• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xcloud PC iOS beta Limited Beta for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Members

DaGwaphics

Played on PC with a wireless Xbox controller, forget anything that needs reaction speed, Gears 5 multiplayer was totally unplayable. Dirt 5 was barely playable.

Works best for slower paced single player stuff like Fallout 4, we're a long way from replacing dedicated hardware.

Yeah, we'd likely need a lot of the terrestrial hops removed/replaced via satellite to really get the latency down. With that said, PSNow is acceptable for single player games IMO, so if they can get xcloud (or have it already) working at that level it should be okay. I know people have said that Stadia performs worse via browser than with the Chromecast, so maybe this is a efficiency problem relating to the browser.

Last edited:

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
I don't know how people can play on small screens. The smallest I can manage on is a normal iPad. An iPad mini is too small so an iPhone is a total bust.
Growing up playing Nintendo and Sega portables makes my iPhone 8 plus 5.5" screen seem huge...
epjHShx.jpg

Perfect size to compliment the Xbox controller.

Gamezone

Gold Member
please keep us updated.
Currently my Fire TV 2 is not with me so I cannot test it.

If this should work, then it will give new live and purpose to my Fire TV 😅

BTW: IMO next step for xCloud should be to allow us to play all of our digital purchased games, not just Gamepass games

I have tried with other cheap Android TV boxes, and it was terrible. Only had luck with the Nvidia Shield and Google Home with Android TV.

Gamezone

Gold Member
True, I was getting close to my usual lap times on Dirt 5 when playing on my Android phone, I struggled to even get in the top ten whilst playing on the PC browser.

Did you have better luck with other streaming services? I can barely notice any latency with GeForce Now on PC.

RaZoR No1

I have tried with other cheap Android TV boxes, and it was terrible. Only had luck with the Nvidia Shield and Google Home with Android TV.
Can you tell me what was terrible? The lag or was everyrhing slow etc?
5GHz Wifi / wired?
Used a different browser? I plan to use the Android Edge Browser for xCloud.

Unfortunately the earliest I can try it out will be on Monday/Tuesday

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots

It works on Android TV? The browser or the apk sideloaded?

Last edited:

Rossco EZ

just got my invite but having some problems.

i’ve connected my series x controller to my iphone 11 pro but when i load a game up like forza the controller is unresponsive.

i’ve also found out that after connecting to my phone when i try to sync back to console it doesn’t work it just keeps flashing. i thought the series x controller could remember multiple devices?

just got my invite but having some problems.

i’ve connected my series x controller to my iphone 11 pro but when i load a game up like forza the controller is unresponsive.

i’ve also found out that after connecting to my phone when i try to sync back to console it doesn’t work it just keeps flashing. i thought the series x controller could remember multiple devices?
You have to double tap the bind button to switch between console and Bluetooth.

Rossco EZ

You have to double tap the bind button to switch between console and Bluetooth.
thanks just tried that and it switched back to my console (y) , still having issues with getting the controller to work with iphone. did a quick search on youtube and seems a lot of others are having problems with these new controllers as well.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
It also works on the xbox edge browser, so you can try a game before you download it, or play the opening while it downloads in the background.

This would be more interesting for older xbox owners if the had the series X blades and games working.......potentially......

Fox Mulder

I’m trying this for the first time at the beach on my iPhone, but it’s poor. Input lag is bad and Forza Horizon 4 works just enough for me to get my daily forzathon task in. I also had to update my iPhone for the new Xbox Series X controller to work.

PSNow streaming works great for me at home, so I’ll try this there too. The interface is nice and everything loaded up fast and synced my save. I can see them getting it good enough to be tolerable.

Last edited:
Top Bottom