• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XCOM: Enemy Unknown Plus (Vita) Out Now in Europe

If you happen to launch the game again, can you watch for the studio logos at the beginning ? Just curious about who ported the game, since 2K itself couln't care less about the vita.

My first reaction was 'I wouldn't have sold my Vita had I known this would happen!'

But then I realized I can't go back to EU/EW after XCOM 2.

robotrock

Banned
Here we go:

bQnIL8Z.jpg

Looks like MK9 Vita. Acceptable.

Meneses

Some impressions (can't post pics, but the ones from earlier show how it looks):

Port seems to be done by 2K China (the logo is there).

The graphics seem to be a bit downgraded, which is expected.

Performance so far feels similar to the console version - which wasn't great, but for this genre it's playable. I put hundreds of hours into the PS3 version and it didn't bother me much, so i'm expecting similar stuff here.

It has some hitches here and there, and a pretty annoying "SAVING" pop up after every turn which stops the action for a couple seconds - can't remember if it was in the original version.

The loadings are a bit on the long side, around 25 / 30 seconds before and after a battle.

You can move the camera using the touch screen, and also switch weapons by tapping it.

It seems to have the Enemy Within content, at least there are references to Meld and MEC troopers - haven't seen anything in game yet.

For me, I just wanted to be able to play XCOM on the Vita, so i'm loving it. So far it's a comparable experience to the PS3 version. People who didn't enjoy that version's performance will probably have a similar opinion here.

I'm gonna play the hell out of this game lol

18-Volt

What the hell has happened to Take Two? Refusing the officially announcing the games even though everything about the game has leaked and doing stealth releases. XCOM, CivRev2 Vita ports and now Bioshock Collection. They have certainly become the strangest western publisher.

Roldan

Seriously, the existence of this port is bizarre as fuck, but I'm glad it exists.

Since the NA store updates on tuesday, the game might launch (?) tomorrow.

What's the deal with Civ Rev 2 anyway? Were there any bad impressions of the asia port? Being delayed twice and released in a different region with no talk about it is weird.

Meneses

After playing some more, general performance might be slightly worse than on consoles, but nothing too major.

Also, it seems that the different armor types are not in this version - at least I cannot change it, so far. Only colors.

Wait wtf? How'd I miss this?

Hoping for physical, but i'll buy digital if it comes stateside. I'll be distraught if neither happens. At that point, bring on the region free homebrew.

Ponn

Banned
Oh holy shit. Why don't Vita games sell more, its not like they don't advertise them or even tell people when they are coming out. couldn't be that, nyahhh. Hopefully this is on the US store tomorrow. Almost done with Fire Emblem Fates so will put the 3DS up for awhile and go back to this and finishing Cyber Sleuth.

Roussow

To anyone who's also played it, is there anyway to permanently zoom out the camera? You pinch it out, and then as soon as you switch troops the camera defaults back to close in.

2k China was dissolved a few months ago though...

Unless I was mistaken, 2K China was mentioned on startup, in the series of studio logos.

CamHostage

What's the deal with Civ Rev 2 anyway? Were there any bad impressions of the asia port? Being delayed twice and released in a different region with no talk about it is weird.

I'm curious about the Civ Rev 2 port as well, if anybody has the import? Both of these got me pretty hyped on Vita, even though it's been ages in coming (and still hasn't happened for the most of us.)

I'm curious about the Civ Rev 2 port as well, if anybody has the import? Both of these got me pretty hyped on Vita, even though it's been ages in coming (and still hasn't happened for the most of us.)

Civ Rev 2 port is great. I had a little bit of a problem with slowdown but only towards endgame when there's loads of units spread across all the map. Also a slight problem with controls not being responsive, seemed to be fixed whenever I use the touchscreen though.

OT: Mad. I was sure this; AC Chroncies & Civ Rev would've been revealed at PSX, yet none of them were mentioned. Now it's possible for me to own all 3 of them in English. Didn't take as long as I was expecting.

Wonder what's up with the stealth launching though. Not like it costs anything to make a PS Blog post, plus they did it for Civ Rev.

Man, did this come out of nowhere or what?
I've been kind of interested in this game, too, but having it thrown out suddenly without any warning kind of puts a damper on my hopes. I wonder how this runs compared to the iOS version!

This also makes me realise that we were probably really close to getting BiOShock on Vita, before 2K China shut down. Since they handled this + Civ Rev 2, and they'd done the original iOS port of Bioshock.

Shame.

Rymuth

Some impressions (can't post pics, but the ones from earlier show how it looks):

Performance so far feels similar to the console version - which wasn't great, but for this genre it's playable. I put hundreds of hours into the PS3 version and it didn't bother me much, so i'm expecting similar stuff here.

It has some hitches here and there, and a pretty annoying "SAVING" pop up after every turn which stops the action for a couple seconds - can't remember if it was in the original version.

The loadings are a bit on the long side, around 25 / 30 seconds before and after a battle.

You can move the camera using the touch screen, and also switch weapons by tapping it.

It seems to have the Enemy Within content, at least there are references to Meld and MEC troopers - haven't seen anything in game yet.

For me, I just wanted to be able to play XCOM on the Vita, so i'm loving it. So far it's a comparable experience to the PS3 version. People who didn't enjoy that version's performance will probably have a similar opinion here.

Very informative, thanks.

OK, this seems to have come out of nowhere and I think I am going to buy it, it perfect for my train ride.

I have Enemy Unknown on the PS3 through plus from a while back, but never played it as I struggle to sit in front of my TV and play strategy games for some reason.

Lamptramp

Great to hear, thanks... I'm all over this, my next visit to hospital will be awesome! :D

DieH@rd

Banned

VITA MEANS LIFE

So this is a good port? or worth buying atleast? Last time i waited for the Vita version of a game/rebought a vita version of a game it was Resident Evil Revelations 2 and that burnt me bad with its utter shite graphics and load time - it made the 3DS Revelations look positively like a PC running on Ultra settings

Top Bottom