• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - How to raise Affinity and purchasing skills for Blades?

My current bond color during battle is light blue with my blade, how can I raise it to the gold color? Is this even possible?

Second, I purchase skills for my characters using something called points. I see no option to purchase skills for my blades? They are unlocked but I can't purchase them.

Shifty

Well first you need to junction your GFs, then your max-level weapons will start trickling excess XP into the focus pool and causing new paths to open up on the sphere grid.
Do that enough, and it'll unlock a job extension for the character in question and reopen their progression path.

That is of course assuming that you've built a triple triad deck and optimized for the gambit system, otherwise you might as well not bother since the odds of naturally getting 3 BAR symbols on the slot machine when you HIT THE LEVER in order to trigger a back-attack eidolon summon is astronomically low.

Make sense?

sgs2008

Well first you need to junction your GFs, then your max-level weapons will start trickling excess XP into the focus pool and causing new paths to open up on the sphere grid.
Do that enough, and it'll unlock a job extension for the character in question and reopen their progression path.

That is of course assuming that you've built a triple triad deck and optimized for the gambit system, otherwise you might as well not bother since the odds of naturally getting 3 BAR symbols on the slot machine when you HIT THE LEVER in order to trigger a back-attack eidolon summon is astronomically low.

Make sense?

Beautiful simply beautiful

Z3M0G

This game is out?

I have ONE question... are the progression systems an over-bearing convoluted mess like XCX?

It's sounding like the answer is very likely "yes"

Mathrin

Make sense?

This is a thing of beauty.

Nester99

Make sense?

+1

The Hermit

Make sense?

Noice

Thank you, please try to stay on topic. If anyone has guide on how to increase the trust, which is separate from affinity, pls kindly share. thx

Big0Bear

During a fight timing your arts with your characters auto attack raises affinity. If you do an art after a hit there will be a small blue circle which will cause the blades beam to change color.

Hope this helps

Ah!!! That's what the blue circle is for! Many thanks!

Does anyone know if there will be like a maxed out affinity or trust thing?

Top Bottom