• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X - First official online play info

duckroll

The pre-load for the game which went live in Japan a short time ago confirms the following details:

- Single Player RPG
- 4 Players Online Quests
- 32 Players Indirect Online (For Information exchange and item trading)

random25

The online mode looks good. Not intruding with the Single Player experience.

It would be fun if the online quests will have regular content updates just to keep playing it after finishing the story.

Nibel

4-player mech combat?

EWmof.gif

Nanashrew

Banned
From Cheesemeister:

Cheesemeister@Cheesemeister3k
#XenobladeX supports GamePad, #WiiU Pro Controller, USB keyboard. Miiverse support. Off-TV play. 720p. pic.twitter.com/doXkkkLoxj

Renewed

I wonder how beneficial these indirect interactions will be. Obviously you don't want someone doing all the work for you. I wonder if the information exchange is limited to small things or if it'll list something in full detail. Like, a monster's traits, skills, item drops and rate and whatnot.

jonno394

So optional 4 player online quests, that's fine with me, doesn't pollute my single player experience with multiplayer stuff that I don't want.

TheMoon

The pre-load for the game which went live in Japan a short time ago confirms the following details:

- Single Player RPG
- 4 Players Online Quests
- 32 Players Indirect Online (For Information exchange and item trading)

:O

so there IS co-op after all! /dies

so much awesome ..
.(except for the fucking awful music)

anaron

Remember all those stupid pre-emptive "ONLINE RUINS IT I DONT WANT NO MMO! NOT PLAYING THIS" posts?

They look even dumber now.

Corgi

Banned
do we know what the bottom screen is used for?

God I hope you can map skills at least. Don't make me cycle skills with the dpad :(

TheFatMan

I'm done for some optional 4 player online quests! Maybe take down some of those gigantic monsters we've been seeing?

I'm curious to learn more!

Hope I can take on those co-op quests on my own.

From Cheesemeister:

Cheesemeister@Cheesemeister3k
#XenobladeX supports GamePad, #WiiU Pro Controller, USB keyboard. Miiverse support. Off-TV play. 720p. pic.twitter.com/doXkkkLoxj

Just posted in the other thread about Pro Controller support. I'll mostly use the Gamepad but like having the option. Hope they have voice chat in the US (they won't).

Remember all those stupid pre-emptive "ONLINE RUINS IT I DONT WANT NO MMO! NOT PLAYING THIS" posts?

They look even dumber now.

Why do they look dumber? The online play has been verified, this tiny bit of information doesn't say anything about how much of the game is designed around online play, or how good the single player game is.

Top Bottom