• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade 2 official Japanese twitter account and website thread

https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/911123335580282881

DKT1jTHVAAEYK31.jpg

New rare balde

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
There's a summoning video as well. They're really pushing the gacha aspect.

They should have someone running an English version of this twitter as well considering the game is getting a simultaneous release.

Ridley327

That new Blade looks like they popped right out of a Sin & Punishment fourth miniboss encounter. Cool to see that we're already seeing a big variety in terms of the guest artists for the Blades.

Instro

I've been a little behind on some of the info for this, but you essentially have a chance of getting various blades when using various rarities of core crystals correct?

Ridley327

I've been a little behind on some of the info for this, but you essentially have a chance of getting various blades when using various rarities of core crystals correct?

Yeah, we've seen (thus far) common core crystals and rare core crystals. I imagine that there are other tiers that narrow the window down further for getting a new rare Blade, but there's still not a lot we know about that particular system to say anything definitive.

Exentryk

New tweet! TranslationGAF assemble!

じっちゃんは、普段レックスのヘルメットの中に入っていますも。だからバトル中はレックスの一番近くで、頼もしく、時にやかましく、いろんなアドバイスをしてくれますも!

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Show those 2 new images to somebody not following the game very closely and I could bet the first answer would be Pokemon.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Show those 2 new images to somebody not following the game very closely and I could bet the first answer would be Pokemon.

if the next Pokemon Switch game will look even just slightly similar, I'll buy both versions for the first time.

Has anyone seen the arts actually change for the same weapon type?
As in we always seem to have the usual 3 skills on the sword.
Im sure thats not it but itd be good to have confirmation.
. That and i wonder if there are restrictions on rare blades, or else i dunno why anyone would stick to the generic ones by the end.

Harpoon

That and i wonder if there are restrictions on rare blades, or else i dunno why anyone would stick to the generic ones by the end.

I'm fairly certain the only restriction/reason to have generic Blades instead is the rare Blades'... well... rarity. Getting at least two for every party member might be a challenge.

On another note, have some cute fan art. It's on-topic because it's based on the tweet about Dromarch being Nia's "butler!"

65131788_p3_master1200.jpg

Source

TheMoon

not gonna lie, I actually was confused for a second why someone is posting pokemon pics in a thread I'm subbed to (opened multiple tabs at the same time).

EhoaVash

Hope Gramps isn't going to make me fall asleep with his over explanation of things like he did during the last direct footage.

Netto-kun

Another new tweet.

Edit: Rough translation
Here is a view from the location "Hill of Outlook"* which is located on the right side of the Titan Gormott's back-mo.

If you stick around and wait for a bit, Gormott who usually faces the opposite direction will turn its head a little bit-mo!

Gormott is a Titan that bears resemblance to a sika deer (?) that has been spotted in Monolith Soft's** animal bestiary-mo.

*Honestly no idea how to translate the name of that location (...or Scenic Viewpoint as they call it in XCX). Localized version will most likely be completely different. :p
**Another sentence with dodgy translation. So it could be anything from refering to a deer-looking monster found in a bestiary from another Monolith Soft game to some random book in their office.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
That's actually an error on my part. Fixed that.

It's probably the angle of the screenshot. But it looks more like (judging from the lastest trailer) it has antlers rather than a single horn on its forehead.

Ah, right. You can see the other one in the top right corner.

Top Bottom