• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XboxEvent.com just registered by the same company that did Xbox's E3 presentations

LOL at all the people that said Microsoft was rushing their meeting to combat the superduperawesome PS4 reveal. Microsoft continues to act like they've had a plan for a long time and they're adhering to it regardless of what anyone else does.

I see no reason to rush,like you said they have had a plan before Sony did they reveal. As long as they have the event, that is what matters.

LOL at all the people that said Microsoft was rushing their meeting to combat the superduperawesome PS4 reveal. Microsoft continues to act like they've had a plan for a long time and they're adhering to it regardless of what anyone else does.

LOL word MS doesn't give a fuck about killzone 1080p being shown they have no reason to rush. in fact i think sony should have waited as well.

Biggzy

Although at GDC, developers will be openly talking about their projects and the PS4, and we will get hushed whispers of Durango if we are lucky.

TheOddOne

Sounds sexy.
iCg4bNietSAsY.gif

dan999

Banned
The fact that Kojima wasn't at Sony's thing (not even Kojima Productions logo!) has got me worried MGS5 is a Durango (at least timed) exclusive. MGS4 was the only PS3 exclusive MS couldn't get last gen so they're probably willing to go above and beyond to get it this time around.

Biggzy

The fact that Kojima wasn't at Sony's thing (not even Kojima Productions logo!) has got me worried MGS5 is a Durango (at least timed) exclusive. MGS4 was the only PS3 exclusive MS couldn't get last gen so they're probably willing to go above and beyond to get it this time around.

I am pretty sure I read that MGS games from now on will be multiplatform.

Hana-Bi

He was on some Europe event in Paris / Berlin etc. ...

Press release from Bugbear.

PR said:
Helsinki, Finland - 25th of February 2013. Demolition derby to return in a big way! Best known for our critically acclaimed, multi-million selling “FlatOut” series (FlatOut, FlatOut 2, FlatOut: Ultimate Carnage) and most recently for Ridge Racer Unbounded team Bugbear is going to deliver the definitive demolition derby racing game.

We are returning to our roots to make this game, re-interpreting what initially excited us way back in FlatOut days. It’s full-contact motor sports with cars built for crashing. We’re doing it because our fans have been asking for this kind of game for years. We get the messages every week.
Nobody else seems capable of delivering what they need, and there hasn’t been a proper demolition derby game for a long time. It’s about time the fans got an answer.

Technology now allows us to fully realize what we imagined back then - debris-filled scenes of high speed carnage. We're taking destruction racing to a level you've never seen before. We can put tons more metal and dirt in the air now, and that’s exactly what we’re going to do. We want to make you feel the carnage.

We’re calling it just our next car game for now. It’s coming for the PC and yet to be announced platforms. More news soon.

Izick

Rösti;48255452 said:
I just noticed that all event details (travel information is still there though) has been removed from https://www.startfy14.com. And the PDF file ekim linked (https://ustproduction.blob.core.win...5/START_FY14_Event_Agenda_and_Information.pdf) seems to have been taken down. Luckily I saved the file.

For anyone who's interested, here's a permanent copy of the .PDF files that were on MS's website:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/127281251/START-FY14-AttendeeChecklist

http://www.scribd.com/doc/127281260/START-FY14-Event-Agenda-and-Information

That date says to me MS doesnt give two fucks about Sony revealing early lol.

Sure they did. It completely took them by surprise, Microsoft employees were watching the press conference, and Microsoft's PR, in at least one instance, tried to downplay Sony's early announcement.

FordGTGuy

Banned
Sure they did. It completely took them by surprise, Microsoft employees were watching the press conference, and Microsoft's PR, in at least one instance, tried to downplay Sony's early announcement.

You're kidding right? Why would they wait till April if it was a reaction?

I'm guessing you're talking about Major Nelson's comment?

It was a factual and truthful statement...

derFeef

There was no surprise, everyone knew about the conference besides that one MS dude that made a random comment. And why wouldn't they watch it? They all work in the same industry.

Biggzy

You're kidding right? Why would they wait till April if it was a reaction?

I'm guessing you're talking about Major Nelson's comment?

It was a factual and truthful statement...

The fact of the matter is that Sony happened to have their unveiling first, if Microsoft were scrambling to respond they would have put their unveiling in March. Instead they are unveiling in late April, that doesn't sound like a company that is scrambling to respond to the competition.

Alx

I think that early conference took everybody by surprise (even some of the Sony staff :p), but the points you mention are just expected behaviors : of course MS employees would watch it, just like Sony employees and anybody interested in video gaming will be watching the MS one. And PR is just PR, they're expected to say something and they weren't going to praise it.

On the other hand, I think a late reveal of the 720 is probably a sign of reacting to the Sony conference rather than "not giving a fuck". MS probably expected to shoot first and prepared their communication accordingly. With the new situation, they're now giving an answer to Sony, so they have to update their plans to make sure they give a better impression.
They'll probably take a few jabs on weaknesses of Sony's conf (show hardware, more gameplay,...), skip on things that would be redundant (video sharing if they do it too), and focus on their own strengths...

Of course they'd watch the conference. They're watching and analyzing the competition all the time. They even have their own room with PS3s in the Xbox building. And the Xbox execs have PS3s and Wiis at home too. I think Larry even congratulated Naughty Dog for shipping Uncharted 2 or 3 and picked up a copy.

Cuth

Let's completely twist the idea of the MS event in April as a reaction to the PS4 announcement!
A MS event in late April means MS wants to keep most of their cards close to their chest until after Sony has started the production of PS4 hardware.
:p

Top Bottom