• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XCOM 2 Collection coming to Switch on May 29

Mista

Banned
Switch_XCOM2Collection_Hero.jpg

XCOM 2 Collection is coming to Switch on May 29, publisher 2K Games and developers Firaxis Games Virtuos announced.

Performance on consoles was shit, I can't imagine it'll be better here. Great game though. and the expansion really does add a ton.

diffusionx

Gold Member
I played XCOM a ton on iPad, and really wish the sequel came out too. Well, this is cool - hopefully it has cross save support.

Played the original on the Vita, so I'm definitely down for the sequel on Switch.

These turn based games having shitty frame rates really doesn't make a lot of difference to the experience, while portability is a huge plus point.

mcjmetroid

Needs to sort out the loading. The loading on the PS4 is some of the worst I've seen since the commodore 64. Not sure if it's much better on Xbox.

Grinchy

Banned
I'm curious about general performance, too. I wonder if this will rival the Vita port or Enemy Unknown. That game took minutes to load and the framerate dropped to the teens all the time.

Fbh

I need to give this franchise another chance.
Got frustrated in the original on some fairly early mission where they introduced some new aliens that spotted you from like the other side of the map, had a massive movement range and were hard to kill. Tried it a few times and couldn't figure out how to beat them and then just moved on to something else.

Last edited:

Mochilador

I always wanted to play it on consoles but I was too afraid of the state of the game.
People always talk about crashes, losing progress.

If you are interested in aliens, enjoy turn-based tactical strategy gameplay and a challenging difficulty, XCOM is a great series to get into. I think it's best played on the PC but hopefully it runs well enough on the Switch.

xrnzaaas

This is going to be interesting, base PS4 and XONE are struggling to run this game in decent fps, especially with the War of the Chosen expansion (fyi I've finished the base campaign multiple times and WotC once). Not to mention you get 3-4 minute loading times later in the campaign.

Last edited:

SCB3

Hmm , the PC version is rough in places and I have quite a powerful machine, Console may be worse but I'm kinda looking forward to the switch version to see how ti runs

The whole Xcom2 bundle (all content) is on sale for 30 bucks on Steam. I have been playing and loving Gears Tactics, would XCOM vets recommend I purchase XCOM 2? I understand it is pretty unforgiving? But deep, and rewarding as well?

edit

Also, I read it runs poorly on Xbox and PS4. Apparently, to this day, it still hard crashes on console Wonder how Switch fares

Last edited:

Grinchy

Banned
The whole Xcom2 bundle (all content) is on sale for 30 bucks on Steam. I have been playing and loving Gears Tactics, would XCOM vets recommend I purchase XCOM 2? I understand it is pretty unforgiving? But deep, and rewarding as well?
It's a great game that you will love until it pisses you off! Then you start over, do everything even more right next time, and get to a new point where it pisses you off again. It's great!

Top Bottom