• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2: CHiCO (ACE) is involved with the creation of the ending theme

MomoQca

I felt this piece of news was worth creating a thread for.

It appears that Yasunori Mitsuda has some sort of role as well, but it's not clear what that is.

光田さんスタジオにて、
ミックス最高でした!
秋田さん、光田さんありがとうございました!!
これは光田さんスタジオにあったヨーダ

C_XdD7qUQAAknUn.jpg

Translation:
At Mitsuda-san's studio...
It was the best mix!
Mr. Akita and Mr. Mitsuda--thank you!!
This is Yoda that was in the studio.

朝激しめ曲デモ提出、次ED曲打ち合わせとキー合わせ、レコーディングのミュージシャンすり合わせしながら山梨スタジオにへむかう車、酔いそう、、

Translated by Waji:
"This morning we presented an intense demo, then we made the keys match and arranged the ending theme, and we went to Yamanashi Studio while checking and deciding about the musicians for the recording in the car."

http://gonintendo.com/stories/279906-chico-of-ace-is-working-on-xenoblade-chronicles-2

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
I really hope this game's structure is conducive to good storytelling. It'll have Mitsuda, though, so I'll be happy with the score if nothing else. :p

I really hope this game's structure is conducive to good storytelling. It'll have Mitsuda, though, so I'll be happy with the score if nothing else. :p

Takahashi did receive the Criticism he was looking for in Xenoblade X and responded with what direction he would like to go in which is promising to those who enjoyed the first game's progression. I recall that he was somewhat disappointed when the original Xenoblade seldom received criticism.

As a result, I think the structure this time will probably be more similar to the first game, a wide Linear progression that retains world elements like affinities and NPC schedules and relationships.

My curiosity this time is how the battle system will play out. In every shot of gameplay in the intro trailer, there was no indication of a party which has me curious because even the trailers for Xenoblade X and Monado: Beginning of the World had indications of a party based set up.

The Hermit

Ive never seen a OST this hyped up since david wise on donkey kong tropical freeze

and even with all the hype, it still delivered

I hope ACE realize they have to beat Xenoblade, because if their bar is Xenoblade X...

Also, I just realized this will totally be at E3.

There does seem to be very little chance it it doesn't show up, and we should be able to expect to hear some brand new music, however they showcase the game.

This is Yoda that was in the studio.
For some reason I really enjoyed this. "I'm here at this studio for a top secret reason; here's Yoda."

Fraxin

Ive never seen a OST this hyped up since david wise on donkey kong tropical freeze

I did.

Nier Automata.

And if the game is going to be released this year, it is going to have a hell of a competition with Nier:A and P5, in terms of soundtracks.

I did.

Nier Automata.

And if the game is going to be released this year, it is going to have a hell of a competition with Nier:A and P5, in terms of soundtracks.

I do think it'll match up to those other games. The songs from Anuna did end up causing Mitsuda to Tear up and the last time we heard about something like that was Chrono Trigger's ending theme. So certainly there must be something special to be had with this soundtrack (probably at least the 4 pieces by Anuna).

ACE+ and Manami Kiyota also are no slouches to the atmospheric pieces while giving the energy that just make you want to kick ass.

As a Team, I do think they can match up to Keichi Okabe and Shoji Meguro's Wonderful work.

Fraxin

I do think it'll match up to those other games. The songs from Anuna did end up causing Mitsuda to Tear up and the last time we heard about something like that was Chrono Trigger's ending theme. So certainly there must be something special to be had with this soundtrack (probably at least the 4 pieces by Anuna).

ACE+ and Manami Kiyota also are no slouches to the atmospheric pieces while giving the energy that just make you want to kick ass.

As a Team, I do think they can match up to Keichi Okabe and Shoji Meguro's Wonderful work.

Last console game I heard Mitsuda scoring for was Xenosaga. And what a mediocre score that was.
Didn't hear his score for the last valkarya game, so maybe he is doing great.

Funny he teared up for Trigger when Cross had the better soundtrack in the end.

And how many tracks did we hear for the game? I only heard one.

Too early to judge. We need to hear more.

TheMoon

and even with all the hype, it still delivered

I hope ACE realize they have to beat Xenoblade, because if their bar is Xenoblade X...

why would their bar be a game they haven't worked on over a game that they have?

Yazuka

In my opinion it doesn't need to beat Xenoblades soundtrack, but be just as good.

Really looking forward to see more of this game and hear some of the music, I do hope it can keep it's 2017 release.

