• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Twitter Account Actually Responds to "PS5 Is Better" Replies

anthony2690

Banned
This is a couple years old now, but I imagine the results remain accurate.

Wow that is quite scary, when you realise all these people being warriors on here all pretty much in their 30s+

That's embarrassing, I can imagine one day they will proudly tell their grand kids how they participated in the console wars too.

I see you, clicking this out of curiousity

Last edited:

jm89

Xbox execs in the past have engaged with some of the most rabid nutcase xbox fanboys and not too far off in the past either. If Xbox twitter want to call people how about your own execs? And then Phil spencer crying about toxicity a few months was fucking hilarious.

Human element only matters when you are trying to claw back market share and have very little to show for the last few years.

Last edited:
Hurt some fanboy feelings there? Care to elaborate like an adult or...?

like... how? was you even alive during the ps3 launch period? $599? get two jobs? third parties openly being critical of sony's ps3 architecture? every 3rd party game running like shit compared to 360? losing previously exclusive games? xbox literally getting the marketing for all the big games like call of duty 4 and GTA IV? the barebones PS network?

like come the fuck on man! its not even comparable! whats sonys biggest mistake they made with the PS5 so far? i cant think of a single thing that even compares to any of that. what is with some of you and your hate boners for playstation management? wasnt jack tretton kaz hirai, shuhei yoshida, andrew house and heck, even jim ryan around during ps3's launch? people were hating on the management back than, yet they became the "dreamteam" during the ps4 era. people hated shawn layden too but suddenly he became awesome when he left. this obsession with the guys in the suits is weird. i play games. i dont give a fuck about the guys in suits who are only doing a job to get paid and make a living.

Last edited:
Wow, what a slap in the face of the stupid fanboys!

face slap GIF

Action and then reaction... a transfer of kinetic energy.... a work of art!

makaveli60

like... how? was you even alive during the ps3 launch period? $599? get two jobs? third parties openly being critical of sony's ps3 architecture? every 3rd party game running like shit compared to 360? losing previously exclusive games? xbox literally getting the marketing for all the big games like call of duty 4 and GTA IV? the barebones PS network?

like come the fuck on man! its not even comparable! whats sonys biggest mistake they made with the PS5 so far? i cant think of a single thing that even compares to any of that. what is with some of you and your hate boners for playstation management? wasnt jack tretton kaz hirai, shuhei yoshida, andrew house and heck, even jim ryan around during ps3's launch? people were hating on the management back than, yet they became the "dreamteam" during the ps4 era. people hated shawn layden too but suddenly he became awesome when he left. this obsession with the guys in the suits is weird. i play games. i dont give a fuck about the guys in suits who are only doing a job to get paid and make a living.
Fair enough. But to me the current management and what they do still feel worse than that but I can accept that not everybody thinks like that. It’s maybe because at the time I was playing on Xbox 360 and I didn’t care too much what fuck ups Sony did tbut now I have a PS5 and I’m more invested in that, so I guess this is a personal thing. Also the PS4 dreamteam was the best ever, so all these make me think like that, but then again, I accept your arguments and in an objective sense you are right maybe.

What else are they supposed to say on their social media account?

In reality they cater to the console warriors, because they value brand loyalty over everything else.
Stop taking these corporate accounts seriously.

You post stuff like this and then talk about fanbiys lol the lack of self awareness
Now wait a minute, is this not correct? When do you get messaging from PS like this? Even Phil Spencer is more connected and responsive to the Xbox audience than anyone working at PS. For instance we still have no confirmation of a showcase from Sony.

Derift

Over 10 years, you come up with 6 tweets, ladies and gentlemen this is Playstation PR at its finest 😅 compare that to Xbox mate and see who is talking nonsense.
Ahh so we shifting goal posts.... am I surprised....nope lol I do find it interesting again that the Xbox fanboy somehow turned a tweet from xbox against fanboys to more console war BS.... honestly dude the selfawareness... or lack of it is pretty funny...

