• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XboxEvent.com just registered by the same company that did Xbox's E3 presentations

MormaPope

Banned
why not:
2SeCSPO.png

Oh mah gawd it's purrfect.

Thank you for the Ballmerizing, can't wait for the gifs to eventually come to fruition.

adixon

Fable III was well written, well acted and funny. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would, the co-op in particular, but yes, it was rather uninspired.

The less said about the past 8 years of Final Fantasy the better.

Yeah, but you're talking about two main series games, right? XIII's dissapointment and an MMO disaster they're still working on remaking. So there's been one new non-MMO main series final fantasy in 8 years.

So is their problem really that they have too many sequels in the series, as the post I originally responded to suggested? Seems like they have the opposite problem; they don't release enough main series games. (Which could very well be because they keep making cheap spinoffs of XIII.)

A new Final Fantasy sequel is still considered an event by most people, while the spinoffs are generally ignored/reviled... the number going up actually carries some weight, for now, I guess.

eastmen

Banned
I try to stay out of this but I dont fet the kinect hate. If ms shows it and some kinect games who cares as long as they have more core games it doesnt bother me. I actually use my kinect alot for voice control and an improvement in it woukd only make it better. I also look foward to seeing how this new ps eye is

Spinluck

You have no clue why some people might want to see what the console looks like? Really? Why show the games then? We won't be able to play them until the Fall. Interest is why. Hype.

He said he wanted to see them so he could start planning where he could put them or something like that.

People are acting like we won't see how it looks until launch, we'll probably see it LONG before then. So them not showing it in February isn't that big of a deal.

ekim

What site are you talking about?

Xboxevent.com - them web server is not fully running yet or redirecting into nowhere.

But, IP-wise, we are now already in Seattle (where the event company resides , which is 20 miles away from Redmond, where MS resides) - so I think my assumption, that they actually preparing the site to go live, could be right.

Izick

Xboxevent.com - they firewall'd the actual site.

imageq5pem.jpg

But, IP-wise, we are now already in Seattle (where the event company resides , which is 20 miles away from Redmond, where MS resides) - so I think my assumption, that they actually preparing the site to go live, could be right.

giantj.jpg

FrankT

Miss the J. The whole original crew really.

And those are some Sherlock Holmes skills going on. Site up maybe by early next week perhaps.

Karak

Anyone able to put
his face
DonMattrick1.jpg

On this?

images

I HAVE to have that as my avatar hahahaha. Mattrick is even better than Balmer for avatars to me.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
I sure hope Alan Wake 2 will be shown soon in full glory!

mr_scratch.gif

Is Balmer even involved in the Durango project? Maybe someone more deserving can get their faces plastered onto our avatars.

Nope, but getting him to show up for five minutes going mental would make everything so much better.

Edit: For those wanting Ballmer avatars/gifs...Do your worse.

FBcamyK.jpg

I want a Fable 1 type of Fable, I'm sick and tired of the property and co-op subsystems that have been introduced to Fable this gen. Fable 1 was extremely charming and fresh, the game's story had really neat twists and the combat actually had some difficulty and risk to it.
Awww the little chicken chasa!

Best Fable in the series.

It's a shame Ballmer is Microsoft's CEO, potentially one of the worst CEO's to have ever graced a large corporation. I think you guys should skip him and [insert here]ify someone else in Microsoft.

He's not a visionary thats for sure, but wake me when his company collapses as badly as Sony's has. Or when he runs it out of business as several large corporations have. Microsoft continues to make money under him and release a lot of great products, mostly in areas the public will never see. His reactionary style to tech trends has truly hurt the company's future growth though.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
It's nice to see a lot of love for Alan Wake on here. Remedy will definitely bring in the goods for the full fledge sequel with all the hardware and resources provided. I am just imagining with the animation tech that Edge hinted to be better than LA noire and how combining that with an updated engine will just ooze a graphical show case. I loved exploring Bright Falls and all the areas surrounding it, and if they go the HP lovecraft route with the creatures and darkness becoming more mutated, with the little hints we saw from American Nightmare with the spiders and some of how the enemies acted and Mr Scratch's hint of the other realm, then it's going to be incredible.

Lmao these avatars are cracking me up more than the Kaz ones for some reason. Probably because Ballmer and Mattrick are more lame than Kaz :p

Izick

My memory is kind of foggy, how all-in did MS go with their MTV event back in 05' before the E3 of that year? Did they show PDZ, Kameo, and all their exclusives or did they save some?

ekim

My memory is kind of foggy, how all-in did MS go with their MTV event back in 05' before the E3 of that year? Did they show PDZ, Kameo, and all their exclusives or did they save some?

Afaik there were few to no games at all. I could be wrong though.

DarkCloud

They showed PDZ for sure...it spawned the wall guy meme.

derFeef

Wasnt it about Spyro? I did not follow consoles that much back then.

Top Bottom