• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade 2 Interviews with Tetsuya Takahashi

Dude she looks like a joke running around the field with her tits being the same size as her head. Plus this kinda bullshit happens to female characters all the time with little equivalent happening to men in games, but hey who cares what women think or want.

While I prefer the artwork version over the in-game version, I'm not going to go on a tirade about it in every discussion about this game. It's pretty tiring to see these threads result in the same thing over and over again, namely people talking about what bodies and clothes are appropriate for women to have, lest they be hookers. I'm sure most would agree that the equivalent for men should be more frequent in games but that's not what's going on in these Xenoblade threads.

Yazuka

2017-06-2416_27_20-epiuuj8.png

I don't really care about the pants, but this looks so much better!
I'm more in the headgear camp, it looks ridiculous hanging from his back. Would love to get rid of that and I would be pleased.

Still no matter how the character looks this games is one of my post anticipated games of the year, I'm so damn hyped for this title.

It's extremely impressive that they think they can improve the exploration from Xenoblade X and I'm particularly grateful for the confirmation of both multiple Towns and Dungeons. I missed having more towns in X in spite of that game's rather intriguing exploration of many, many alien cultures. Hopefully, they're able to take their level design to another level.

Also the choice of words like "initiatory journey" gives me some big Grandia vibes which I really like a lot. Though I do wonder if we'll get anything horrific like the Water Plant Sidequest in Xenoblade X. I wouldn't mind that.

The answer on Sidequests doesn't say much but it does hint towards more sidequest based character development and more macro gameplay progression (stuff like the colony town development) with generally less filler overall which is a good progression from Xenoblade X's choice to only have narrative quests populate the overworld and place most of the nameless requests on a board. The return of auto-completing quests is still nice, however.

I do agree with the choice to not bother with player Airship travel. I think Monolith learned a valuable lesson there. Especially to not waste the player's time with forcing them to move manually though duller space when they could just have another cool level/area immediately. I look forward to traveling on foot because as much fun as the Skell was in Xenoblade X, I think the awe of Monolith's worlds is best expressed at a human-sized scale.

I've always liked that Takahashi's protagonists always had defined professions before the story kicked in and that seems to continue nicely with Rex's profession as a Scavenger especially since it's actually a gameplay detail as well it seems.

Waji

I'm sure the more we'll see about the game, the more people will completely 180° on it and see how impressive it can be.
I personaly just need a gameplay video about Blades so I finally understand the whole thing.
After that, earliest release date for them to be happy about the final product.

The return of auto-completing quests is still nice, however.
Which actually only worked with the Board's quests, so... in the end, you always have to go talk to the NPC because there's some narration involved.

Which actually only worked with the Board's quests, so... in the end, you always have to go talk to the NPC because there's some narration involved.

True, but I'm just glad that they haven't backtracked on their good ideas. Developers are sometimes inconsistent about improvements, Monolith Soft included.

CoolS

Na, xenoblade also die that with a lot of quests from not so important NPCs. Just the bigger sidequests Had you return to the quest giver

BBboy20

Plus this kinda bullshit happens to female characters all the time with little equivalent happening to men in games, but hey who cares what women think or want.
tumblr_o9f9pyToBD1tq4of6o1_400.gif

Hah! Way better. x)
Gets rid of impractical part.
M8DtXzR.gif

I want a day 1 patch that gives sword girl a breast reduction and more cloth. Whoever designed her should be locked in a cell forever.
Just dont focus on the boobs so much and let nature be nature. Playing Xenoblade 1 now and Sharla is more naked.
gzQVnlR.gif

Waji

True, but I'm just glad that they haven't backtracked on their good ideas. Developers are sometimes inconsistent about improvements, Monolith Soft included.
Na, xenoblade also die that with a lot of quests from not so important NPCs. Just the bigger sidequests Had you return to the quest giver
There's no difference between Xenoblade and X actually about that.
The real difference was not about having to go see the NPC or not (you always have to as long as it's a real character with some kind of "story" around), but clues on the minimap.

Xenoblade was harder to deal with because there was no pointer on the map and you had to remember or guess where to go all the time.
But the common quests from people without name (same as board quests in X) also didn't require the player to go back.
I'd like these to disappear to be honest, so we'd have only stories in side quests and no other choice.

There's no difference between Xenoblade and X actually about that.
The real difference was not about having to go see the NPC or not (you always have to as long as it's a real character with some kind of "story" around), but clues on the minimap.

Xenoblade was harder to deal with because there was no pointer on the map and you had to remember or guess where to go all the time.
But the common quests from people without name (same as board quests in X) also didn't require the player to go back.
I'd like these to disappear to be honest, so we'd have only stories in side quests and no other choice.

True. I think Xenoblade 2 is probably going to end up the smoothest to play of the Xenoblade games so far.

I also agree that sidequest stories should be there primarily but I do think that some common quests that require going to a certain place are still valuable to keep around when a story sidequest wouldn't fit well.

Top Bottom