• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles announced for Europe (dual language voice)

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
neoanarch said:
brb installing custom firmare in my Wii.

fuck yes.

This this this.

thank-you-based-god.jpg

BocoDragon said:
Now that I'm well-satisfied by the announcement itself...

"Xenoblade Chronicles".....?

No.
I'm sure someone on The Cover Project will restore the game with its true title in English. Trust me, you're not the only one who's peculiar like that.

Sophia

ConradCervantes said:
I'm sure someone on The Cover Project will restore the game with its true title in English. Trust me, you're not the only one who's peculiar like that.

Not a big deal in the long run anyhow. Xenoblade Chronicles actually sounds kinda catchy, although I think it'd be more so if I didn't know that the original title was just Xenoblade

But seriously, think about it for a second. This game is actually getting released. In English.

Fady K

WHOA!!!!!

Man, the Wii's lineup in NA has like only ONE noteworthy game coming out ALL YEAR (Zelda!) So Nintendo of American BETTER bring this over!

Fady K

Still, this is SUCH EXCITING NEWS OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please release this here NoA ^_^

Danielsan

Fady K said:
Still, this is SUCH EXCITING NEWS OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If NoA does not release this then i'll have to buy PAL Wii!!! Which will, in a way, make Xenoblade the most expensive game I have ever bought.
Or if it doesn't come to NA just homebrew your Wii. Piece of cake.

Sophia

Fady K said:

If NoA does not release this then i'll have to buy PAL Wii!!! Which will, in a way, make Xenoblade the most expensive game I have ever bought.

Face. Meet Palm.

Palm. Meet Face.

I have a feeling you'll become great friends.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Disguises said:
Only in Europe would they show an untranslated trailer on the official site.

I have no faith in Nintendo in regards to localization.
Have you never played a Nintendo RPG?

An aside: I remember a time when another Xeno game, Xenogears, was the game that was "never coming to the west" (for religious tones, etc), and it too was a game that people had written off as ever coming out. It was long after the predictable window of release that it was finally announced. Reminds me of this.
It came out 8 months later in the US then in Japan.

Dambrosi

Banned
Fady K said:

BONEgrd.jpg

Fady K

Danielsan said:
Or if it doesn't come to NA just homebrew your Wii. Piece of cake.

Man, I have been living under a rock when it comes to Wii homebrew! I'll have a look at that thread, i'm such a noob regarding this subject though!

Marrshu said:
Face. Meet Palm.

Palm. Meet Face.

I have a feeling you'll become great friends.

I don't get it :p Is this about my homebrew ignorance :0

Dambrosi said:

You know, you're right, I may giving NoA ideas : [ Let's edit it then : ]

Foffy

Banned
All we need now is a US release date, and maybe an announcement of The Last Story.

I just knew that if Nintendo was serious about supporting Wii, Xenoblade had to be one of their 2011 titles internationally.

Durante said:
Any J-GAFer or importer know how well this runs in Dolphin?
Since I got rid of my Wii this information is pretty important to me. Well, I'm buying it regardless. Would be nice to know if I should rebuy a Wii sooner rather than later.

Paracelsus

I'm very very happy about those announcements but I still wish they'd make those PR once they were ready to announce a release window instead of just "later this year".

Fady K

Foffy said:
All we need now is a US release date, and maybe an announcement of The Last Story.

I just knew that if Nintendo was serious about supporting Wii, Xenoblade had to be one of their 2011 titles internationally.

My thoughts too - As far as I know, Zelda is the only good looking title coming to the Wii in NA this year, am I missing any other confirmed titles?? Heck, nothing special on the Wii has come out in 2011 so far!

Foffy

Banned
Fady K said:
My thoughts too - As far as I know, Zelda is the only good looking title coming to the Wii in NA this year, am I missing any other confirmed titles?? Heck, nothing special on the Wii has come out in 2011 so far!

All we even know from Nintendo for 2011 is the following:
- They released The Last Story in Japan
- They announced a new game called Pandora's Tower with no release date at a Japanese meeting
- They announced the long-rumored-to-be-cancelled Hal-developed Kirby game
- Zelda: Skyward Sword is coming out this year
- Very likely Rhythm Heaven Wii will also be out this year
- Xenoblade Chronicles has a 2011 release for Europe

They've been very silent, but that's because they usually focus on showing games at E3, only to be released a few months later like NSMB Wii and DKCR. What we can hope is Nintendo of America stops being sloppy, as they've dropped the ball more often than every other department of Nintendo when it comes to bringing over games. Sure, Europeans had to wait an absurd amount of time for Kirby's Epic Yarn, but they also ended up getting quite a lot of Nintendo games North American players never got.

thefro

Fuck yeah.

I'm sure we'll see a NA announcement soon as well.

The fact that the original VA is left in (along with the new English dub) is a great sign. That's something people have been begging Mistwalker for so I think Gooch relayed the message to Iwata.

syoaran

Fritz said:
Also is this the first time Nintendo publishes a game with dual language options?

Audio, yes I believe so.

Still amazed by their decision to do so. The fact they are doing this warms my heart.

FUCKING FINALLY!!!

I swear to god if NOA don't follow through with a US release...

