• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Tetsuya Takahashi interviews with TIME

It's not especially.
It "feels" that way because now you have to chose between moving and auto attacking. There's more strategy in positioning and timing of attacks.
Then, you need to charge arts with auto attacks whichare not available at the beginning of battle, also making it look like slower.
Not to mention they almost only play with Rex which is equiped with 3 slow weapons.
Watch Nia, she's much faster.

The last points can change depending on your skills/arts (most likely), character, weapon and so on.

I'm sure it will feel good when actually playing it. Can't wait.

Waji

I'm talking about the Japanese release, obviously. Once the game is out, you could see spoilers everywhere. My point is, don't worry about the size o variety of XC2 just because we only saw one Titan (opening area), like the guy I was responding to. We'll get an "exploration trailer" soon enough if the game is releasing this winter.
But that's also what I'm talking about.
XenobladeX did show too much, even months prior to (Japanese) release.

Both Xenoblade 1 and X had augments that increased your attack speed (well, the attack cooldown speed), and Xenoblade 1 had augments that increased how fast you moved.
I know, that's why I said it would certainly have some ways to speed things up.

I'm sure it will feel good when actually playing it. Can't wait.
Me neither...
It has been 7 years without a proper RPG (for me). No need to say it's an event.

ika

But that's also what I'm talking about.
XenobladeX did show too much, even months prior to (Japanese) release.

Ant that's exactly what I said on my original post...

MonolithSoft didn't show us all the different locations on Mira until a specific trailer near release. Until then, we only got mostly Primordia footage.

The first years of demos @ Nintendo Directs were just Primordia footage until the first story trailer that also were mainly Primordia and some cinematic sequences (yeah, we saw some Oblivia). Not until very near release we got out Exploration Trailer with all the continents and its variety of locations.

Poster I quoted was worried about the size of the game and variety just because we only saw one Titan, and I'm just saying wait until we get the probable exploration trailer because you can't judge XC just by Colony 9 footage or XCX seeing Primordia. Nintendo just showed that: the probable first area of the game.

TheMoon

The first years of demos @ Nintendo Directs were just Primordia footage until the first story trailer that also were mainly Primordia and some cinematic sequences (yeah, we saw some Oblivia). Not until very near release we got out Exploration Trailer with all the continents and its variety of locations.

Poster I quoted was worried about the size of the game and variety just because we only saw one Titan, and I'm just saying wait until we get the probable exploration trailer because you can't judge XC just by Colony 9 footage or XCX seeing Primordia. Nintendo just showed that: the probable first area of the game.

I love how we go through this with every single Nintendo game. Every single one. People will never learn that this is how they roll things out in trailers. Every single time.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I love how we go through this with every single Nintendo game. Every single one. People will never learn that this is how they roll things out in trailers. Every single time.

I agree
I am pretty confident that Xeno2 will be a compelling Xeno experience even with its unique approach to the "same" type of game
As xenox was compared to Xeno
The world especially with these titans promises a lot of good landscapes and exploration

Malyse

Pámpano;243002535 said:
I hope, if we get anything regarding Xeno X on Switch, it's a sequel and not a port
They should release Xenoblade X for Switch via VC or Deluxe and make Xenoblade X2. The Wii U sold for shit and people should get a chance to play one of its best games.

Best case scenario is that Nintendo makes the Switch its last console* and ports fucking everything to it. Like literally every NES, SNES, Game Boy, N64, Game Boy Color, GameCube, Game Boy Advance, Wii, DS, Wii U, 3DS game on one console. Save a few adjustments for 3DS and Wii U games, the system is perfect for every game Nintendo has previously made.

*sort of like how every version of the iPhone is just called iPhone, but the latest version it still currently is compatible with every app ever made for it

TheMoon

They should release Xenoblade X for Switch via VC or Deluxe and make Xenoblade X2. The Wii U sold for shit and people should get a chance to play one of its best games.

Best case scenario is that Nintendo makes the Switch its last console* and ports fucking everything to it. Like literally every NES, SNES, Game Boy, N64, Game Boy Color, GameCube, Game Boy Advance, Wii, DS, Wii U, 3DS game on one console. Save a few adjustments for 3DS and Wii U games, the system is perfect for every game Nintendo has previously made.

*sort of like how every version of the iPhone is just called iPhone, but the latest version it still currently is compatible with every app ever made for it

The Wii U was perfect for what you're proposing, the Switch requires a lot of reworking to make dual screen games work so VC is out of the question for those, ignoring the fact that emulation for Wii U games is out of the question anyway.

Malyse

The Wii U was perfect for what you're proposing, the Switch requires a lot of reworking to make dual screen games work so VC is out of the question for those, ignoring the fact that emulation for Wii U games is out of the question anyway.

There actually aren't a lot of games that make even okay use of the second screen. Seriously, what Wii U game have second screen functionality that was critical to the game? Most of it could be relegated to a pause menu.

You'll be looking at this characters for 50+ hours on a game like this, of course people care about their designs.

I had to stare at shulk for over 100 hours and that abomination Lin for the same amount of time thus far. I can handle this guy a whole lot more than what we've gotten previously.

I want this game so bad. But I'm still a little worried about the battle speed tho, it feels a little slower than the first Xenoblade, I don't know, I can't tell exactly what it is but it felt odd when watching the gameplay from E3.

That's because it is slower. But if what they showed off at E3 was actual progression, the ramp up in complexity is likely far, far faster than every game before it which probably makes up for it. Blade Customization has huge potential for varied parties and experimentation.

I delve into the systems here and what sort of impact they may have on the feel and why they may have made the changes that they did.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1396044&highlight=

Nintendo doesn't have many mature looking games. They are all cartoonish. XCX being the exception.

And thanks for reminding us of DKC. That's further proof of Nintendo moving studios from mature to kid looking games.

Let's hope Monolith has a better fate than Retro.

More XCX. Less XC.

Peace ✌

Imagining needing video games to validate your thinking that you're "mature".

This posts reads like something outta 2002.

Waji

Ant that's exactly what I said on my original post...

I'm very sorry, I don't know how I read your post but my eyes or brain deceived me well.

ika

I'm very sorry, I don't know how I read your post but my eyes or brain deceived me well.
Don't worry, pal! English is not my first language so I probably didn't explain myself very well ;)

You'll be looking at this characters for 50+ hours on a game like this, of course people care about their designs.
In fact, we'll be looking at their back/asses for 100+ hours as you run, explore, battle and speak to NPCs. Comparatively, the amount of time/sequences where you see the faces is tiny.

Top Bottom