• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox360 NXE Dashboard Leaked to the Net!!! But theres a problem

voltron

Just installed the leaked version. Impressed so far. Im getting those fake-out update requests too... it starts to download then gets denied. With any luck well get it early.

So I cant rip any games to the HDD yet either? Theres really not much I can do now huh.

pswii60

Warm Machine said:
Dude, the real release is 4 days away. You should just wait it out.

BTW is the "killer app" or whatever with the NXE revealed yet or does one actually exist or was it the NetFlicks thing?
Primetime is definitely the killer app but unfortunately it was delayed until Spring.

Brashnir

voltron said:
Just installed the leaked version. Impressed so far. Im getting those fake-out update requests too... it starts to download then gets denied. With any luck well get it early.

So I cant rip any games to the HDD yet either? Theres really not much I can do now huh.

you can install games with the leaked version.

pswii60

I get that weird update thing - maybe it can't download it because the XBL servers are down at the moment?

EDIT: Although that wouldn't explain the earlier posters. Hopefully it will download it from the 19th or we're all screwed :eek:

HUELEN10

pswii60 said:
Although that wouldn't explain the earlier posters. Hopefully it will download it from the 19th or we're all screwed :eek:
Think about it, when NXE is official, plug your cable in, select your profile, and select edit avatar. it will HAVE to finish the install then!

Right?

RIGHT?!?!?!?!!?

voltron

pswii60 said:
I get that weird update thing - maybe it can't download it because the XBL servers are down at the moment?

EDIT: Although that wouldn't explain the earlier posters. Hopefully it will download it from the 19th or we're all screwed :eek:

nah its clearly the MS servers pinging the update out to all NXE systems with a caveat that only <insert preview allowed serial nos here> can finish the update. Im sure the caveat will be lifted on the 19th and well be good to go.

Burai

shitonmychest57
HUELEN10 said:
Think about it, when NXE is official, plug your cable in, select your profile, and select edit avatar. it will HAVE to finish the install then!

Right?

RIGHT?!?!?!?!!?

No. I installed the leak and then got accepted. You'll get a prompt to update your system, it'll download the 7MB file again, then it'll download the bigger supplementary file, run an installation process and then your system will reboot and you get presented with some avatars to choose from.

The only difference from getting the update legit from the off is that you don't get the cheesy intro video because I'm guessing it's already got a RUNONCE flag from where you've already used the NXE.

HUELEN10

Burai said:
No. I installed the leak and then got accepted. You'll get a prompt to update your system, it'll download the 7MB file again, then it'll download the bigger supplementary file, run an installation process and then your system will reboot and you get presented with some avatars to choose from.

The only difference from getting the update legit from the off is that you don't get the cheesy intro video because I'm guessing it's already got a RUNONCE flag from where you've already used the NXE.
I won't lie, I am hlaf-drunk off.... something right now. Is what you said good or bad when it comes to us "leaked installers" and being banned don the 19th? I mean, it being already "runonce'd", wouldn't it mean it wouldn't ping back MS and therefore NOT get the download that way?

EDIT: 5 hour enegy is what it is.

ATTENTION GAFFERSDO NOT DRINK THIS SHIT!

Burai

shitonmychest57
HUELEN10 said:
I won't lie, I am hlaf-drunk off.... something right now. Is what you said good or bad when it comes to us "leaked installers" and being banned don the 19th? I mean, it being already "runonce'd", wouldn't it mean it wouldn't ping back MS and therefore NOT get the download that way?

EDIT: 5 hour enegy is what it is.

ATTENTION GAFFERSDO NOT DRINK THIS SHIT!

It's good HUELEN. Also, go to bed or something.

Vorador

Banned
When i installed the leaked one i unplugged the machine physically from the router. So far so good, and even if the loading times from the HDD are not much lower, the silence when loading and playing games like Fable 2 is a godsend.

People are reporting that they can now play MP games (Like Halo 3 etc) with the Leaked NXE. Don't think it was always like that? You still can't see your friends list though.

Might not be true but worth a check for those that installed it.

saunderez

I just did my usual HDD swap between my NTSC (which was accepted into the Beta) and PAL (not accepted console with leaked version installed) and lo and behold the PAL console is now able to sign into Live under NXE. Anybody else noticed this? Might lend some creedence to people using the leaked version being able to get onlein.

I have the leaked NXE installed, and I could get no update to work direct from the dashboard, but I am just after downloading some update after trying to connect to Live through COD WAW. I went to multiplayer >>> Xbox Live >>> Sign-In and the update was allowed to go through. Then I got dumped back to the dashboard and was asked to download another update. I cannot download this update through any means :(

Keyser Soze said:
I have the leaked NXE installed, and I could get no update to work direct from the dashboard, but I am just after downloading some update after trying to connect to Live through COD WAW. I went to multiplayer >>> Xbox Live >>> Sign-In and the update was allowed to go through. Then I got dumped back to the dashboard and was asked to download another update. I cannot download this update through any means :(

Sounds like you got that NXE Update that was released a couple of days ago. But it still needs to download the Avatar portion which wouldn't (I assume) download while a game is running in the background.