Oh and yea the one talking nonsense is still you.

Last edited:

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
Now wait a minute, is this not correct? When do you get messaging from PS like this? Even Phil Spencer is more connected and responsive to the Xbox audience than anyone working at PS. For instance we still have no confirmation of a showcase from Sony.

Who the fuck cares about what they do on twitter? Why are xbox fans so concerned when Sony is not doing the same in every way?

skit_data

Now, where's that tweet and insistence that only the xbox is rdna 2.0?

Xbox marketing is full of hypocrites.
Well, he’s not wrong per se since it’s the only one using DirectX but it’s certainly a very deliberately vague statement made to fuel console war:

Bonus:

Some people might like this, but this is a very american way of marketing and it doesn’t work in its favour in my book. But then again I’m a swede and here in scandinavia we have ”jantelagen”/ ”Law of Jante” so that might explain it.

Last edited:
Good stuff.

I'm a PS fan first and foremost and over the past few months I've owned an Xbox and now own a gaming PC.

I enjoy games regardless of platform.
PS5 coming next but I've got much love for Xbox.
Phil and co is doing an amazing job.

Ahh so we shifting goal posts.... am I surprised....nope lol I do find it interesting again that the Xbox fanboy somehow turned a tweet from xbox against fanboys to more console war BS.... honestly dude the selfawareness... or lack of it is pretty funny...

Oh and yea the one talking nonsense is still you.
Seriously mate you are making something of nothing. What I said is factually correct, they communicate more often and are more in touch with their customers. You don't like it, who cares? Opinions are like assholes everyone has one, but facts are undeniable.

You went out of your way to post 6 tweets over 10 years for God's sake, if that's not the height of stupidity I don't know is?

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Xbox execs in the past have engaged with some of the most rabid nutcase xbox fanboys and not too far off in the past either. If Xbox twitter want to call people how about your own execs? And then Phil spencer crying about toxicity a few months was fucking hilarious.

Human element only matters when you are trying to claw back market share and have very little to show for the last few years.

I don't really think this is the vibe. I'm not sure what you get out of trying to prolong the "war."

I have an Xbox and like it, so call me biased if you like, but I would be quite happy to not see any of this fanboy shit anymore.

Fair enough. But to me the current management and what they do still feel worse than that but I can accept that not everybody thinks like that. It’s maybe because at the time I was playing on Xbox 360 and I didn’t care too much what fuck ups Sony did tbut now I have a PS5 and I’m more invested in that, so I guess this is a personal thing. Also the PS4 dreamteam was the best ever, so all these make me think like that, but then again, I accept your arguments and in an objective sense you are right maybe.

if thats how you feel than cool. nobody is right or wrong. personally i think sony are doing ok. definitely not as good as the early PS4 days communication wise but not terrible either. we are getting good games at the end so they're doing their main job. the rest doesnt matter to me personally. i aint seeing any PS3 level arrogance or don mattrick level stupidity here and even if there was i dont really care. its all about the software in the end but thats just me. i understand others feel differently.

Last edited:
Bring back, the banter between the 3 consoles. Games were better when there was fierce competition. Enough of this family BS. "You were never my friend!"

I agree. Gaming is more fun with fierce competition including trolls. Xbox executives trying to look like they were not into console warring falls flat on its face. They're trying to look like snowflakes, but they know exactly what they're doing.

They orchestrated and fueled console war right into the launch of the new generation. Now that they're seeing Sony is outselling them 2:1 again, they're now playing victim.

Last edited:

Kholinar

Banned
I agree. Gaming is more fun with fierce competition including trolls. Xbox executives trying to look like they were not into console warring falls flat on its face. They're trying to look like snowflakes, but they know exactly what they're doing.

They orchestrated and fueled console war right into the launch of the new generation. Now that they're seeing Sony is outselling them 2:1 again, they're now playing victim.
'They?' Who's they? You do realize XBOX isn't run by the same management as they were at the start of last generation?

Top Bottom