• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition | Hype Thread | We're Really Feeling It

You see it when she turns in to spinning red ball before transform to her different form.

okay it does not matter what do you think the lore is?

She can transform into any of the 3 she wants is that it?

So it is not Form 1 > upgrades 2 > upgrades 3
by upgrade I mean you delete the other 2 they should no longer exist

but in this case she can downgrade anytime she wants back to form 2 and 1

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Is that in battle then? because she does not do that with ZL outside of battle she just phases out
Not outside of battle, but it’s during the battle. ZL it’s just “game” feature for which one of your Blade will be the lead.

So it is not Form 1 > upgrades 2 > upgrades 3
by upgrade I mean you delete the other 2 they should no longer exist
Think of them as Goku’s super saiyan modes, he doesn't stay in his Super Saiyan mode all the time.

Last edited:
EYBMABOUMAIQgHz

I love this game

Not outside of battle, but it’s during the battle. ZL it’s just “game” feature for which one of your Blade will be the lead.

Think of them as Goku’s super saiyan modes, he doesn't stay in his Super Saiyan mode all the time.

I like that but I don't think it fits she seems to have no issues staying as Poppi QT Pie until you hit cutscenes lol

Hey I don't understand exactly understand how XC2 works, I know it has DLC blades of XC1 and XCX characters. But can Elma do her XCX arts like ghost walker?

it has been a while and she has a whole skill tree I would have to turn the game back on to read the names for her skills.
She kinda fights the way you would remember her fighting and she even does OverDrive which is a huge thing to add.

I am pretty sure her skill tree is full of callbacks from her old arts. Not everything is one to one.

She is powerful in this game too. let me launch the game again, you sure you don't want to wait a month to find out?

Zenaku

If you can render her at 8k you already know if the carpet matches the drapes, that's just cheating don't wink wink me I'm super jealous.

I'll stay with the canon Elmas
Sadly higher resolution doesn't add that detail. :(

Elma has:
Sliding Slinger
Hundred Shells
Violent Streak
Overdrive

as skill names I remember from XCX
the others skills seem to be XB2 skills
unless Crisis Catalyst and Background Noise are also from XCX

EYBXeMIXQAE12wt

all my blades are OP I am proud to have grind them all up to max
Just checked the Japanese version and her X2 and her skills are:

Slide Burst
Hundred Mortal
Violence Guns
Overclock
Crisis Beat
Back Blade

First 3 are X artes, last 2 are X skills. Don't know if the skills are named the same across X/XB2 english versions, but they are supposed to be directly from X.

I totally forgot about that whole Poppibuster thing 4 Poppi forms!

That one is the weirdest Poppi adds to the Poppi is everywhere at once confusion

Last edited:
Sadly higher resolution doesn't add that detail. :(

Just checked the Japanese version and her X2 and her skills are:

Slide Burst
Hundred Mortal
Violence Guns
Overclock
Crisis Beat
Back Blade

First 3 are X artes, last 2 are X skills. Don't know if the skills are named the same across X/XB2 english versions, but they are supposed to be directly from X.

I remember those english names from X
I would say they are the same.

Can you tranfer the XB2 Elma model over? I bet she has more deets to work with.

She is powerful in this game too. let me launch the game again, you sure you don't want to wait a month to find out?

Please tell me now.

I got such weird emotions. On the one hand, I'm so excited about all the Xenoblade in my near future - seeing Shulk and the gang again and playing a whole new game in XC2. On the other hand, I'm still kind of sad that XCX is over, that my time is done in that world listening to that music and exploring those regions and flying mechs and doing overdrive. It should be done, it's not healthy to just keep playing the same game, but I'm quite attached. It's the weirdest, lowest selling and least popular Xenoblade too, so even though Monoliftsoft doesn't mind the idea of a sequel, it's kind of a silly dream to cling to. Even port begging is a bit hopeful to be honest. Its story was kind of a dissappointment, but I wouldn't say it's bad. More like it fizzles out and ends abruptly, but it has a great setup and some great elements too... it's a little bit like a sci-fi show that found it was suddenly getting cancelled and they had to rush a crazy mindfuck ending or something. I want more of that XCX gameplay and setting, and that's not a realistic thing to want. It's all a bit sad, even though xenophiles should be really happy right about now.

So yeah, tell me about Elma and overdrive in XC2. How is that even possible, wouldn't XC2 have a different system from overdrive/chain attack? That's crazy awesome if it's really in there.

Thanks guys. What does the description for the overdrive skill say, if you don't mind?

