• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition Arrives May 29. New Epilogue "Future Connected"

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Announced during the direct

Collector's Editions:

xCudE29.jpg

rvMDVw3.jpg

Last edited:

xenoriddley

Well, considering I recently got a switch, I'm looking forward to this. Just need to figure out xenoblade chronicles 2. Theres like two or three versions of that game and I don't know which one is the base game.

Well, considering I recently got a switch, I'm looking forward to this. Just need to figure out xenoblade chronicles 2. Theres like two or three versions of that game and I don't know which one is the base game.

Here you go:

Xenoblade Chronicles 2:- The base game and of the two games, the furthest along in the timeline.
Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna - The Golden Country:- A prequel explaining the events that led up to the base game.

Last edited:

Belmonte

Improved menus is, IMO, the most important thing.

Every time you want to know if an equipment is better or not than what you are using you need to take every gem of it. It is so cumbersome that many times I didn't even changed my old equipment. Now it is fixed since you can turn on-off the gem effects. Great news!

And I hope they give more info about quests also. This is even more cumbersome than equipment in the original. Knowing which time the NPC is available and where, is tiring. Sometimes even knowing where to find the itens/monsters is tiring. After 50 hours I broke my "no guide" rule and the game got much, much more fun. Xenoblade is made to use a guide. Give the information in game, please.

alf717

This will be my first time playing the game. I was real tempted to buy this on Wii U but if this includes everything from the Wii and 3DS versions as well as that future connect content them I'm waiting i t out until May 29th.

Metnut

If Xenogears is my favorite game, but I thought the battles were tedious and way too long in Xenoblade 2, would it be worth it for me to give this game a shot?

Really thought I’d love Xenoblade 2, but the game really bored me.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
If Xenogears is my favorite game, but I thought the battles were tedious and way too long in Xenoblade 2, would it be worth it for me to give this game a shot?

Really thought I’d love Xenoblade 2, but the game really bored me.
I personally love both Xenoblade 1&2 but there are people who didn't like the 2nd game but loved the 1st game.

Danjin44

FUCK!!! only place I can pre-order the collector's edition is in my local EBgames but that store is currently closed in my area. I always miss out the CE fro Xenoblade games because they sell out so fast.

xenoriddley

Here you go:

Xenoblade Chronicles 2:- The base game and of the two games, the furthest along in the timeline.
Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna - The Golden Country:- A prequel explaining the events that led up to the base game.
The thing that confused me was the Golden Country one. I couldn't really find anything that said if it included the original game or if it was it's own thing by itself.

Jeeves

The thing that confused me was the Golden Country one. I couldn't really find anything that said if it included the original game or if it was it's own thing by itself.
I believe it's its own thing. However, it is also available as a giant DLC for the base XC2. So you can get Torna that way or as a standalone.

Danjin44

Old vs New
latest

bt8E9Ax.jpg

Can't believe this just remastered of Wii version and they managed to make the graphics look really good, probably the best looking open world on Nintendo Switch and even better than XC2 and DQ11S
Because its not a simple "remaster" like what you see in games like God of War HD which is basically upscaling resolution and texture. XCDF is much more similar to Shadow of the Colossus on PS4, basically changing its entire graphic engine.

Last edited:

Belmonte

Old vs New
latest

bt8E9Ax.jpg

Can't believe this just remastered of Wii version and they managed to make the graphics look really good, probably the best looking open world on Nintendo Switch and even better than XC2 and DQ11S

I'm not surprised TBH.

What they did with the Wii was incredible. Gigantic locations with pretty good graphics for the console. Then they did the same, but with the new 3DS, which was even weaker!

I don't mean to say the Switch version isn't good. Obviously it is. But they already proved how good they are so I was already expecting this quality.

Zenaku

The Future Connection titling makes me wonder if they’re going to return to this world with a full sequel (maybe even soon), and this rerelease + epilogue is a bridge to that.
Personally I think Takahashi is just going for a connected universe.

Xenosaga lore included multi-dimensional theory. The universe exists in one higher dimension, and within that higher dimension are multiple lower dimensions (such as the one the Saga story takes place in) and multiple wave-form existences. I like to think that in Takahashis head canon Xenogears took place in another lower dimension within his all-encompassing universe.

We already have confirmation of alternate dimensions in Xenoblade 2, and Xenoblade X pointed to Mira being a focal point in time and space.

I'm not surprised TBH.

What they did with the Wii was incredible. Gigantic locations with pretty good graphics for the console. Then they did the same, but with the new 3DS, which was even weaker!

I don't mean to say the Switch version isn't good. Obviously it is. But they already proved how good they are so I was already expecting this quality.
I was surprised by how good it looks vs Xenoblade 2.

Jeeves

Don't get me wrong, it looks fantastic, but...did you forget about BotW or do you think it looks better?

Danjin44

This is easily my favorite upgrade. Now I just have to wait for a retailer in Canada to put the damn CE up for pre order.
Even they do, I cant pre- order for now because most stores in Canada is closed, my only hope is Amazon.ca, but still not available yet.

Last edited:

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Old vs New
latest

bt8E9Ax.jpg

Wow. I honestly didn't think we'd get a re-release of Xenoblade on an HD platform, but for it to happen and be improved this much? There is still justice in this world.

Danjin44

To each his own, I just found it curious that you didn't even mention BotW. Personally I prefer the more vibrant look.
each is going for different things for the environments, Xenoblade is going for much more "alien" world with its unusual plant and animal life.

To each his own, I just found it curious that you didn't even mention BotW. Personally I prefer the more vibrant look.
Graphically speaking , BOTW open world details weren't great everything looked very low textures but BOTW open world is fully explorable without any loading screen plus awesome physics.

-Arcadia-

Banned
I'm not surprised TBH.

I still can’t believe this game, at a level of scope that blew out every other JRPG that generation, existed on the Wii. Then they doubled down and did it again on a much weaker handheld. X is a similar accomplishment on the Wii U.

My respect for everyone involved in that process is immense.

-Arcadia-

Banned
XCDE is certainly looks way better than Zelda BotW

bA2GkS4.jpg

While that particular screen looks beautiful, in general, I don’t find the game to be that good looking, and I certainly wouldn’t put it ahead of Xenoblade 2 and BotW.

I adore all the work they’re putting into this, and the many, many visual upgrades, and it looks great for what it is, but the cumulative effect still feels a bit bound to the Wii days.

Either way, I’m so excited to play this. Even staring at that screen gets me hyped.

Top Bottom