• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

Sophia

Mlatador said:
the component signal improves EVERYTHING - meaning the whole pictures that's been output. As an "addition" that signal can also transport progressive images (IF you activate it on the Wii). If not, and you output in 480i, it will still look really good, since component - along RGB - is the best analog signal you can get.

That's all fine and dandy, but I already knew that information, and it wasn't what I was asking. =P

RPGCrazied said:
Is there an item that can change the weather, or maybe day into night?

I read that you can go back and forth between day and night anytime you want instantly, without even needing an item. Not sure about the weather though.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
RPGCrazied said:
Is there an item that can change the weather, or maybe day into night?

You can change the time whenever you want to in the menu (thankfully... waiting for certain people to come around (since all the NPCs are on a cycle) would be annoying without it.) Weather... not so much. You have to cycle through day/night and hope that the kind of weather you want will occur.

Just waiting on my GAME pre-order..

I wanted to give NoE my money.. since they're giving me one of the few Wii games that I actually want to play.

The next week or two is going to be torture..

Even when I get this, I'm not going to be able to play it right away.. it will have to wait until after I play Deus Ex: Human Revolution..

Mlatador

Banned
ShellyDeKiller said:
Maaaaan. :(

*cancels pre-order*

Amazon it is then.

THAT's exactly what I did too, imediately after I heard about that NON-BONUS for ONLINE-PRE-ORDERS from GAME.

I went with Amazon instead (mostly because I think I will get it earlier here in Germany). On the other hand, I was willing to wait longer, just to snatch up those sweet posters.

Man, what a fucking MISLEADING information that was from Nintendo.uk, since they nowhere mentioned that the pre-order bonus is restricted to IN-STORE pre-orders.

ANYWAY!! Don't be angry. Game is still more awesome than every and we'll soon be able to play it, so no place for negative feelings :)

I mean, if I REALLY want these posters, I'm gonna just print them out, since I've already seen them at a pretty good resolution (the rest does photoshop)

Victrix

*beard*
Lissar said:
You can change the time whenever you want to in the menu (thankfully... waiting for certain people to come around (since all the NPCs are on a cycle) would be annoying without it.) Weather... not so much. You have to cycle through day/night and hope that the kind of weather you want will occur.

That's handy. Games with a time cycle and no way to skip are annoying.

The poster situation was very misleading, but at least they've issued a correction now and not after everyone began to wonder where their posters were.

Luckily I have the CE preordered in-store since I have trade-in credit that I need to use.

RPGCrazied said:
Lol. Week.

I wonder what I'm going to do with myself for the at least month or more before mine comes in. Knowing Zavvi they will fuck with my shit, it'll get lost, maybe damaged. :(
Knowing Zavvi, it will ship a day or two before release and arrive a week later.

RPGCrazied said:
I want to live in your world of thinking. :p
Hey, I'm just speaking from experience with Zavvi. Seems everyone who had a bad experience is in Europe, while those of us in the States have had no problems. Well, I'm assuming you're in the States, I don't know.

All in all, your dispatch date is late because of when you reserved, Zavvi just doesn't update the status page. It'll ship prior to that. Don't worry. And if not, get in touch with CS and find out why people who reserved AFTER you are getting it before you.

RPGCrazied

eLZhi said:
Hey, I'm just speaking from experience with Zavvi. Seems everyone who had a bad experience is in Europe, while those of us in the States have had no problems. Well, I'm assuming you're in the States, I don't know.

All in all, your dispatch date is late because of when you reserved, Zavvi just doesn't update the status page. It'll ship prior to that. Don't worry.

Why would Europe have trouble with them? Aren't they based in Europe? Lol. I just emailed them about my dispatch date being the old date, lets see what they say. You bought stuff from Zavvi before and you live in the US?

I do live in the US too.

RPGCrazied said:
Why would Europe have trouble with them? Aren't they based in Europe? Lol. I just emailed them about my dispatch date being the old date, lets see what they say. You bought stuff from Zavvi before and you live in the US?

I do live in the US too.
Yeah, it doesn't make sense to me either, but it seems to be the case.

I'm in CT. I ordered Tactics Ogre for PSP from Zavvi because art books > tarot cards. It shipped two days before release and arrived seven days later, five days after release. About as quick as if I had ordered the NA release from Amazon. If you're out West, it'll take a few more days, obviously.

Of course, I could have just gotten lucky, but I hope not.

RPGCrazied said:

I do live in the US too.
I think most of the problems with Zavvi stem from when they messed up orders before Christmas last year. Occasional importers would have been less likely to see this. Also the bomba deals they do tend to sell out quick but as of this year, they've been slow (seemingly on purpose) to update the site to it's sold out status. Thus people having to wait ages for something to maybe come back into stock when they thought it was given. They have also been caught cancelling orders on a whim without informing the customers.

Most importers will probably only be buying new releases, and as long as they've got enough stock in on day one - Zavvi normally get them out and to the customer without any hitches.

