• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Twitter Account Actually Responds to "PS5 Is Better" Replies

They’re worse now. Because they’re the same people, now middle aged, still arguing like kids over which plastic toy is the best.
Man, i did a poll here, majority is 30-40yo.
Yes, its old farts fighting about consoles...Embarrassing.

Like i said, fight less, play more. Every console is good and has good games, u can have a preference, but try to validate and start wars because of it...Pathetic!

Last edited:

hemo memo

Gold Member
If only Sony could use good messaging for a change. They should honestly change that entire department or the one responsible for the horrible messaging since Jim took the role.

hemo memo

Gold Member
This is so professional on them. Meanwhile the PlayStation twitter treats gamers like they don't care.
In terms of messaging and anti-consumer practices, this “Jim” era is the worst in the lifetime of the brand. Far worse than PS3 Kutaragi days in my opinion.

Wow, what a slap in the face of the stupid fanboys!

face slap GIF

This is mesmerizing. Like the force of the slap liquified his skeleton. That man had an out of body experience for 0.5 realtime seconds that felt like 15 minutes. He started speaking in an ancient Sumerian language after that. I'mm praying for that man's arteries.

Last edited:

Ellery

It is all about perspective and perception. Just go back some years guys. It is all so easy and obvious. I know, I know. The attention span of the internet is short.

Of course this is "good stuff", but sometimes people have to actually use their brain and think. Since Microsoft botched the Xbox One generation with an absolutely foolish corporate attempt of being always online and lots of other predatory measures they basically paved their own way to be the underdog and good guy. This is exactly the role that Phil Spencer fits in. I like Phil a lot. I think the Xbox Series X is a great piece of hardware. It is on paper more powerful than the PS5. Unifying Xbox and PC is great. Caring about disabled gamers is great.

But when you are the underdog and have to play catch up you have to play nice and set the narrative to focus on the gamers and caring a lot and basically do the exact opposite of what they tried to initially do with the Xbox One.

So before you think I am some sort of Playstation fanboy. It is time to SHIT on Playstation and Jim Ryan. Which are now basically in a somewhat similar position to where the Xbox One was after the Xbox 360. With the PS5 we can clearly see that they increased the prices for games and in general under Jim Ryan the Playstation brand feels more corporate, capitalistic and money/business focused compared to the good guys with the PS4 under Shawn Layden. (Don't get me wrong, both Microsoft and Sony are ruthless companies that only want your money. If they don't get your money they don't continue to exist).

Right now Microsoft is setting the narrative of being the good guys. It is also a form of manipulation. They want you to think that they see themselves as equals to Playstation. They are the good guys that play nice with everyone and the drama comes from elsewhere.
It is absolutely not a coincidence that they randomly post a tweet about receiving a lot of "PS5 is better comments". I don't even know who those idiots are that waste their time posting this under the Microsoft. I think that alone is highly suspicious. Don't get me wrong. I am not implying any conspiracy theories or that Xbox is writing those comments to have ammunition. I expect Phil Spencer to be above that and better than that. But he is an intelligent person that knows how to smile.
Was there any recent reason for a surge in those comments? Seems weird to me though.

This is much more abour PR and social media narrative than it is about caring for the gamers. Playstation did something similar with the "share a game with your friends" video for the PS4. They had to play catch up then after the PS3.

And you guys know what would happen next if Xbox were to go big and win this generation?

That is right. They are going to replace Phil Spencer with another dude like Don Mattrick who makes the promise to the suits/shareholders to squeeze more money out of the customer base. And Playstation will probably replace Jim Ryan with a person that is more customer friendly and closer to the passion of the gamers. "One of us!" we will cheer when some dude announced the PS6

TL;DR : There is nothing wrong with Xbox being the good guys and playing nice. But it is a PR move and you would be a fool to think otherwise. It doesn't mean it is bad, but it is the natural cycle of topdog and underdog. Just like the cycles in the stock market and both are about money.

Fredrik

Man, i did a poll here, majority is 30-40yo.
Yes, its old farts fighting about consoles...Embarrassing.