Last console game I heard Mitsuda scoring for was Xenosaga. And what a mediocre score that was.
whaaaaat

Omega

Gnosis

Just to name a few.

Other than Halo and SOTC, no other soundtrack that generation had such ambitious and awe-inspiring composition. The score itself wasn't utilized as well in-game as it could've been, but that's not a knock on Mitsuda.

Fraxin

whaaaaat

Omega

Gnosis

Just to name a few.

Other than Halo and SOTC, no other soundtrack that generation had such ambitious and awe-inspiring composition. The score itself wasn't utilized as well in-game as it could've been, but that's not a knock on Mitsuda.

Xenosaga 3 had the better ost, way much better.
And I don't know what ambition you're talking about in xenosaga's ost when several Atlus games osts knocks Xenosaga ost out of the park that gen.

Not saying Mitsuda isn't a good composer.CC is one of the best osts in gaming history. And it's actually my favourite ost. But there's no denying that xenosaga's was disappointing.

skypunch

Banned
Xenosaga 3 had the better ost, way much better.
And I don't know what ambition you're talking about in xenosaga's ost when several Atlus games osts knocks Xenosaga ost out of the park that gen.

Not saying Mitsuda isn't a good composer.CC is one of the best osts in gaming history. And it's actually my favourite ost. But there's no denying that xenosaga's was disappointing.

You're off your rocker. The Xenosaga 3 OST is way too sugary and melodramatic. If that's the kind of sound you like though, more power to you. Kajuira still failed to succeed Mitsuda as the series' successor either way.

MomoQca

More tweets related to the ending theme?

今日は若いアーティストレッスンでした。が、みな素晴らしく未来がキラキラして見えた!必ずDREAM COME TRUEしたい。

Google translation:
Today was a young artist lesson. But, everyone was wonderful and the future seemed glittering! I definitely want to make DREAM COME TRUE.

https://twitter.com/CHiCOACE/status/862610689650708480

そして、今エレキギターのレコーディング中、これからバイオリンのレコーディング!楽しみです。

Google translation:
And now while recording an electric guitar, recording a violin from now on! I'm looking forward to it.

https://twitter.com/CHiCOACE/status/862610691122843648

MomoQca

It is finally revealed that Jen is singing the ending theme. It is composed by Yasunori Mitsuda and will contain English lyrics. The song will convey the meaning of character relationships. That's my take from what I could understand from Google Translate...someone who is far more knowledgable with the Japanese language should correct me if wrong.

Unfortunately, it's quite difficult to find out more about this singer since we were only given the singer's first name. Maybe someone here knows about her? It would be nice to listen to her previous works.

DFUJ1o-VYAAMud-.jpg
DFUJ46MUwAEQjpp.jpg
DFUJ8zAVwAAvIYO.jpg
DFUJ-9AUwAA7uS4.jpg

本日も #ゼノブレイド2 のレコーディングスタート!ボーカリストにジェンさんをお迎えして #光田康典 のエンディング曲を録ります!まずは誰のどういう気持ちを歌った詩なのかやキャラクターの関係などを細かく伝えて感情の共有から!感情優先というオファー!準備運動もバッチリ!(mau)

https://twitter.com/PROCYONSTUDIO/status/888627563379081217

DFUXmr9VYAIeIIZ.jpg
DFUZEcIU0AQUjEx.jpg
DFUZNIGVYAAxDVy.jpg
DFUZT2YUQAArNAK.jpg

素晴らしいジェンさんのボーカルで光田さんを始めスタジオの中の全員がずっと感嘆の声をあげております!!とてもエモーショナルでソウルフルで英語のわからない私も歌声で胸をグッと鷲掴みされている気分です。果たして誰の歌なのか、楽しみにしていて下さいね!(mau)

https://twitter.com/PROCYONSTUDIO/status/888645346003263488

DFU1MWRUQAAZL1B.jpg
DFU1OQJVYAABkac.jpg
DFU1P7UV0AAj6vz.jpg

#ゼノブレイド2 の本日のジェンさんレコーディング終了しました!あるキャラクターとジェンさんが一体化し、本当に素晴らしい曲になったので早く聴いて頂きたいです!!声もお顔も美しいジェンさんと #光田康典 と #マリアム・アボンナサー とエンジニアさんでハッピーな一枚!(mau)

https://twitter.com/PROCYONSTUDIO/status/888675896734896128

Top Bottom