• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XboxEvent.com just registered by the same company that did Xbox's E3 presentations

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks! Any chance of getting a news at all our of this?
I wouldn't be surprised if a few investors ask about IEB for the fall (FY14). Hopefully Microsoft will respond with something a bit more interesting than "it's too early to talk about the next generation". Maybe a few quotes will be included in the forward-looking statements.

Also, AMD has its Q1 2013 Earnings Conference Call today at 5:00 p.m. ET:

http://ir.amd.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=74093&p=irol-eventDetails&EventId=4901035

We might get a few more PlayStation 4 details from that.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
You need a high amount of "supercomputers" to reach Petaflops, no?
Not really (depends on the meaning of "supercomputer" though, if it's the whole thing or each individual system of the supercomputer). Titan (a Cray XK7 system) reaches 17.59 Petaflop/s and is top of the list on Top 500 (November 2012).

Though supercomputers have usually got a great amount of processors (Titan's got 560,640). So a high amount of "Durangos" would probably be needed to reach a single petaflop.

derFeef

Rösti;54398409 said:
Not really. Titan (a Cray XK7 system) reaches 17.59 Petaflop/s and is top of the list on Top 500 (November 2012).

Though supercomputers have usually got a great amount of processors (Titan's got 560,640). So a high amount of "Durangos" would probably be needed to reach a single petaflop.

Okay, one really powerful supercomputer ;)
If those graphics are real (which I doubt) then it's got to be a cloud thing.

Izick

I would be super-bummed if they went with symmetrical stick placement. I can adapt and it's not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but I like the 360's stick placement the best.

I would be super-bummed if they went with symmetrical stick placement. I can adapt and it's not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but I like the 360's stick placement the best.

No way they will do that. It not only makes them different from the PS4 controller but it's better as well.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1mByAgF0RrCY01TVWVRNzRiRkE/edit
comes from:
https://twitter.com/BoxAt1015

prolly fake...

untitled99y46.png
Fuck I hope this isn't real.. the analog sticks were in the right place to begin with MS!!!

Izick

I was hoping for an announcement of the announcement or something. I just want Microsoft to show this thing already so I can decide what console I want to get this holiday.

Izick

Switching back to Balmatar in hopes all the good rumors are true and none of the bad.

I honestly think Microsoft is going to excite a lot of people. I think choosing between the Nextbox and PS4 isn't going to be as night-and-day easy as some people are assuming.

Key2001

It's not just the sticks, face buttons are on the wrong side. There were rumors about customizable controller layout, if I remember correctly.

I don't think the face buttons being on the left has anything to do with a customizable controller layout, I think it along with most, of not all, of the other icons are just mirrored. As for the sticks, this may have nothing to do with the next Xbox console and they just used the icon to represent gaming(MS is expanding the Xbox brand beyond their consoles).

If you mirror the codes do they still translate to something of meaning or just gibberish?

Alx

If you mirror the codes do they still translate to something of meaning or just gibberish?

I think in reverse it translates to
Oh here's to my sweet Satan.
The one whose little path would make me sad, whose power is Satan.

Izick

ekim, you're a good person in my book! You caught all of this stuff way in advance, and now it's finally materializing. Good job!

Top Bottom