• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X: April 10th Doll Presentation [up: video with subtitles]

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but one of the Dolls is called "Wels."

In Xenogears, the mech you pilot is called "Weltall" and there is an enemy in the game called a "Wels." However, a Wels is a little mutant/zombie creature. It's basically a mutated human.

I wonder if there's any connection to any of this.

chadboban

This looks fantastic, but good god the pitiful preliminary (I hope) facial animations on the PCs themselves is distracting as hell

This seems like a particular kind of game I never knew I wanted. Hopefully this will erase the chip I've had on my shoulder about the last 1/3 of Xenogears for 15 years

Do you mean the animation you see where the characters are just standing and talking? They just make those for these directs so they don't put too much work into it.

TheMoon

In Xenogears, the mech you pilot is called "Weltall" and there is an enemy in the game called a "Wels." However, a Wels is a little mutant/zombie creature. It's basically a mutated human.

"Weltall" is German for "space." "Wels" has nothing to do with "Weltall." In German, "Wels" is a name for a kind of fish.

Flare

The amount of content in Xenoblade caught me off guard. I kept discovering new things very late into the game (like the gifting mechanic to raise affinity). This game is looking to have so much more and it's so incredible.

jgwhiteus

From the Siliconera article it seems like Wels is one of the models you start your customization from, but looking at the photo it doesn't seem to resemble Weltall all that much:
http://www.siliconera.com/2015/04/10/xenoblade-chronicles-x-details-different-types-dolls-fight/
Dolls_31.jpg

According to the article you first choose whether you'll go with a Light, Medium, or Heavy Doll, then have a choice of base models to start customization from (the others shown in the video being "Formula", "Urban", "Inferno", "Mastema", and "Amdusias"), with the models having different transformations - Urban turns into a bike, Inferno into a 4-wheeler, etc.

I wouldn't be surprised to find small references or call-backs to earlier Xeno-games in X, though actually I don't remember there being references to the -Gears or -Saga games in Xenoblade Chronicles.

KHlover

Banned

wels2.jpg

Wels

Doubt the name has a real connection to anything lol

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
From the Siliconera article it seems like Wels is one of the models you start your customization from, but looking at the photo it doesn't seem to resemble Weltall all that much:
http://www.siliconera.com/2015/04/10/xenoblade-chronicles-x-details-different-types-dolls-fight/

According to the article you first choose whether you'll go with a Light, Medium, or Heavy Doll, then have a choice of base models to start customization from (the others shown in the video being "Formula", "Urban", "Inferno", "Mastema", and "Amdusias"), with the models having different transformations - Urban turns into a bike, Inferno into a 4-wheeler, etc.

I wouldn't be surprised to find small references or call-backs to earlier Xeno-games in X, though actually I don't remember there being references to the -Gears or -Saga games in Xenoblade Chronicles.
Xenoblade spoilers
Fioras was basically a kos-mos reference

jorgejjvr

So as I understand it, the online has different players connected in away, 32, and they can interact with each other (give items, fight monsters and watch the numbers go down etc.) But you CAN also do quests with you and 3 people in your actual party right??

Chaos17

So as I understand it, the online has different players connected in away, 32, and they can interact with each other (give items, fight monsters and watch the numbers go down etc.) But you CAN also do quests with you and 3 people in your actual party right??

I understood the same.

jorgejjvr

Best 2015 game confirmed

GOTY

Not that I didnt know before

But this game looks better and better the more they show it

I need it NOW

we will be connected gaf, YES, this will be our MH HD equivalent haha xD

Kidding, but I can't wait to do quests with gaf!! Will be so fun

Seik

Banned
Ok, just watched the whole thing, couldn't during lunch break after all...

I...I...this game.

THIS GAME, it will be good, soooo good.

Man, there seems to be so much ambition behind it. All this media mixed with the waiting game is pure torture.

rokero

there seems to be a lot of dialog missing from the sub trailer not complaining though I'm so hyped for this game

Litri

Seriously, this presentation is the one I'm sure will convince a couple of friends that were in the fence, almost breaking it.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Don't pay too much attention to the su b trailer altho it was helpful on thr basic information, Gessenkou and iyakku should have V1 subbed trailer out today if the last X direct was any indication.

Yonafunu

So do we know when the translated videos will go up? Somewhere this weekend?

I'm holding out for that one, haven't watched this yet.

There's no connection. There can't be really. The most you'll get is fanservice, references and subtle nods. And this doesn't even seem to be one of those.

I'm going to use the gundam model of mecha naming, where I use the base model name plus a word for my custom model (Example: Wels Gungnir) and then when I get an upgraded base or just upgrade the equipment enough I'll add another modifier (ex: Wels Odin Gungnir)

NuttSack

Guys, does the online allows you to hang out with other players?
Like a party of 4 just exploring the world à la Monster Hunter?

jorgejjvr

Thats what im wondering too, i THINK so, but would like confirmation. The 32 player connected thing is super nice, but i would also love 4 player party

Godcannon

Ok, I said this was my last video I'm watching on X, and it was friggin awesome. Goodbye community, see you on OT day! I refuse to keep spoiling the reason I got a Wii U a year ago....... Yes....Yes I really did.......

Chaos17

Yes but only for some missions named : SQUAD
You can still do them in solo.
Those missions are guild specific so only guildmates can do them (I think?)

If you want more information please watch the video I poste above.

cacildo

Ok, I said this was my last video I'm watching on X, and it was friggin awesome. Goodbye community, see you on OT day! I refuse to keep spoiling the reason I got a Wii U a year ago....... Yes....Yes I really did.......

Its so much stuff you will forget most of what youve seen in videos when the game finally releases

Top Bottom