• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XCOM FPS (The Bureau) about to be re-revealed, teasers sent out

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Glad this is still coming out. Bioshock 2 was great and instasold me on any future 2K Marin game

I dunno dude, did you play Survival Instinct?

Nah I didn't to be fair but I still thought it looked like cheap fun which I could get some enjoyment from when it actually goes for a super cheap price. I've at least read some opinions from folk here who enjoyed it (such as Neuromancer and a few others). I genuinely don't recall anyone enjoying Colonial Marines :p

I quite liked the look of what was originally shown to be honest, I would quite like to see how that turned out. I hope it turns out to be more like that than the third person version they showed later on. Titled X-Com or not it looked interesting.

Swifty

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't this game supposed to have procedural encounters? I hope that's true because that's 100000x better than your typical linear corridor shooter.

seldead

I never heaps understood the hate. It's not tarnishing the series, if you didn't want to play a shooter inspired by Xcom then pretend it doesn't exist and stick to your turn based strat games .

I don't play many games anymore but this definitely has me interested. I remember there being like a risk-esque map to drop down into little sandbox areas to fight the invasion, and the art style looked pre nice.

gabbo

I never heaps understood the hate. It's not tarnishing the series, if you didn't want to play a shooter inspired by Xcom then pretend it doesn't exist and stick to your turn based strat games .

I don't play many games anymore but this definitely has me interested. I remember there being like a risk-esque map to drop down into little sandbox areas to fight the invasion, and the art style looked pre nice.

To be fair, this was announced before Firaxis' turn-based sequel/reboot was officially a thing, and was being sold on the fact that turn-based games didn't have a market. I rather liked the idea of a 60's pastiche tactical squad shooter, but it didn't need the XCOM name attached to succeed there.

Top Bottom