• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X: April 10th Doll Presentation [up: video with subtitles]

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Elma is totally gonna die within the story but then come back looking like a black kos-mos...er t-elos, also you cant have tatsu as a fighter in the party because he is the final boss.

oh yeah, spoilers

chadboban

P.S. Lyn is the final boss

Her mission was do go around Mira and create tears in reality at every point she could causing the planet to get fucked up.

I have proof here

fnkvbl.gif

Fandangox

Going by previous Xeno games (I have only played blade, but I have read about the others) it will be very likely that someone
in your party or close friend circle will end up betraying you and someone else will pull off an ocelot and pretend to be your friend, then betray you, but then it turns out they were fighting for the same goal as you and pretended to betray you all long!

Going by previous Xeno games (I have only played blade, but I have read about the others) it will be very likely that someone
in your party or close friend circle will end up betraying you and someone else will pull off an ocelot and pretend to be your friend, then betray you, but then it turns out they were fighting for the same goal as you and pretended to betray you all long!

You'll end up betraying yourself and the final battle will be a qte fight of you rolling around on the ground punching yourself.ultimately ending with you throwing yourself off a cliff.

foxuzamaki

Her mission was do go around Mira and create tears in reality at every point she could causing the planet to get fucked up.

I have proof here

fnkvbl.gif

No seriously, why is lyn casually tearing holes in the fabric of reality lmao, wtf I hope theres a story reason for that.

chadboban

wow thanks for the spoilers asshole

Those unhuman eyes, being able to tear holes in the fabric of reality, wanting to eat Tatsu (a trait shared with an enemy alien race in the promos already), and just "happening" to be a young teenager who invented OP high-tech mechs, and just happened to be on the only human ship to survive...

You had to have seen it coming.

Yeah, that's what I suspected. Not sure I can fully enjoying playing in these Dolls if I know the gas gauge is constantly moving toward empty.

Most of the dolls I saw in the video had about 8000 fuel and lost fuel at about 2 per second or less. Arts or increased movement did not appear to change the rate. That would take over an hour of constant flight to deplete. This estimate is extremely conservative considering there are ways to boost fuel in battle, it seems. I have a hard time believing fuel conservation will impact our enjoyment considering how generously it's given to players.

foxuzamaki

I just like how novel the idea of getting your mecha that you named yourself insured lol.
It really is like a car in that instance, especially when they make you get a license before you can pilot it.

PS: Tatsu is the secret boss. You fight against him after the ending credits.

Well the entity of Xenoblade Chronicles is just a mental illusion conjured up by Tatsu, which makes Tatsu some kind of dream god, and since this is an jrpg, we need to kill Tatsu with the power of friendship!

Finally got around to watching the trailer.

I'm so jealous Japan is getting this in less than 3 weeks. I want this right now :(

Also, had no idea that this game had online before that trailer with those giant ass monsters. Between this and metal gear I might have to take a semester off this fall.

Finally got around to watching the trailer.

I'm so jealous Japan is getting this in less than 3 weeks. I want this right now :(

Also, had no idea that this game had online before that trailer with those giant ass monsters. Between this and metal gear I might have to take a semester off this fall.

At least we'll get to see a 10/10/10/9 Famitsu review very soon.

Renewed

I think the idea of the "Catch" is interesting. It's the Doll's version of the Break->Topple combo but requires more interaction if you're the one executing it. Plus I keep looking at the OC and my mouth waters when I see those rings they get (thank you to the earlier poster making the analogy to Neo Zeong). I'd be lying if I also wasn't feeling some Burning Gundam in there.

bigjig

I love the look of this game but I'm worried I don't have time to sink into it. Does anyone know how the save system works? Can you save anytime? (Sorry, never played Xenoblade on the Wii)

Renewed

I love the look of this game but I'm worried I don't have time to sink into it. Does anyone know how the save system works? Can you save anytime? (Sorry, never played Xenoblade on the Wii)

You can save at any time on the Wii/n3DS version, so they'd do the same here. It remembers the spot you saved at and you can continue from right where you left off.

I watched this morning but forgot to mention how amazing it was.

I'm not sure if there's been confirmation if it's the same or not, but in the original Xenoblade you could save anytime outside of battles or cutscenes.

Nintendo should really be focusing more on the Mech part when marketing the game. The trailers with close up of human faces are horrible, everything is built in scale with the Mechs so they don't look quite as good when you're playing as the humans.
The Mechs look really fantastic and being able to drive and fly around seems amazing.

Yazuka

I hope theye is a Weltall like mech in the game. Weltall/Omega Universitas from precious Xeno-games are my favorite mechs ever.
Would love to see something like that.

Quick question...

If I left my doll somewhere that's a considerable distance from my current location, is it possible to call it to my location?

I kinda hope not

when I play GTA I expect to call my car and I also do not have to fuel my car in GTA

I understand it is nicer to have when I feel lazy but in an RPG like this if I am going to walk that far away from my doll I should have to work at getting it back

hope they do not allow it to fly to you, you have to take care of it get it fuel get it parts get it repaired get out of it in a fight before it is damaged

so yeah should not get to call it to me like a horse you see in so many RPGs that will spawn near you, if they are going to do that why bother with the fuel part of it?

I'm loving everything I'm seeing in this video, but I really hope the story is a big focus of this game. As much as I enjoyed exploring Xenoblade's world, the story was one of my favorite aspects of that title.

Renewed

I actually agree with this. I don't know if it's the lighting or the outfit.

The E3 version seems to have had some effects like smoke in the area.

Most of that is gone in the actual cutscene in-game. Maybe there was prerendering used for the E3 version? Otherwise they must have added a bunch the game since then (as they should) to take away from this.

I will say that being brighter as a result helps me see where I need to go. I don't do well with dark places.

Xbro

bmQSkhz.jpg

Jumping to conclusions here, but I'm gonna say that it's a different time of day, therefore more light is coming from the windows in one of them, and more fog is present in one as well.

Top Bottom