Seems like it must be some cool power that's named to remember overdrive, I'm sure they wouldn't add the whole mechanic of how overdrive works and play Wir Fliegen and all that.

Last edited:

Zenaku

I remember those english names from X
I would say they are the same.

Can you tranfer the XB2 Elma model over? I bet she has more deets to work with.

All the XB2 + Torna characters/blades should be there. They were either ripped or sorted by a guy called Kuro Kairaku. They're fully textured, fully rigged, and have all facial animations intact in their morph targets.

Please tell me now.

I got such weird emotions. On the one hand, I'm so excited about all the Xenoblade in my near future - seeing Shulk and the gang again and playing a whole new game in XC2. On the other hand, I'm still kind of sad that XCX is over, that my time is done in that world listening to that music and exploring those regions and flying mechs and doing overdrive. It should be done, it's not healthy to just keep playing the same game, but I'm quite attached. It's the weirdest, lowest selling and least popular Xenoblade too, so even though Monoliftsoft doesn't mind the idea of a sequel, it's kind of a silly dream to cling to. Even port begging is a bit hopeful to be honest. Its story was kind of a dissappointment, but I wouldn't say it's bad. More like it fizzles out and ends abruptly, but it has a great setup and some great elements too... it's a little bit like a sci-fi show that found it was suddenly getting cancelled and they had to rush a crazy mindfuck ending or something. I want more of that XCX gameplay and setting, and that's not a realistic thing to want. It's all a bit sad, even though xenophiles should be really happy right about now.

So yeah, tell me about Elma and overdrive in XC2. How is that even possible, wouldn't XC2 have a different system from overdrive/chain attack? That's crazy awesome if it's really in there.

I did post about Elma in a few post above this one

Elma has:
Sliding Slinger
Hundred Shells
Violent Streak
Overdrive

as skill names I remember from XCX
the others skills seem to be XB2 skills
unless Crisis Catalyst and Background Noise are also from XCX

EYBXeMIXQAE12wt

all my blades are OP I am proud to have grind them all up to max

To make it clear Elma is not only powerful but Elma at the level I have her is Broken.

Here is a Guide of how to make Elma broken

Here is OverDrive with Elma in XB2

I did post about Elma in a few post above this one

Here is a Guide of how to make Elma broken

Here is OverDrive with Elma in XB2

Damn, looks like OverDrive alright. They got the counter and timer and everything.

"I'll show you what Mirra's taught me!" she says. Very cool.

yes it uses the same music I think

Hell yeah it does!

Thanks, Smiles. Those vids are cool - this is some pretty amazing fan service. I'm gonna max out Elma in XC2 for sure

Touch fuzZy. get BizZay Touch fuzZy. get BizZay one thing you need to know about that Affinity Chart is you need to unlock them to get those skills and it takes a hell of a lot of grinding sometimes to unlock them you have to do tasks. 51 Blades to max out like that takes hundreds of hours. There are tricks but you need the gold to buy each Blade's favorite food or drink item and keep giving this to them. That is the fastest way to cheese the system. So if you want OP KOS MOS, ELMA and others you'll need to learn their favorite items.

There are some really frustrating blades that are harder to max out there is one who loves to fight super bosses so you can't max that blade out unless you can beat super bosses. With OP Blades Super Bosses are not that bad but many of them have one hit kills you need to deflect somehow not easy.

This is one of the main reasons I can't put Torna above the main game after bleeding your heart out to max 50+ Blades you can't settle for just a handful with a nicer battle system. If I could take all of my Rare Blades over to Torna all the depressing dark story sins would be forgiven.

Damn, looks like OverDrive alright. They got the counter and timer and everything.

"I'll show you what Mirra's taught me!" she says. Very cool.

Hell yeah it does!

Thanks, Smiles. Those vids are cool - this is some pretty amazing fan service. I'm gonna max out Elma in XC2 for sure

Told you Elma is my favorite in the series.

I am not this good, Infinite Overdrive

It would be nice if they invited Rex and Elma to XCDE
I am not going to be happy if they did not return the favor.

Touch fuzZy. get BizZay Touch fuzZy. get BizZay one thing you need to know about that Affinity Chart is you need to unlock them to get those skills and it takes a hell of a lot of grinding sometimes to unlock them you have to do tasks. 51 Blades to max out like that takes hundreds of hours. There are tricks but you need the gold to buy each Blade's favorite food or drink item and keep giving this to them. That is the fastest way to cheese the system. So if you want OP KOS MOS, ELMA and others you'll need to learn their favorite items.