For fucks sake, the English translation is already done! The Wii finally has another English game to look forward to! Name change is dumb BTW

The Last Story better be following as well...

Ushojax said:
Endless Ocean and Sin and Punishment 2 both came out in Europe first but both came to America. This will too, it's already on the release list. Nintendo aren't going to spend that kind of dough on voiceovers and text translation only to release it in Europe. That only happened once with Disaster, and that was because of the hurricanes in the US more than anything else.

The Japanese version of Disaster had English voices. There was no additional cost involved with doing English voices for the European version.

This is different though, the Japanese Xenoblade does not have English voices. There is a large cost involved in localisation and it would be incredibly unlikely that they would release it in Europe and not the US.

Put it this way, Nintendo have never released a voice heavy game in only one non Japanese region. It would be an incredible waste to do so.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Well, at the very least if NOA doesn't bring it, I know where I can get it. ^_^

Thank you, NOE!

Fritz

^^No, read the thread.

syoaran said:
Audio, yes I believe so.

Still amazed by their decision to do so. The fact they are doing this warms my heart.

Seems like such an un-Nintendo thing to do. It's like they finally accept that different markets are very much aware of each other these days.

Fady K

Foffy said:
All we even know from Nintendo for 2011 is the following:
- They released The Last Story in Japan
- They announced a new game called Pandora's Tower with no release date at a Japanese meeting
- They announced the long-rumored-to-be-cancelled Hal-developed Kirby game
- Zelda: Skyward Sword is coming out this year
- Very likely Rhythm Heaven Wii will also be out this year
- Xenoblade Chronicles has a 2011 release for Europe

They've been very silent, but that's because they usually focus on showing games at E3, only to be released a few months later like NSMB Wii and DKCR. What we can hope is Nintendo of America stops being sloppy, as they've dropped the ball more often than every other department of Nintendo when it comes to bringing over games. Sure, Europeans had to wait an absurd amount of time for Kirby's Epic Yarn, but they also ended up getting quite a lot of Nintendo games North American players never got.

It really sucks because they're slowly abandoning the Wii in complete favor over the 3DS. Can't they balance things out a little?

The Last Story may be a decent success if they slap in the "From the creator of Final Fantasy" on the cover; i guess it helped Lost Odyssey quite a bit.

Like you said though, E3 is usually a time when they announce a whole lot of stuff. But I can't believe the first 3 months of the year has gone by without a single high-profile release! Heck, even the 3DS launch did not have a big Nintendo game!

Paracelsus

Fritz said:
Seems like such an un-Nintendo thing to do. It's like they finally accept that different markets are very much aware of each other these days.

Or maybe they simply aren't quite confident of the english dub.

Mael

O M G!
We're actually getting Xenoblade? Like for real?
I've got only 1 reservation regarding this news....that the English audio is not done by the one SE usually use
I'm in a FFXII mood right now
or that the English text will not be done by the people that did Tactics Ogre lately.

I was getting a bit pissed at NoE lately since the Other incident, but this is totally awesome.

Zwei

I'm a U.S. gamer, and I wake up the read this shit? WTF?

Actually, I didn't count on the fucking lazy-ass NOA to bring this over here.

Nice work, NOE.

Foffy

Banned
Fady K said:
It really sucks because they're slowly abandoning the Wii in complete favor over the 3DS. Can't they balance things out a little?

The Last Story may be a decent success if they slap in the "From the creator of Final Fantasy" on the cover; i guess it helped Lost Odyssey quite a bit.

Like you said though, E3 is usually a time when they announce a whole lot of stuff. But I can't believe the first 3 months of the year has gone by without a single high-profile release! Heck, even the 3DS launch did not have a big Nintendo game!

Well, if Iwata is to believed, there is quite a bit of software planned for Wii that they've yet to even talk about...

I think Nintendo have themselves in a pickle with Wii. While it's a success for them, most people who post on gaming blogs only tend to focus on their games for Wii, and nothing else for the platform. It's a shame, because despite releasing a hell of a lot of good games on Wii, people act so dissatisfied with them because there's not some kind of AAA title every month. The ones that do appear are usually a class above games on 360 and PS3, like Super Mario Galaxy 2 for example. I'd gladly suffer from some Nintendo Console Drought (should this be trademarked by now) to get their usual high quality game now and again. Right now, there's been a gap of no remarkable title since Donkey Kong Country Returns, and all I can really ask for is something before the fall season.

Fritz

OR they just forgot to delete the Japanese track?

Now I am just hoping it's one of those stealth announcements and the thing is out next month.

wsippel

Banned
Paracelsus said:
Or maybe they simply aren't quite confident of the english dub.
A JRPG that isn't Pokémon or Final Fantasy is niche by default. And the target audience wants dual audio, even if the dub is good.

Primate Ryan

Neo Member
A rollercoaster of emotion here. At first sight I got really excited before I realised that it's the first of April tomorrow (had already encountered another prank concerning Bioware and EA just before reading this), but then it turned out that it's actually true and that put me in a really good mood.

I'm not even a great fan of JRPGs, but this game has all the right elements to make me interested. I can't wait until I can explore those huge environments.

Top Bottom