• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Welcome to New L+A a.k.a. Read the Frakkin' Manual!

Renewed

Maybe it is an enemy at the end. The final phase has
a single Chimera but I don't know if it's THE Queen. I think it spawns adds.

Maybe it is an enemy at the end. The final phase has
a single Chimera but I don't know if it's THE Queen. I think it spawns adds.
Is that the point where
your skell fuel gets drained? If it's before, I basically did one-hit-kills on all the prior stages with a L50 Detonation Flail, so I definitely missed it.

MomoQca

Is this thread worthy?

Thanks to AtomicNess from GameFAQs, Monolith Soft posted more jobs on their front page. FYI, this is for the main studio (XC/XCX). They appear to be looking for a Character Designer and Production Designer.

Here's the translation provided by the "reliable" Google Translate:

2D designers NEW!
Work location
Tokyo Head Office (Meguro-ku, Tokyo)

Business content
<Development department>

Currently, we are recruiting the following designers.

&#9312; character designer NEW!
A person of sense and Eryoku we can deliver a new view of the world
If there is a thing that was responsible for the main character design of the work so far
If you have knowledge and experience of 3D modeling, welcome there is a background design experience

&#9313; Production Designer
(Mechanic set, art set, storyboards created), etc.

When the applicant is, &#9312; you wish, please specify the job of &#9313;.

The main use software
Photoshop / Painter / Illustrator, etc.

Qualification requirements
nothing special

Work required for the application
Illustrations, design drawing (A4 within size, 5 or more)
&#8251; genre of the subject is unquestioned. Copy is permitted.
&#8251; Please also enclosed what was printed out for the data.

Remarks
nothing special

TheMoon

Is this thread worthy?

Thanks to AtomicNess from GameFAQs, Monolith Soft posted more jobs on their front page. FYI, this is for the main studio (XC/XCX). They appear to be looking for a Character Designer and Production Designer.

Here's the translation provided by the "reliable" Google Translate:

gamedev hiring employees is not thread worthy, no.

&#9312; character designer NEW!

954afcd16c7fa2126bd5c2b03b7783fa1380938170_full.png

kunonabi

Well, I put out a call to the Japanese and English Miiverses to try and find the last blueprint I need. If that doesn't work I'll just call it quits.

Bubbins

How similar is this game to DQVIII? I'm asking because I'm about to experience a significant increase in free time and am looking to relive some JRPG nostalgia from my late childhood and finally have the time to do so(DQVIII was the last JRPG I really enjoyed and finished...er, actually that may have been Rogue Galaxy, but I digress).

TheMoon

How similar is this game to DQVIII? I'm asking because I'm about to experience a significant increase in free time and am looking to relive some JRPG nostalgia from my late childhood and finally have the time to do so(DQVIII was the last JRPG I really enjoyed and finished...er, actually that may have been Rogue Galaxy, but I digress).

I haven't played DQVIII, still I'd say "not at all" with confidence.

This is an open world "go anywhere at any time" kind of game with real-time-menu-based combat and god damn flying mechs.^^

Nothing at all like it, xenoblade chronicles x has a very open feel to it. The game is incredibly vast in its scope, but light on the story narrative. I have over 150 hours into the game and I still have tons of post game content to do. Also, you can use a classic controller to play(I preferred that the last 10 hours).

i just finished ch.3 and i feel overwhelmed with what i gotta learn about this game. i've watched a few beginner's guide vid and it still feels overwhelming. man, i just wanna unlock the skell and explore.

Greddleok

I just started this up again after months of not playing.

Apparently I was most of the way to getting a Skell Licence...so I finished that off. The Skell feels...weak. I guess I need to upgrade it somehow.

Is there a nice short guide for this game? I just want to get back on track, because I completely forgot where I am and what I need to do next.

Apparently I was most of the way to getting a Skell Licence...so I finished that off. The Skell feels...weak. I guess I need to upgrade it somehow.

Is there a nice short guide for this game? I just want to get back on track, because I completely forgot where I am and what I need to do next.

For story purposes, you can just look at your quests and see which one is the next one you need to do. For general gameplay, I found the Reddit to be pretty useful in explaining some of the systems in the game.

The free skell you get is literally the weakest skell in the game. Skell abilities can be enhanced with weapons and augments, but there's only so much you can do to prop up a level 20 skell.

Mind you, if you like finding Miranium deposits long before you're supposed to, the level 20 skell is an absolute boon.

Greddleok

That makes sense. It's great for traversal, but I feel like I do a ton more damage out of the Skell than I do in it.

On another note, once I've levelled up my chosen profession, then what? It's practically full already. Sucks if there's no more progression.

jonjonaug

That makes sense. It's great for traversal, but I feel like I do a ton more damage out of the Skell than I do in it.