There are some really frustrating blades that are harder to max out there is one who loves to fight super bosses so you can't max that blade out unless you can beat super bosses. With OP Blades Super Bosses are not that bad but many of them have one hit kills you need to deflect somehow not easy.

This is one of the main reasons I can't put Torna above the main game after bleeding your heart out to max 50+ Blades you can't settle for just a handful with a nicer battle system. If I could take all of my Rare Blades over to Torna all the depressing dark story sins would be forgiven.

Hmm, well it comes down to how much I like the game. I enjoyed XCX's battle system and world so much that I was happy to upgrade my mech to max so it could 1-shot superbosses. At the moment I'm only committed to maxing out Elma (I bookmarked those Elma video links you shared) but if I like XC2 enough, I'll upgrade everybody using this food method you describe. I like fighting crazy superbosses, and I like them even more if there are rewards beyond "I beat Ultima Weapon and all I got was this lousy T-shirt," so the Blade that needs you to take down superbosses actually sounds great to me.

In addition to your previous points about Torna, you're saying there's so much more to XC2 with its 51 blades to play with. Meaning I can't take Elma into Torna :messenger_crying:

Hmm, well it comes down to how much I like the game. I enjoyed XCX's battle system and world so much that I was happy to upgrade my mech to max so it could 1-shot superbosses. At the moment I'm only committed to maxing out Elma (I bookmarked those Elma video links you shared) but if I like XC2 enough, I'll upgrade everybody using this food method you describe. I like fighting crazy superbosses, and I like them even more if there are rewards beyond "I beat Ultima Weapon and all I got was this lousy T-shirt," so the Blade that needs you to take down superbosses actually sounds great to me.

In addition to your previous points about Torna, you're saying there's so much more to XC2 with its 51 blades to play with. Meaning I can't take Elma into Torna :messenger_crying:

Nah can't take blades into Torna. At least you won't have to play the gatcha game to get Elma early so it is far easier to get her maxed early. KOS MOS is hard to get, the fanservice for all the special guest blades are great all of the special ones can be very OP when maxed. So if you only max out 5 out of 50 you'll be fine.

I was watching Nn Li play the final chapter of XCX he never played the game until 11 months ago but finished his playthrough 3 weeks ago his reaction to the end of X was funny.

I love the music in XCX it annoys me so many people hate it, I understand issues with NLA but damn I get chills from some of the music in XCX

Nah can't take blades into Torna. At least you won't have to play the gatcha game to get Elma early so it is far easier to get her maxed early. KOS MOS is hard to get, the fanservice for all the special guest blades are great all of the special ones can be very OP when maxed. So if you only max out 5 out of 50 you'll be fine.

I was watching Nn Li play the final chapter of XCX he never played the game until 11 months ago but finished his playthrough 3 weeks ago his reaction to the end of X was funny.

I love the music in XCX it annoys me so many people hate it, I understand issues with NLA but damn I get chills from some of the music in XCX

I so strongly agree about the music. I would never try to defend "I can't hear you, I can't see you" it really is just dumb. "Black Tar," the regular battle music, is also underwhelming.

Everything else is great.

Like this powerfully dramatic and intense music that captures the desperation of humanity losing their homeworld:

Or this totally hype story boss battle theme:

Or the moody, groovy music that plays when the BLADE operatives are meeting to discuss how the hell they're gonna survive the alien onslaught:

I'm just as in love with the OST as I am with the rest of the game

Last edited:
Huh, you might be on to something there, never crossed my mind.

I am almost sure this is why none of the reviewers / previews are even speculating about guests showing up everything else about this is exactly like the Challenge DLC in XB2 with armor shop and run by nopons and all so guests could be the hold out info that they can't talk about.

The question is WHO shows up?

If this is not a thing I'll feel let down to be honest.

Last edited:
I am almost sure this is why none of the reviewers / previews are even speculating about guests showing up everything else about this is exactly like the Challenge DLC in XB2 with armor shop and run by nopons and all so guests could be the hold out info that they can't talk about.

The question is WHO shows up?

If this is not a thing I'll feel let down to be honest.
Fei & Elly LET’S GOOOOOO

Day 13
yjrFwva.jpg

Standing on the Bionis's leg, Shulk looks across Gaur Plains at the Mechonis looming in the distance

Once you begin your hero's journey and leave colony 9 behind, the first big place you find yourself exploring is Gaur Plains. It's a huge area filled with monsters, treasure and secrets and it really opens your eyes to Xenoblade's grand sense of scale. It also has probably the game's most famous musical track - a breezy, feel good song perfectly suited to journeying across endless green fields:

Last edited:
Top Bottom