Like i said, fight less, play more. Every console is good and has good games, u can have a preference, but try to validate and start wars because of it...Pathetic!
Yup.
Worst thing imo is DF comparison threads. There used to be some differences, but now people are fighting by comparing framerate decimals and 400% zoom still shots even in fast games like Doom Eternal. It makes no sense. Nobody is ever going to spot differences like that when they play.

Aion002

maybe there never was a fight in the first place? ever think of that?

it seems people on here like to imagine that Sony + MS are fierce rivals who hate each other. That's bullshit. rivalry is always between the fans.
"Nahhh... They hate each other. They do. I am sure of it! No way in hell they just want to make money, they make consoles and games out of spite for each other. I am positive!

They're destined to be enemies forever!"

brad pitt agree GIF by hero0fwar

- According to any "sane" console/pc warrior.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Yes please we, gamers, need more more positivity, it seems that being associated with being the root of all evil acording to the media we also need to fight eachother about what is the best and what is bad.Just enjoy what you like and let other enjoy what they do.
And even better dare I say it, even if you like the Ouya then good for you ... I will never understand you but good for you, enjoy it and have fun.

kingfey

Banned
Nah it's their current PR strategy.
It's to much nice guy for ky taste, but whatever.
Like he said. There isnt any competition. Xbox is going for mainstream. PlayStation is settling down for home console. Nintendo found its portable position. Each one produce games, based on their goals. Its why xbox doesnt have that much single player games. They are for social, and for bigger players. Playstation games best at couch, to enjoy them. Nintendo games dont have great graphics, because they are designed for the go.

Only kids think there is a competition. Even right now, they are fighting about console sales, when in fact sony ordered 80k waivers, and MS ordered 40k waiver, and they are limited by those waivers. It wont matter how much console they sell. If the waivers is out, you wont have a console to produce. Its that simple. Until both companies secure more waivers, they wont sell alot of consoles.

MiguelItUp

Honestly radical fans are the absolute worst, lol. Majority of the time those same people are the ones that mention opinions, or something being subjective. But then get in a tissy when someone doesn't agree with THEIR opinion. It's hysterical to me.

Say whatever you want about "corporate Twitter", Twitter is a cesspool regardless. But this messaging is nice to see. Especially when you know there are adults STILL arguing about what plastic toy is best.

Fanboying will always exist simply because that's how humans are. Look at sports even. People hating each other over absolutely nothing. Its meaningless. We live in a fucking world where people can hate someone just because of their skin colour. Even something as simple as a different opinion can cause conflict. We cant even play pixels on a screen without fighting. I wish it wasn't like that but it is.

GHG

Gold Member
Lame. Shit talking is way more fun

Let me put it this way, "Everyone's a winner" didn't get created by the people who won.

Agreed, Nintendo preys on the ignorant, immature and stupid and this world is plagued with those kind of people. No wonder the world is falling apart.

Nintendo exist to make profit in exchange for quality products. Exactly the same objective as every other company out there but because they don't bullshit about being your "friend" on social media they are the bad guys. Meanwhile in the real world the people with money and buying power are snapping up their hardware and software at record pace.

Their products aren't for me but I respect them greatly as a company and what they stand for. They just quietly go about their business, pay no attention to their "competition" and pump out product after product in alignment with what their audience want. People can cry all they want but if people didn't see the value in their products then they wouldn't buy them, it's as simple as that.

Last edited:

levyjl1988

Banned
I remember Kevin Butler giving that speech similar to E3.

Then Sony axed him. Sony did it to arouse fans to their side saying, hey we care about games and it doesn’t matter who you pledge your allegiance too, but then Sony contradicts itself and does not want to allow free crossplay unless publishers pay fees to allow it unlike Microsoft.

I guess we are generalizing companies and its more complex with different decision makers making them in the guise of the company.

Some of the greedy motherfuckers in these industries however needs to go. These profit mongrels are annoying as fuck, its politics and lawyers preventing hype in the end.

Jaysen

Banned
Corporate twitter account are gross.
Not nearly as gross as fanboys who pledge allegiance to corporations. At least the corporation is getting paid to be awful. Imagine being such a fucking idiot that you do it for free.

Last edited:
Top Bottom