• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii) now available on European Wii U eShop

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
While it did support CC, I always felt the game was better with Wiimote and Nunchuck. You could move and select skills at the same time so easily that way.
Finally someone who agrees. Never understood the complaints that it was unplayable with the Wiimote+nunchuck setup. Super easy and super comfortable.

Xenoblade got a fairly low quality British dub.
Nani? The dub is awesome. Not as good as The Last Story's but no way a "low quality" one.

Arkain

I imagine it'll be the only New 3DS exclusive anyone ever plays.

Also, for those vacillating between Wii and N3DS versions, the N3DS didn't include the original Japanese voice audio, which is a real loss as Xenoblade got a fairly low quality British dub.

With the exception of a few characters, I loved the British dub.

I always wanted to pick this up, but never got round to it. I'm also not a huge lover of console RPGs, so off-TV play will be awesome. Hopefully the other two, Pandora's Tower and The Last Story, will come out on the eShop if they haven't already.

How good does the game actually look? I know the art style is awesome, but how much did the hardware limit it? All I've seen are Dolphin shots, which look fantastic obviously.

I always wanted to pick this up, but never got round to it. I'm also not a huge lover of console RPGs, so off-TV play will be awesome. Hopefully the other two, Pandora's Tower and The Last Story, will come out on the eShop if they haven't already.

How good does the game actually look? I know the art style is awesome, but how much did the hardware limit it? All I've seen are Dolphin shots, which look fantastic obviously.

The Wii version is not bad. Not bad at all.

How much is the physical version now though?

I'm sure it goes for over £40. My comment was based purely on my circumstances. I'm only moaning because I would love it on the Wii-U, but I really can't justify paying that amount when I own the disk. Obviously great for people who didn't get to play it or don't want to pay Ebay prices for a physical copy.

I'm sure it goes for over £40. My comment was based purely on my circumstances. I'm only moaning because I would love it on the Wii-U, but I really can't justify paying that amount when I own the disk. Obviously great for people who didn't get to play it or don't want to pay Ebay prices for a physical copy.

I definitely want it. My copy of XBC got lost when I moved a few years back.

I

It's better than paying £40-£50 for used versions (eBay prices in last month). I hope Nintendo brings over Fire Emblem Path of Radiance and Radient Dawn because these two go for over £70 and £40-£50 respectively.

I agree, for those who didn't get to play it or don't want to fork over Ebay prices it's a good price for an excelllent game; I'm just moaning because I can't justify paying that amount when I own the disk already. This is where I wish Club Nintendo worked better with e-shop purchases, as Nintendo can see that I registered the game on Club Nintendo, a little discount would have been hehe but I guess I'm asking too much.

Atolm

Very nice. Been waiting for this for ages, it will be absolutely wonderful to play this on the Gamepad from my bed; the definitive semi-portable version!. I'll be playing this when X launches. Now we need The Last Story.

SerTapTap

NoA please. I haven't played any of the Wii u vc games yet but this is the perfect one to release after Kirby due to the price. No way am I playing the 3ds game I can barely stand to play exclusives on that hand cramping battery hog

Atolm

No WiiU Pro? Sure?

As Robin64 pointed earlier, the Wii VC releases don't support the Wii U pro.

They support the Gamepad if the game also orginally had support for the Wii classic Controller. Which is the case for games like Xenoblade or Pandora's Tower.

Unai

Since the original supported the Wii Controller Pro, I guess you can play this just with the Wii U Pro Controller, right?

No need to put the sensor bar or anything, which is nice.

What? I'm pretty sure someone said the wii u pro works.

did you try it?

As Robin64 pointed earlier, the Wii VC releases don't support the Wii U pro.

They support the Gamepad if the game also orginally had support for the Wii classic Controller. Which is the case for games like Xenoblade or Pandora's Tower.

You can use the gamepad as a sensor bar or TV, but unfortunately you can't use it as an input device. I've even made a thread about it once long ago.

PetrCobra

It's identical. Literally the ISO running in a slightly updated vWii wrapper to support GamePad controls.

Maybe I'm being pedantic here, but if that was the case, wouldn't it be possible for the regular vWii to map Classic Controller controls to Gamepad? I thought they had to change the ISO itself for that to happen. Not that I think they would go as far as to actually change anything in the game, apart from maybe fixing some bugs, which happened before with Nintendo's re-releases.

glaurung

Wait, what are the chances of this looking good on WiiU?

I grabbed the N3DS version some time back, but had to stop playing because the frame rate and camera drove me nuts.

Phoenixus

I grabbed the N3DS version some time back, but had to stop playing because the frame rate and camera drove me nuts.

It won't look great on the TV, but the resolution of the GamePad screen will be perfect for it.

Robin64

Maybe I'm being pedantic here, but if that was the case, wouldn't it be possible for the regular vWii to map Classic Controller controls to Gamepad? I thought they had to change the ISO itself for that to happen. Not that I think they would go as far as to actually change anything in the game, apart from maybe fixing some bugs, which happened before with Nintendo's re-releases.

Absolutely possible, yes, as long as Nintendo sent out a new update for the vWii portion of Wii U consoles. And for whatever reason, they don't touch vWii with update.

We'll probably see homebrewers do it, assuming they haven't already.

Blowing it up on a 1080p TV won't do it any favours, but running on the Gamepad (480p game on a 480p screen), it should look as good as it can possibly look outside of an emulator.

I think my New 3DS and Xenoblade 3D cartridge might be finding themselves on Ebay in the near future. Never really been happy with the small size, or playing the game on such a tiny screen, but at the time it was the only option I had. Much rather go back to my old 3DS XL and restart Xenoblade on my Wii U.

hohoXD123

Blowing it up on a 1080p TV won't do it any favours, but running on the Gamepad (480p game on a 480p screen), it should look as good as it can possibly look outside of an emulator.

I think my New 3DS and Xenoblade 3D cartridge might be finding themselves on Ebay in the near future. Never really been happy with the small size, or playing the game on such a tiny screen, but at the time it was the only option I had. Much rather go back to my old 3DS XL and restart Xenoblade on my Wii U.

Yeah on the TV it looks very grainy, not too bad looking on the gamepad though.

Yeah on the TV it looks very grainy, not too bad looking on the gamepad though.

The game looked fine on a 1080p TV when it came out originally, and on Wii U, at least it'll be coming in through HDMI.

If anything, the game should look better now than it did before, even if only a little.

Neoxon

I might bite despite me already owning a physical copy since this would enable GamePad support. That is, if NoA follows suit.

Wow, that's HUGE.
Yeah, HUGE and OLD. It's been known since the first digital Wii games were announced for Wii U and it's been mentioned a quatrillion times in this very thread, including in one of the posts you quoted. For something that's so important to you that you made a thread about it and then felt the need to reply here without checking the other posts in this page, it's kinda funny that you never bothered to check back on the matter.

Rodin

Great news, i'll double dip.

... Wait, this was compatible with the Wii classic controller. This means that i can play it with the gamepad buttons+offtv.

Yep, i'll double dip.

Capra

So bought.

...When it comes to NA.

L12CcLK.gif

Top Bottom