MiloFoxburr said:
Sounds like you got that NXE Update that was released a couple of days ago. But it still needs to download the Avatar portion which wouldn't (I assume) download while a game is running in the background.

Thanks. I think you're right as It looks like the dashboard loads faster now, so some change has happened.

I have not really being keeping up to date with Live/NXE for a while, so I had no idea what was happening.

BlinkGT

Just a precision : i was in the second wave, RROD for my console, i put my HDD on a console with a leaked NXE (not able to connect on live until today). I don't know if there's a link between this and the ability to be online.

voltron said:
Not everyone.

I installed the leaked version an hour ago and cannot connect to live.

Ditto. Though I installed the leak from 2 weeks ago. Now I can actually get an update prompt when trying to sign into LIVE, but when I try to run it, it starts with a progress bar, then immediately stops =/

AgentOtaku said:
Ditto. Though I installed the leak from 2 weeks ago. Now I can actually get an update prompt when trying to sign into LIVE, but when I try to run it, it starts with a progress bar, then immediately stops =/

Can you play games online?

voltron

I dont get something. Where did this leak come from? Cant the 'leaker' leak the rest of the data so we can install the avatars and all the rest but still not connect to live?

Essentially, where did this leak come from and why isnt it complete?

edit, actually it would make sense to view the avatars as a separate download. Like its a mini-arcade game that needs to be downloaded separate. Im sure thats it.

MMaRsu

Banned
Hmm now I'm curious to get home and try to get online..

Lol voltron..

It's the complete dash, you can't use Avatars because you have to connect to XBL in order to use them. The leak came from MS beta program. People who didn't get accepted can still install the update to do everything, except for anything Live related.

voltron

Opus Angelorum said:
Initial impressions?

Well based on what Ive seen with no avatars or other bells n whistles, I like it. Could it be that its a case of change being as good as a holiday? Perhaps, maybe even probably. But I think all-round its a better UI, and the ability to install games to HDD is a godsend for titles like F3.

Nothing much else to say really. I like the new sounds and audio cues associated with certain events and screens etc. Its kind of hard to get a sense of how well the thing works without live access, as so much of the 360 dashboad experience is based in and around friends list and other live features.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
Jesus, if you don't have Xbox Live? So much wasted space... only My Xbox is useful, the rest are just ads for Xbox Live.

Manp

voltron said:
I dont get something. Where did this leak come from? Cant the 'leaker' leak the rest of the data so we can install the avatars and all the rest but still not connect to live?

Essentially, where did this leak come from and why isnt it complete?

edit, actually it would make sense to view the avatars as a separate download. Like its a mini-arcade game that needs to be downloaded separate. Im sure thats it.

once the update file is downloaded to HDD and applied it stays on the HDD. that's how it always worked so if you attach the HDD to another console that console will be prompted to update if it has an older dashboard version.

the update file saved on HDD shouldn't be accessible thought the dashboard but thet's not a problem since there has been a way to see the content of the 360 HDD by attaching it to a PC since few months after launch.

the leaker did nothing more than attaching his HDD to a PC, copy the update file and upload it.

the update file is the complete dashboard, only thing that's missing is everything that's not downloaded as an update file. apparently the "avatar creator software" is downloaded as if it was an arcade game and those are tied to your console ID and can't be copied to another console (afaik).
it doesn't have an "installer file". only way to get it is by downloading from XBL.

:)

voltron

McBacon said:
Jesus, if you don't have Xbox Live? So much wasted space... only My Xbox is useful, the rest are just ads for Xbox Live.

Yeah I agree with that. They really are pushing hard for non-subscribers to sign up.

voltron

Manp said:
the update file saved on HDD shouldn't be accessible thought the dashboard but thet's not a problem since there has been a way to see the content of the 360 HDD by attaching it to a PC since few months after launch.

Thats the money shot. Didnt realise there was that functionality.

Brakara

voltron said:
Yeah I agree with that. They really are pushing hard for non-subscribers to sign up.

Makes sense since there are probably tons of people who aren't even aware that there is such a thing as XBL (and/or what it provides).

Okay so I'm trying to update with the NXE and it keeps telling me it can't update because I'm not connected to live or something... but this is the initial update and I thought I didn't need to be connected or anything to do it via USB.

Treo360

UltimaPooh said:
Okay so I'm trying to update with the NXE and it keeps telling me it can't update because I'm not connected to live or something... but this is the initial update and I thought I didn't need to be connected or anything to do it via USB.
haha, yeah I'm getting the fake out too.

With these codes

W.0000-000B

X.0000-000D

Y.22A0-4000

Z.8015-1002

Oh well just a few days.

Top Bottom