• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (Switch) is on the NA Press Site, PR and HQ screens in OP 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

skypunch

Banned
Is there anyone on this forum who might be able to dig up some details on whether this game is in the hands of NoE or not?

Since this game has a stronger connection to Xenoblade, it wouldn't feel right with American VA. The British voice work of Xenoblade is a big part of that game's identity and why people love it. I hope Nintendo understand this.

casiopao

Deus was so shitty and the worst part of the game that I didn't even finish it. Load times were obnoxious. I still love the game for having played 99% of it. Maybe i'll see the ending FMV one day. If I had to bet, it sounds like everyone got naked at the end? lol.

I mean, this was your party in gears.

83708ea21395378fa2186d6ece614129.jpg

FMV sequences were probably skeevy, if that. And there weren't many of them. Elly/Miang never felt like fanservice since their stories are fleshed out over 60 hours until you get to that kind of stuff, and there's backstory in stuff like Zeboim that flesh out Fei and Elly's relationship to be pretty strong. And I'm sure you'll agree that Xenogears was better in this regard compared to the other games. I could be totally wrong though and be looking at Xenogears through a favourable lens.

EDIT: The image left out Chu-Chu, but whatever.

Umm. Both Xenoblade Chronicle and X mostly had perfectly normal character wearing normal clothing though?

Characters_X_edited_1.png

Characters.png

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
We've come so far from barely getting Xenoblade Chronicles in the West to now having 3 games in the series, all with Western releases.

I'll be shocked if this makes 2017. Also I never played the first. I'm assuming Nintendo will release it before this comes out on switch. Main character design is definitely questionable from s clothing standpoint.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Is there anyone on this forum who might be able to dig up some details on whether this game is in the hands of NoE or not?

Since this game has a stronger connection to Xenoblade, it wouldn't feel right with American VA. The British voice work of Xenoblade is a big part of that game's identity and why people love it. I hope Nintendo understand this.

I hope they do the exact opposite of what you want and put in really bad sounding American voice actors just so you can be annoyed just like these constant identical posts are annoying me :p

random25

Y'all even got a character, stage, and assist trophy in Smash Bros.

rIWfCJg.jpg

And a stage boss too, though only a few seem to love them. :p

Riki is amazing. I hope this time we have a nopon in the party that actually does something, unlike Tatsu (although I don't hate him as much as the rest of GAF).

There's a high chance non-human proportioned characters will be playable once again. It's a sequel to the first one after all.

If I see one more skypunch whine post, I'm actually going to wish Sawano comes back. I'm hurting myself now.

Bring back his privilege to post new topics while you're at it.

MomoQca

Riki is amazing. I hope this time we have a nopon in the party that actually does something, unlike Tatsu (although I don't hate him as much as the rest of GAF).

Mets/Metsu was one of the names shown in the script scene from the trailer. The name sounds very Nopon-ish.

FLN7VPo.png

I'm expecting this to be a huge segmented overworlds a la Xenoblade than one huge seamless world of X. Sky seems to play a large part of it. So maybe you're traveling on the flying town trying to get on the whale who's circling the giant tree somehow.
🤔 Sky, whales and segmented you say
sky_world_map_by_s_mcmurchy.jpg

skypunch

Banned
8-4 confirmed to not be working on Xenoblade 2, via johntv.

This lends more credence to NoE handling the localisation of the game. Come on, NoE!

If I see one more skypunch whine post, I'm actually going to wish Sawano comes back. I'm hurting myself now.

Sorry, it's just British VA is really important for me. I will be at ease once it is confirmed.

MomoQca

YouTube views

~24 hours after reveal:
Japan: 93,633
North America: 666,959

~60 hours:
Japan: 174,091
North America: 965,314

~72 hours
Japan: 185,475
North America: 1,027,341 (I recall the view count being around ~920k at ~48 hours)

YouTube views

~24 hours after reveal:
Japan: 93,633
North America: 666,959

~60 hours:
Japan: 174,091
North America: 965,314

~72 hours
Japan: 185,475
North America: 1,027,341 (I recall the view count being around ~920k at around 48k)

For reference the original trailer for XCX is at 1.1 million.

rjinaz

I missed the ones on wii-u, do you need to play those to understand the story in this one?

There was one on wii and one on wii U. We don't know what this game is exactly yet, but if could have some link to the wii game, but not the wii u game.

This game looks so different from even the little we know, that I feel pretty confident in answering, no, you don't. This seems to have it's own story and characters. If there is a tie it's a distant one.

So Reggie brought up Xenoblade 2 during his interview. I'm starting to really feel like this game is coming this year and they just showed a tease. Nobody really knows how many teams are working on games at Monolith. They could've started this two or two and a half years ago.

brad-t

So Reggie brought up Xenoblade 2 during his interview. I'm starting to really feel like this game is coming this year and they just showed a tease. Nobody really knows how many teams are working on games at Monolith. They could've started this two or two and a half years ago.

It's possible (aka I am just totally speculating) that Chronicles X' engine and assets were fully intended to lay the groundwork for Xenoblade 2 and that it was already in concept phase before X even wrapped. I think it would be crazy of them to not release it in 2017 after revealing it here, but of course, it's happened before.

So we've got anime aesthetic, bath scenes, sword waifus and "I love this world because you're in it".

I love Xeno 1 and X might just be one of my favorite games of all time, but I have a bad feeling about this.

So we've got anime aesthetic, bath scenes, sword waifus and "I love this world because you're in it".

I love Xeno 1 and X might just be one of my favorite games of all time, but I have a bad feeling about this.

Don't you ever tell someone "you love this world because you're in it"? 😎

Xelinis

Which interview are you referring to?

_woLf

loooooove the art style. XCX was an artistic abomination in the character design department.

This is totally not shipping in 2017 though.

random25

I just realized, the bath scene was on the script shown on the video, right? Maybe that was intentional to entice the Japanese players. You know how much they love their bath scenes. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Red Devil

Meh both games before it had a lot of tropes and archetypes you had seen a quadrillion times in anime and whatnot.

psyfi

Banned
Off topic, but how is Xenoblade for 3DS? I'd like to give it a try.

Edit : Aw man, it's $45 minimum on Amazon.

random25

Off topic, but how is Xenoblade for 3DS? I'd like to give it a try.

It's a pretty good port. Getting used to controls might need a bit of time coming from the Wii version, but overall it performs on par with the Wii version and having it on the go makes it more accessible.

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
I'm beginning to believe that this game is actually coming out this year for the Switch, at the very least in Japan. Maybe that's a vain hope, but I figure Monolith has streamlined their development practices considerably. If this runs on the same engine as XCX, then it's not hard to believe it could make it to market this year. If this got confirmed, I'd be considerably more hyped for this first year of Switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom