• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade 2 official Japanese twitter account and website thread

Extended/alternate version.

0upUiVt.gif

That's a great design. And also a funny animation. Love it.

kkg1701

Same here. I only wish the world and wildlife matched the zaniness of the blades. Guest artists designed the blades but the rest of what we've seen (so far) looks pretty standard for Xenoblade. So the blades really stand out.

I'm really looking forward to it. So glad they got pre-load working. Downloading a 10+ GB game on release night would have been unbearable.

I'm not worried about that either, I'm sure there will be some monsters just as zany as these blades.

I wonder if we'll see some npc-drivers with uniqe blades, would be cool imo.

Mister Wolf

Almond

I assumed Hikari was wind but now I'm thinking she is electric elemental

She's probably Light based considering her names have to do with Light. And there are Dark elemental Blades too.

If you switch around the language of the European Xenoblade site, Germany, France, Italy all have different videos.

But also, we may have found out what Blonde Pyra/Hikari's localized name is.......Mithra.

You here Rex say it at 00:39. Here https://youtu.be/vmSgxSmjPxk?t=39

Mister Wolf

She's probably Light based considering her names have to do with Light. And there are Dark elemental Blades too.

If you switch around the language of the European Xenoblade site, Germany, France, Italy all have different videos.

But also, we may have found out what Blonde Pyra/Hikari's localized name is.......Mithra.

You here Rex say it at 00:39. Here https://youtu.be/vmSgxSmjPxk?t=39

I can dig Mithra. When it releases are you gonna replace KOS-MOS or is she still #1.

Almond

I can dig Mithra. When it releases are you gonna replace KOS-MOS or is she still #1.

She stays, of course. She can't be topped that easily.

Update 10/30/17

https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/924907070456864768

Even with the same kind of weapon, the driver art that can be activated by the driver to handle will change.
For example, even if you use the same Raiko hammer. It means that you can draw out different strengths depending on the users!

So you get different skills with each Blade depending on who summons them. So if Nia summons Raiko, the attacks she'll be able to use will be different than if Rex summons her. That'll make things a little more interesting.

Mister Wolf

She stays, of course. She can't be topped that easily.

Update 10/30/17

https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/924907070456864768

So you get different skills with each Blade depending on who summons them. So if Nia summons Raiko, the attacks she'll be able to use will be different than if Rex summons her. That'll make things a little more interesting.

That's really cool and adds a new wrinkle to think about. I'm glad they went this route instead of changeable weapons and equipment unique to each character like Xenoblade and X. Having guest artists design costumes and weapons pales in comparison to what we are getting with the blades. That art book for the special edition is going to be great

Zenaku

One of the best things about all the blades is that Monolith Softs modelling team are getting a ton of experience translating so many different styles from 2d to 3d. It'll only pay off in the future.

My most hyped game for the year. Although it seems to be lacking the ambition of X. I can't wait to sink time into this vast, rich world, exploring everything.

I'm also glad that NoE localized the game, as I'm convinced that Treehouse would have censored Pyra's design for sure.

Since my favorite part of Xeno-games are the philosophical, 'larger than life'- themes, I'm a bit scared how the coming of age-story of Rex' fits with that. If at all.

magikarp7

Guessing we are not getting a strategy guide for this. Its a shame considering the scale of these games and that the first one didnt get one either.

Andyliini

While watching some previews, I suddenly noticed this game is coming out in a week. I have the special edition preodered and ready to go, and I probably will sink 100+ hours on this one, like I did for the previous games as well.

Hopefully it reviews well, and has good worth of mouth, so Xenoblade can become a bit more widely known, than it previously is. And especially if this game does well, hopefully they port the first game and X to Switch. I would double dip in an instant.

RPGCrazied

I wonder what the tech specs will be. 720p handheld with a dynamic 900p/1080p docked?

Seriously doubt this game can run native 1080p docked, when even Mario couldn't do that.

Andyliini

NoE posted a small snippet from Mr. Mitsuda here, talking about the games music. It even includes a music video sampler.

Also, a new trailer was also just released. Like the last one, this one's in japanese as well. I don't really like Rex's Japan voice. He sounds too old.

Nekster

I've spent the last hour researching blade designers and also their seiyuus. Oh god, i can't wait to play this game. Dec 1st can't come soon enough.

Ok, that new trailer is fantastic as well as interesting.

Seems like memories and the risk of losing them will be one of the primary dangers for blades. "When they return to their core, they lose their memories". Considering that losing one's memories pretty much equals dying, that should add quite some drama.

One character also says something in the vein of 'you cannot change the world like that!'. Makes me wonder if that relates to a bigger, overarching mission. Up till now, helping Pyea reach Elysium was the only task.

Ah, I can't wait. And pleeeease, Nintendo, have an anime series produced! The stuff seen in this trailer is already better than most random fantasy anime you get each season on Japanese tv. Would help strengthen the Xenoblade franchise, too :eek:

Top Bottom