• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles is now $90 [pre-owned] at Gamestop

Y'know, I was just bitching about this in the Sonic Community thread. I'd been putting this off because "oh, it's $60 at GameStop - higher than usual, but not too bad". Now it's $90, and the nearest GameStop to have a copy is in another state entirely.

Nintendo really should've done more than one batch of copies for this game...

This is how I feel after having two copies of the game, one sealed.

birdman-rubbing-hands.gif

Damaniel

Banned
I'm glad I bought it when it first came out (and did a one-time break of my boycott of Gamestop to do so). It was definitely worth paying $50 for, and I'd argue it's even worth paying $90 for.

Damn, Nintendo really needs to do an HD version for Wii U

Yep. Came to post this. Imagine an HD version playable with the pro controller. I just found having to attach the Wii classic controller to a Wii remote kind of... odd. I didn't really like having that "baggage" tied to the controller. I'm probably very alone in that as it wasn't some huge inconvenience, I just didn't like it for whatever reason.

That's amazing. This was recently part of a promotion where you could trade in two games from a list to get a new game for $10 (sidenote: worst promotion ever). So GameStop bought a bunch of copies for cheap from people who didn't know the game's true value, increased the used price by about $30, and is now flipping them for triple what they paid.

How big is it (bytewise)? I have a feeling Nintendo will eventually release it digitally. And by "eventually", I mean "on their next system".

The only rare game I have is Prime Trilogy, but who the fuck would sell that masterpiece?
I dunno, but I sprung for a copy of that from a local GameStop, and it came almost CIB; it was just missing the plastic cover on the outside. Club Nintendo code wasn't even used!

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
The availability of this game in the US fucking pisses me off. Fuck you Nintendo and Fuck you GameStop.

Ridley327

How big is it (bytewise)? I have a feeling Nintendo will eventually release it digitally. And by "eventually", I mean "on their next system".

I think a scrubbed release (i.e. isn't just a straight ISO dump) is around 6 GB, which would put it on the lower end of Wii U retail game sizes.

weevles

Sad the GS is probably the cheapest price for this game now, assuming they actually get any in stock.

Boy do I feel dumb for missing this release...

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
With how big of a fuss people had to kick up even to get it released here, is it surprising that it would be released in fairly limited quantities? Plus it came out in the states very late in the Wii's life when most people were done with the system, barring a remake or re-release it will likely just continue to rise in price.

MechaX

That's amazing. This was recently part of a promotion where you could trade in two games from a list to get a new game for $10 (sidenote: worst promotion ever). So GameStop bought a bunch of copies for cheap from people who didn't know the game's true value, increased the used price by about $30, and is now flipping them for triple what they paid.

Yeah, GameStop had the nerve to be like "trade in Metroid Prime Trilogy and Xenoblade for $10 towards a new game like God of War Ascension!!!" to me a few months back, while I was in the store, with a $70 Metroid Prime Trilogy copy within eyesight.

Top Bottom