• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xboxie, Free web browser games on your Xbox One

statham

Saw this on Reddit, and thought it was pretty cool.
Hi Guys n Gals, after learning that we can play HTML5 games via Internet Explorer on the Xbox I decided to make a website with games that work with the controller.

So what is XBOXIE

The name XBOXIE is (Xbox + IE) but pronounced “Xboxy”.

As most of HTML 5 games are designed with Keyboard in mind it means there is very little with controller support. After googling for hours to find working games I decided to put together a site with every game I've test and I know that works.

Over the next week I will be adding hundreds of games to the site (But I've been programming all today so I've decided to give myself a break)

The website is a very user friendly for the Xbox browser so you can easily jump in and out of free games from your console.

I've also added in what the controls are for each game.

What else is coming to the site

Next week I will add the ability for you to be able to rate games, so once I've got a fair few in the database, the good ones will float to the top.

And what else

Most developers don't think about console in mine when making web based HTML games, so over the next month I will be contacting as many Indie Devs as I can to ask them to add in controller support to allow us to be able to play it on the console (plus I think it be a cool selling point for devs to say "You can play this on Xbox one")

You can help

If you have found a good HTML5 game and tried it yourself so you know it works on the Xbox then you can submit it to the site, and once I've checked it, I will add it to the database.

Last of all

I know there isn't a huge amount of great games on there YET, but its early days... but with your support I should be able to grow this site.

PS. Don't forget to pin this website to your dashboard.
http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/com...free_on_xbox_one_with_xboxie_repost/?sort=top

http://xboxie.com/

I've tried pacman and a few others and it works pretty good. most use the Dpad.

Amir0x

Banned
Haha this reminds me a LONG time ago when Wii got a free browser someone did the same thing and made games that were playable on Wii. It was a pretty nice diversion during the lulls, although they stopped updating it pretty quickly

hawk2025

Tried three or four games -- there's just enough input lag to make the whole experience kind of unbearable :(

Pac-man was the best of the bunch, but it's just too laggy for my tastes.

terrisus

Haha this reminds me a LONG time ago when Wii got a free browser someone did the same thing and made games that were playable on Wii. It was a pretty nice diversion during the lulls, although they stopped updating it pretty quickly

That was my first thought too.
It really was a pretty nifty idea, but just never really caught on, which was a shame.

Remfin

The Wii U has this capability natively (it has a special gamepad API)...but as far as I can tell no one has ever found out how to disable the built-in button usages (if you even can), so its almost completely useless.

Sanic

Yeah, that was kind of a big deal for awhile. Being limited to a superset of Flash 8 killed it over time, however.

This guy has been spamming the Xbox One Sub reddit for the past couple of days, seems like each time he get's reported because the post keep on coming down, seems like he's going to start spamming NeoGAF now.

statham

This guy has been spamming the Xbox One Sub reddit for the past couple of days, seems like each time he get's reported because the post keep on coming down, seems like he's going to start spamming NeoGAF now.

why do we care about this guy? I just want to know about xbox compatible games

Top Bottom