Zavvi messed my girlfriend and I over a Rock band pro guitar, and lied to me over the phone about it on several occasions. So I've got an axe to grind. But saying that I think there's a very good chance that this new release will go through smoothly for importers. As long as they get enough stock in.

RPGCrazied said:
Is 99 the max? How do you go about defeating a lvl 120 monster?

You stack gems that increase agility and accuracy and use
Dunban
as your point character so you always have his art that increases accuracy and evasion on. I think the highest monster level is 108 though so it's grueling but not impossible.

wrowa

RPGCrazied said:
So. Is there a lot of voice acting? How can they have both tracks on there, for such a long game?
It was the Nintendo game with the largest amount of voice acting until the release of Last Story afaik.

I don't know how it fits, honestly. Maybe they are using a DVD-9 for the European version.

wsippel

Banned
Tguy said:
My ears, Riki's JP voice.....

I always prefer dub even if it's bad, but it's good to know those are decent dubs. Love the accents.
Despite the looks and voice, Riki is actually a pretty awesome dude, though.

the-iek

wrowa said:
It was the Nintendo game with the largest amount of voice acting until the release of Last Story afaik.

I don't know how it fits, honestly. Maybe they are using a DVD-9 for the European version.
Yes, I can confirm this.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
wrowa said:
I'm guessing that's an assumption based on that old NoE comment? I don't think statistics on the amount of VA in Xenoblade were ever released.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
jj984jj said:
I'm guessing that's an assumption based on that old NoE comment? I don't think statistics on the amount of VA in Xenoblade were ever released.
I don't think there are many contenders either way... Maybe if we count The Last Story and the insane amount of chatter within gameplay it's supposed to have...

I hope the game works on my Wii but since it's from early 2007 I have my doubts. Hopefully they'd fix it for free since I know they still do that with SSBB (which I don't have though).

TDLink

Bel Marduk said:
I hope the game works on my Wii but since it's from early 2007 I have my doubts. Hopefully they'd fix it for free since I know they still do that with SSBB (which I don't have though).

I have a Day 1 Wii and HBC works on it no problem.

Aeana

chaosblade said:
Legitimately surprised Nintendo would go with a DL disc instead of just using a single language. NoE> SquareEnix confirmed (FF12).
While the content is certainly a boon, dual layer isn't necessarily. It's rougher on the Wii's laser than a regular DVD. Though at this point, there is a good solution for avoiding wear on the disc drive, so at least there's that.

TDLink

walking fiend said:
believe he is worried about the game being a double layer DVD9. is it confirmed?

Wait, so DVD9s don't work?

Already have my order in for Import so I hope that's not true...I need this game.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Aeana said:
While the content is certainly a boon, dual layer isn't necessarily. It's rougher on the Wii's laser than a regular DVD. Though at this point, there is a good solution for avoiding wear on the disc drive, so at least there's that.
Yep, importers at least have the benefit of already having modded Wii's, so adding an HDD Loader isn't that big of a deal. Considering that myself, if I can't run it on Dolphin.

But I also have an early Wii (Jan 07) and I haven't had problems with Brawl or Other M.
Now I've jinxed myself and Xenoblade won't work :(

TDLink said:

Already have my order in for Import so I hope that's not true...I need this game.
It's not that they don't work, just earlier Wiis have more problems with dual layer discs not working, so I don't really know if my Wii with 4+ years of wear will run the game fine. Nintendo's site says they'll fix this for free if it happens to you with SSBB though.

wsippel

Banned
TDLink said:

Some early Wiis have problems with DVD9s. Not all of them, mind you - I have a launch unit, and DVD9s work just fine. But some have issues. I believe Nintendo fixes them for free even if your unit is out of warranty. This isn't about imports, by the way. If SSBB or MPT works on your Wii, any imported DVD9 disk will work as well.

TDLink

Bel Marduk said:
It's not that they don't work, just earlier Wiis have more problems with dual layer discs not working, so I don't really know if my Wii with 4+ years of wear will run the game fine. Nintendo's site says they'll fix this for free if it happens to you with SSBB though.

Well my Brawl still runs fine so I am assuming I'll be alright?

EDIT:

wsippel said:
Some early Wiis have problems with DVD9s. Not all of them, mind you - I have a launch unit, and DVD9s work just fine. But some have issues. I believe Nintendo fixes them for free even if your unit is out of warranty. This isn't about imports, by the way. If SSBB or MPT works on your Wii, any important DVD9 disk will work as well.

Ok, good. Thanks for the information guys.

Zafir

chaosblade said:
And there is the official confirmation. Disappointing, I'd have liked to get those posters. Oh well, better to be disappointed now than wonder what happened after the game arrives.
What does it mean by getting in contact with GAME?

"If you previously placed an online pre-order to get these posters sent with your copy of the pre-order bundle, please get in contact with GAME or gamestation using the links. "

Does it mean you can still get the posters sent, or what?

Top Bottom