, because
1) Menu and options are so damn similar. You always go to the menu to adjust the options. When it's written down in text form, it's hard to remember which is which.
2) The icons on the buttons look too similar, so when you see them, it's hard to remember which is which.
3) There's no growing up with them. Start and Select might arguably be as bad, but they have a history of being that way built into people.

Honestly I think Nintendo's the only one whose come up with a naming system that's better than start/select with plus and minus. Xbox and Playstation need to have something that has easily memorable icons to go along with it.

Apathy

Looks more like just an innocent ad to me.

But what would they be advertising if it were just that and not a revision? I can't see an instance where the little people on the controller could be used as just an ad and not a tease to a remodel.

Top Bottom