• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox x screenshots and videos to usb?

nbkicker

I maybe missing something here, but this is my first xbox console since the 360, ive took some screenshots and video clips of gameplay and now want to transfer them to a usb stick to go into editing software on my ipad, only option i see is if i put a usb stick and have that selected but that will only do for new clips, what about all my old clips, on the ps5 and switch u only need plug a usb stick in and then copy over any screenshots or videos

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
You can do this, if you have (I believe) 256GB USB3.0 stick, there you could save your media, however recording take pictures to the internal storage, only allows you to upload it the OneDrive as some for of storage goes.

elliot5

im not aware of a way to transfer but I dont have a media usb to test if that's possible in the storage settings.

you can access everything via the xbox app or xboxdvr.com if you need to download some things to your pc.

otherwise just plug in your external and set that as the default media capture device from now on

Sleepwalker

I maybe missing something here, but this is my first xbox console since the 360, ive took some screenshots and video clips of gameplay and now want to transfer them to a usb stick to go into editing software on my ipad, only option i see is if i put a usb stick and have that selected but that will only do for new clips, what about all my old clips, on the ps5 and switch u only need plug a usb stick in and then copy over any screenshots or videos

You can't with old clips, only new ones.

you can download the old ones here if you have them uploaded: https://gamerdvr.com/

It's a right pain in the ass that it works this way, there's no tool for transferring them from your SSD to your USB

nbkicker

You can't with old clips, only new ones.

you can download the old ones here if you have them uploaded: https://gamerdvr.com/

It's a right pain in the ass that it works this way, there's no tool for transferring them from your SSD to your USB
Yeah in this times where everything u can plug a usb in and copy stuff between devices its a bit poor havnt to have a usb device always in in off chance i want to record something, you would have thought microsoft would be leading the pack with this

nbkicker

The more easy is to use the app and download directly in the ipad memory
Or via pc,download and put into an usb
Do u not loose any quality in the app, i cant use my pc as it all boxed up in storage as im having to live with parents as sold my house and currently looking for a new house, so cant even use a usb connected to xbox as the xbox wont format and wants u to connect to a pc to format it into a format it likes

nbkicker

There is def a drop in quality, I use gameclips.io if I want a clip I want to share.
Its a bit of a shame that when i can just take sd card out of switch or put a usb drive into ps4 pro or ps5 and copy screenshots and videos over without any drop in quality, seems like xbox dropped the ball on this one

Naked Lunch

The best way to store your captures is to just plug an HDD into the console. This allow you to record clips up to an hour long. I recently did this and I have no clue why I waited so long fiddling around with crap websites and apps.

Before I finally went the HDD route I used 2 things:
Xboxgamedvr.com - but it was a pain in the ass because my clips sometimes wouldnt show up on here - and MS changed the way captures are stored on XBL a few years back. You have to keep manually deleting stuff to allow for more room once you hit a certain cap.

After getting tired of pissing around with the Xboxgamedvr site, I used the Xbox Console Companion app. This allows you to easily download your stuff and also delete stuff from XBL if you get close to that capacity cap. This app crashed a lot though.

But really, if you record a lot just forego all that and plug a dedicated capture HDD into the console and never have to worry about it.

Last edited:

nbkicker

The best way to store your captures is to just plug an HDD into the console. This allow you to record clips up to an hour long. I recently did this and I have no clue why I waited so long fiddling around with crap websites and apps.

Before I finally went the HDD route I used 2 things:
Xboxgamedvr.com - but it was a pain in the ass because my clips sometimes wouldnt show up on here - and MS changed the way captures are stored on XBL a few years back. You have to keep manually deleting stuff to allow for more room once you hit a certain cap.

After getting tired of pissing around with the Xboxgamedvr site, I used the Xbox Console Companion app. This allows you to easily download your stuff and also delete stuff from XBL if you get close to that capacity cap. This app crashed a lot though.

But really, if you record a lot just forego all that and plug a dedicated capture HDD into the console and never have to worry about it.
Yeah i dont like the idea of having hdd connected all the time, but could live connecting a usb drive if new i was after some footage, but cant do that anyway as most drives come fat 32 formatted or whatever and when i connect any drive ive got up it just says format to something on a windows pc and i dont have a windows pc to hand

Top Bottom