• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition |OT| What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Apparently.

Ma-Yuan

Jul 31, 2017
I finished it yesterday and have admit 10 years ago it was a much better experience. At least I have it more favorable in my memories^^

I am quiet pissed about the ending since XC2 more or less did a little retcon to connect both games. The endings of 1 and 2 don't fit 100% when you compare them but then XCDE sticks with original Ending. :-/ I would have doubled down on the connection and maybe show a bit more . . .

I started Future connect and it feels directly out of touch with the main game. I am open to see how it unfolds but the first hour feels like bad fan fiction :(

Ok read some theory on my spoiler tag :D

So basically they doubled down on the connection by having the core around Alvis neck.
But stuck to the different endings because its the same event told one time by Klaus and one time by Alvis.

Now my own thoughts:
It would make sense that Alvis did not tell Shulk what really happened since this world (earth) had no god but the humans went for each other anyway and Shulk only knows conflict between homs and mechon. So maybe alvis thought the whole truth does not fit for Shulk. Making sure that he would create the new world in the way he wants Shulk to do it.

With this theory and my own thoughts I can live with it :D

checkcola

Jun 7, 2016
I have been playing this game lately and have been enjoying it. I will admit that the different custom stuff can get kind of overwhelming, but one thing I find is with so many side quests, usually its easy to stay properly/over leveled when moving on with the story.

Andyliini

May 16, 2015
Man, once you reach chapter 17, the quests become challenging. I have done every quest I have found since now, and now I'm supposed to fight some 90+ level monsters with my characters around level 80? Have to quite a lot of grinding to even survive in Tephra Cave now.

Jeeves

Dec 7, 2008
Reyn: "You can't have a rainbow without Reyn, baby!"
Melia: "Dunban, I think you need to have a talk with Reyn."
Dunban: "No. Let's pretend it didn't happen."

This game is so damn good. The party members really have a way of endearing themselves to you.

Ulysses 31

Nov 24, 2013
Is it true that if you overlevel the enemy, the game is harder?
That makes no sense.

The enemies get easier the closer their lvl is too yours. If you're below, you get a hit penalty so you miss more often. If you over level them then they hit you less often.

Last edited:
Reactions: Xeaker

Hulk_Smash

Jan 8, 2014
So, what is everyone’s favorite location in the remaster? I’ve only made it to Sword Valley so far, but I gotta be honest, Valak Mountain is something special. It’s not the prettiest place, but it’s completely unique with its transporting geysers, slopped land, narrow shortcuts, ice slides, and falling snow. I also think it’s the best looking night location.

Mockingbird

Nov 28, 2005
So Cal
plushart.club
Made it to the Nopon village. I'm kind of rushing through here as I've cleared it on the Wii already. Pretty fun but at the same time I feel like the game is smaller than I remembered.

gtrwll

Neo Member
Dec 29, 2019
Man, it took this game like 70 hours to produce some even mildly interesting side quests. Well, at least the main story has been ok.

NahaNago

Aug 29, 2014
Still at the very beginning of the game since I only found my switch last week and just been grinding and doing side quests. I've just been enjoy grinding, selling my loot, and upgrading my gear. I probably should progress the story a bit to get the monado

Wunray

Jan 7, 2018
Future connected has been a drag, made it to the final boss and can't be asked to beat it, but I must. The 2 new nopons are great though.

gtrwll

Neo Member
Dec 29, 2019
Just finished the main story. It was a good game, although it became clear quite early on that I prefer XC2 much more. I can see why it is regarded as a classic though, must have been one hell of a game in 2011, on Wii nonetheless. Saved Future Connected for later.

I’m glad I got to experience the game, can’t wait to see what Monolith Soft will do next!

Reactions: Khalid M.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Jul 2, 2013
Oregon
Still playing this, but took a break to play through Evoland and Evoland 2 while I'm moving, because it's easier to digest in smaller chunks. Next week I should be back at this, I'm probably 3/4 of the way through already.

The Hermit

Jan 13, 2006
Just finished again.
I was reading my posts from 2011 when I first played this gem. I forgot a bunch of things, like that I had over 140 hours, but the feeling of excitement and being blown away by the soundtrack I carry until today. My Wii broke shortly after I stopped playing it so never managed to play again until now.

Jesus Christ what a game. 2nd favorite JRPG, losing only to Chrono Trigger by the tiniest margin.
This remake is everything it needed, the remastered soundtrack is so good it felt like almost like the first time.

Going to the Future Connected "DLC" but the first hours are not encouraging ( Nopons Meh-Meh shit and a lot of reused assets/enemies, but that was expected).

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Khalid M.

drganon

Sep 20, 2019
Im on ch7 right now. So far I'm enjoying it. Cant say if I like it better than 2. One thing i really like is the little dots on the map telling you where you need to go. I spent a good chunk of time on 2 trying to figure out how to get to the next plot point. The whole you're this many feet away wasn't helpful when it lead you to dead ends.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Jul 2, 2013
Oregon
Anybody doing the full Colony 6 restoration? Seems like such a time sink, but I'm loving it because it's a good way to break up the game's story.

Andyliini

May 16, 2015
Anybody doing the full Colony 6 restoration? Seems like such a time sink, but I'm loving it because it's a good way to break up the game's story.
I did the whole thing now that the times were easier to find. Black Liver Beans were still a challenge to find, as you can't mark consturction items on map.

Mar 26, 2010
I did the whole thing now that the times were easier to find. Black Liver Beans were still a challenge to find, as you can't mark consturction items on map.
Btw guys you can trade for black liver beans with the nopon sage who gives you the time-attack challenges, just in case anyone reading doesn't know