• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (Switch) is on the NA Press Site, PR and HQ screens in OP 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
mtXEzlY.png
YsWXyNA.png

19haOT1.png
FLN7VPo.png

5maai4g.png
GgNv4tm.png

rfQG9fN.png
OikJmp0.png

ZwLeAlZ.png
ZAfnmZR.png

Thanks TheGreatDirector!

A NEW JOURNEY TO FIND ELYSIUM BEGINS NOW…
In the latest entry of the Xenoblade Chronicles series, a new hero will seek
out Elysium on an immense journey through a brand-new world.
FEATURES:
• Executive Director: Tetsuya Takahashi (Monolith Software Inc., Executive
Director from Xenoblade Chronicles and Xenoblade Chronicles X)
• Character design: Masatsugu Saito
• Music:
• Yasunori Mitsuda
• ACE (Tomori Kudo, CHiCO)
• Kenji Hiramatsu
• Manami Kiyota

Platform: Nintendo Switch
Launch Date: 2017
Genre: Role-Playing Game
Rating: Rating Pending -Visit esrb.org for rating information.
Players: 1
Developer: Monolith Software Inc.
Suggested Retail Price: TBD
URL: TBD

BMP Screens and PR PDF file:

https://www.mediafire.com/?mvblqymex70p2m6

I was getting a tad worried when XBC2 was a no-show on the NA site. Luckily it seemingly is west-bound.

rhandino

Banned
Early 2018 for sure.

Unless they started working on this ASAP after XenoX and localization was done at the same time

rjinaz

We got two confirmations now of 2017. Seems like that is what they are aiming for and with Xenoblade games in the past, it's always been TBD.

I have hope this hits atthe Holiday or worst case Summer 2018.

mrmickfran

There's no way it releases 2017

They finished XCX not even 2 years ago.

Even if it uses the same engine, that's such a short timeframe for a huge game.

Tyaren

The screens are just low quality 720p screencaps of the trailer. :/

I have to say at first I was all hyped, what amazing news... After watching the trailer another time and another time and another time in slow motion...it doesn't look too hot anymore. The anime style is something of an acquired taste (even for an anime fan like myself) and the rest looked a bit bland and uninspired and like they were hell-bent on designing a world similar to that of Xenoblade Chronicles.

random25

To be fair, Xenoblade X did take quite a while because a lot of things are going on around it (first HD game from Monolithsoft, a lot of voice acting, a lot of mechanics needing more QA time, online integration, etc.)

It has been almost 2 years since their last big project came out. And the fact that they already showed a story trailer this early is pretty convincing that they have already progressed significantly.

Zenaku

The colour scheme on the red girl makes me wonder if the Monado of this game has a will of its own, and can take human form. Either way, love how the green crystal on her chest is shaped like a Zohar.

NotLiquid

Super surprised it's so far in development already. Yeah I really am not expecting this game to make 2017.

... but if it does make it and Switch manages to sit with Mario, Splatoon 2, Zelda, Xenoblade 2 and Fire Emblem Warriors in the console's first year then holy shit.

Some Nobody

Soraya Saga seems pretty confident this game is 2017. Let's wait til tomorrow to see if this is at Treehouse. If so, well...I dunno, fam. That's pretty close to done.

Nintendo might get that $300 out of me yet. :p

spekkeh

Banned
That cartoony style does its art so much better than XCX.. looks fantastic.

Not buying the 2017 one bit, especially because they supposedly also worked on Zelda in the meantime. Though I can imagine a lot of the engines and art are shared now between the projects. A lot of Zelda in the new trailer looked decidedly XCX too.

Xbro

Zelda was revealed in 2014 but stated for 2015

I recall them saying 2014 in January 2013

Not buying the 2017 one bit, especially because they supposedly also worked on Zelda in the meantime. Though I can imagine a lot of the engines and art are shared now between the projects. A lot of Zelda in the new trailer looked decidedly XCX too.

Not the same studio helps with Zelda.

It absolutely would not make 2017. At least not in NA/EU regions.

And going to whine about the character designs again... WHYYYYY?

NotLiquid

Well, they do have two studios. It's possible that their work on Breath of the Wild wasn't the main one working on this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom