• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 |OT| To Guide The Dead is My Lot

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I finally got Full Metal Jaguar and I LOVE this class! This game definitely my personal GOTY.

Danjin44

I'm still in Chapter 3 I absolutely LOVE the casts in Xenoblade 3, especially Eunie and Lanz.

I'm also big fan of casts in Xenoblade 2 but I like how XC3's casts so different than them because how they used to live only for war.

Last edited:
Xenoblade Chronicles 3

56:42 Hours
Level 61
Chapter 7

So far

wJi6L8x.gif

Meanwhile I am over here, 103:17 Hours in Chapter 5.

Can all Hero unit limit break to lvl 20? I just did got to chapater 5 and did Zeon quest and unlock his job to lvl 20. This would mean it is impossible to unlock Ethel class to lvl 20 as she is dead or are we goign to get soem kidn of mini-Ethel

Last edited:

jorgejjvr

so in this game you cant change weapons and armor?

only ch2 still, but combat still isnt it.

but i guess im still missing chain attacks, heroes, and interlink, lets see once I get all those mechanics

I like the idea to change characters mid fight but my brain cant keep up on who is who, all their arts etc, plus the AI is already so good at setting up combos, that I tend to stick to 1 person still. Right now I am still simply chaining auto attacks into arts, into fusion, feeling kinda repetitive without much depth (for now)

Last edited:

Jsisto

so in this game you cant change weapons and armor?

only ch2 still, but combat still isnt it.

but i guess im still missing chain attacks, heroes, and interlink, lets see once I get all those mechanics

I like the idea to change characters mid fight but my brain cant keep up on who is who, all their arts etc, plus the AI is already so good at setting up combos, that I tend to stick to 1 person still. Right now I am still simply chaining auto attacks into arts, into fusion, feeling kinda repetitive without much depth (for now)
The combat is a bit of sensory overload, for sure. I tend to stick to one character as well. Thankfully, as you said, the AI is significantly better than past games. It's funny, before I played I was so excited to be able to swap mid combat, but have barely used it. Really hard to keep track of 6 characters!

Danjin44

The combat is a bit of sensory overload, for sure. I tend to stick to one character as well. Thankfully, as you said, the AI is significantly better than past games. It's funny, before I played I was so excited to be able to swap mid combat, but have barely used it. Really hard to keep track of 6 characters!
I’m actually consistently Switch between characters, I especially switch to my healers to heal and give buffs to my tanks.

At first it was little confusing switching between characters in mid battle but I got used to it and just had become second nature.

jorgejjvr

yeah, thought it was going to be super exciting, but I dont use it. I thought I was going to be doing some next level Neo, big brain moves with all characters lol but nah, not only is it too many characters, but they have moves from 2 different classes.....and when I want a daze or smash, my team just does it, and when someone dies, they go straight to revive, they are much better than me lol

I think I just need to get to Ch 3 and have the mechanics open up, cause doing auto attacks, and basic arts is getting old lol

Been stopping to fight monsters and all, but going to have to push through the story for now

jorgejjvr

I’m actually consistently Switch between characters, I especially switch to my healers to heal and give buffs to my tanks.

At first it was little confusing switching between characters in mid battle but I got used to it and just had become second nature.
the AI does a pretty good job at that as well, the other games needed this more than this one lol, how many times did I wish sharla would heal me at the right time lol

Danjin44

the AI does a pretty good job at that as well, the other games needed this more than this one lol, how many times did I wish sharla would heal me at the right time lol
AI it much better this time around but against tough bosses they are not all that reliable, I need control my healers against some tough bosses and switch between characters makes the combat fun.

jorgejjvr

AI it much better this time around but against tough bosses they are not all that reliable, I need control my healers against some tough bosses and switch between characters makes the combat fun.
yeah, maybe, we will see. I also need to open up a bunch more mechanics

NanaMiku

On with chapter 3. This game needs a level down feature 4 sho
Probably they saving it for new game plus, like Xenoblade 2

I mean more at the end where he had to accept other people's decisions and not throw a tantrum like a child. You see it how he carries himself afterward. He becomes stoic which is a quality of men not boys.
This. Xenoblade 2 characters are great. People usually write it off because they decided to hate the cast because of the design lol
This analysis is great

He have another Xenoblade 2 videos, haven't watched it yet

Mister Wolf

Probably they saving it for new game plus, like Xenoblade 2

This. Xenoblade 2 characters are great. People usually write it off because they decided to hate the cast because of the design lol
This analysis is great

He have another Xenoblade 2 videos, haven't watched it yet

At this point I'm not trying to convince anyone to like XB2. They don't like it, so be it. One monkey don't stop a show.

Doing a funny quest where one guy said something that hurt another guys feelings and the background music stopped for the close up on his face lol

The music doesn't resume until you press A for the text to progress

Last edited:

KàIRóS

Riku & Manana just rip through everything with their grenade attack I love their class, the whole idea of having fields dealing damage over time is a nice addition to gameplay and also reminds me of Riki's bleed in OG XC

I also like Alexandria's class, it's basically Dunban's critical hits playstyle minus the high evasion rate.

Does anyone know if there's a Jack of all trades class kinda like Shulk's?

Xeaker

Pretty boring so far. Story not interesting, characters bland, tutorials all the time, like I know how to buy items thank you game.
I played Xenoblade 1 before this and it was so much better than this game. Day and Night difference.
Will play a little more but if it doesn't get better I will sell it again. The waiting for a good JRPG continues.

Andyliini

I was surprised how I could beat most of unique monsters on my first try, but I finally found one. I forgot it's name, but it's the big camel-like foe in the desert. I got my ass handed to me pretty easily, I only lasted halfway through his healthbar. I'll just have to come back later when I'm stronger.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
I was surprised how I could beat most of unique monsters on my first try, but I finally found one. I forgot it's name, but it's the big camel-like foe in the desert. I got my ass handed to me pretty easily, I only lasted halfway through his healthbar. I'll just have to come back later when I'm stronger.

Exact same situation for me, had to come back later...

Ok so just entered chapter 6 (what a ride) but feel I can make some calls on what feel the game should have done better... there's one big one though, heroes.

You do their little story segment and that's it, I understand they wanted a class swap mechanic and they are essentially there to tie into that, but it sucks... i would have preferred less heroes but they take part in the plot, I understand how much work that would be but Skies of Arcadia managed this with the 3 choices for the 4th companion...

Like I understand at really important parts like the end of chapter 5 to chapter 6 they have a reason your not bringing them along, but for major story beats I have some hot heads who had alot to say in their segments just stood there blankly... not even a cutting one liner they just stand there.

People love their choices being acknowledged by the game... SOME ONE AKNOWLEDGE THE FACT CAPTAIN TRITON IS STOOD THERE DURING YOUR STUPID 10 MINUTE MONOLOGUE! WHY IS NO ONE SUPRISED BY THIS!? it's because he's not really supposed to matter outside his little box, he's there to tick a box so you can learn the blue Mage style class and I hate that these characters are reduced to that once their bit is done.

I had the same feeling with the blades in 2

Last edited:

Lasha

I'm unclear on master arts. I rank a class to 10. The class page shows a crown next to the master art. I switch back to another class but the unlocked master art is not there. What am I missing?

Mister Wolf

I'm unclear on master arts. I rank a class to 10. The class page shows a crown next to the master art. I switch back to another class but the unlocked master art is not there. What am I missing?

If you're using a Keves class you can only equip Agnus master arts and vice versa.

jorgejjvr

Okay, got chain attacks, its all starting to click and feel really god

but it is going to be VERY hard to beat the amazing synergy that Xeno 2 had. From auto attacks,, going into arts, arts going into combos, into elemental combos (these were soooo good), to creating orbs on the enemies, to getting a lot of orbs, to then chain attack, to break he orbs, break enough orbs, and do a full burst.

it all had a great flow, and it was all connected, chain attacks in 3 seem cool still, but i dont feel it has as good as a synergy as 2 had with its system

but im very biased with that game's combat, i couldnt get enough, once I beated it, I went after all the optional hard monsters/bossess

Last edited:
Top Bottom