On another note, once I've levelled up my chosen profession, then what? It's practically full already. Sucks if there's no more progression.
Once you max out a class you can use its weapons with other classes, the passive skills can be passed around too. The idea is to max out multiple classes so your MC can mix and match close and long range weapons and skills from different classes.

Jarlaxle

I just finished chapter 8. If I was to mainline the rest of the game how much longer would you say it would take? I kind of want to be done with this.

So I'm loving the game but I seem to have hit a bit of a speed bump. I'm at Chapter 9 and the guys that you fight there are just destroying me. You can't use Skells either. I'm level 36 and they're killing me. It also seems that a ton of the indigens that I encounter now are level 40+ and they often wreck me too. Is the only option now to grind until I hit a certain level? If so, that's a shame because the game has been pretty much grind free so far which has definitely added to my enjoyment of it. I can't even do any affinity quests either as I've started a main story chapter so I basically seem to have no other option than to slowly plod towards being a high enough level to beat these guys. Any advice or confirmation of the above would be appreciated.

You could do a bunch of normal missions, I suppose.

If you want to grind quick and make it count, get your skell, equip it with a G-Buster and mechanoid slayer augments and start killing puges in Sylvalum's Badr Basin (northeast). They drop very powerful skell weapons, including G-Busters and Phoenix, which are a good enough combo to carry you through to the endgame.

Also, attacking high level but small size enemies in a skell will jack your levels up quickly.

I'm at chapter 12 and facing the final phase of the final boss
_____Lao______
, but I always get screwed over when the Chimeras come in once his health is halfway through. Any tips? My party is me, Elma, Lin, and Murderess. We are all at around level 50.

kunonabi

Man, I'm currently crafting the ground gear and these requirements are ridiculous. Hell, I haven't even seen the Nemesis for the bunny gear materials show up. It's always the other one.

etrain911

So I just picked this up the other day but I have a problem and need advice. The internet in my area is terrible. Truly awful. So I plan on soloing the game and playing offline. Which division lends itself best to that intention? Will I still be able to change divisions? I read the manual but it only mentioned online.

So I just picked this up the other day but I have a problem and need advice. The internet in my area is terrible. Truly awful. So I plan on soloing the game and playing offline. Which division lends itself best to that intention? Will I still be able to change divisions? I read the manual but it only mentioned online.
It changes as you progress, I think, if you're not going to be online so you won't hear a consensus on it.

You could start off as Pathfinders while you explore the world, for instance, then switch to something else later on.

The offline bonuses are pretty marginal, to tell you the truth.

TheMoon

Doesn't really matter, just pick what you find interesting. Online/offline has no effect on your ability to switch whenever you want.

Jarlaxle

OK, I now have two Level 50 skells (and two 30's). The Level 50's are equipped with Phoenix and G-Buster's. I'm at level 56 while the rest of my party is level 55.

I'd really like to finish this game but am worried about the point of no return and not being strong enough for beating the final bosses. Do you think I have enough to do it?

Renewed

OK, I now have two Level 50 skells (and two 30's). The Level 50's are equipped with Phoenix and G-Buster's. I'm at level 56 while the rest of my party is level 55.

I'd really like to finish this game but am worried about the point of no return and not being strong enough for beating the final bosses. Do you think I have enough to do it?

That should actually be more than enough assuming your ground game is also good (namely Overdrive).

Jarlaxle

That should actually be more than enough assuming your ground game is also good (namely Overdrive).

Unfortunately it's not. I never really figured out how to play this game correctly (that's on me, not the game) and have basically just been brute forcing my way through. Hoping that's enough for the last chapter. I guess I'll try tonight and if that's not enough I'll just grind money for a couple more hours to pick up a 3rd level 50 skell and hope that will be enough.

Jarlaxle

No problems whatsoever with the ending. If anything I was probably a little over prepared. I enjoyed this game but not as much as the first Xenoblade. I'd love to come back to Mira though for some further explanation of what is really going on.

thundr51

Ok, thanks to the holidays I've been able to play this game a bit more and I finally hit lvl 60 and bought a lvl 50 skell . Aside for the story missions (just finished 9, I can fly now) where can I get some decent gear? I need some leveled gear(skell and ground) and I really don't want to buy anything from the shop (trying to save some money for other skells). Currently using photon saber and dual guns...from around level 30.

Ulysses 31

Ok, thanks to the holidays I've been able to play this game a bit more and I finally hit lvl 60 and bought a lvl 50 skell . Aside for the story missions (just finished 9, I can fly now) where can I get some decent gear? I need some leveled gear(skell and ground) and I really don't want to buy anything from the shop (trying to save some money for other skells). Currently using photon saber and dual guns...from around level 30.

Skell Weapons, Part Numbers, and You

I recall there being a fast travel point with puges nearby where you could farm g-busters and phoenixes in Sylvalum.

I've been watching my housemate play this lately. He's very much a "go your own way" type of gamer so I'm not offering any advice or spoilers.

It's killing me! He's almost 200 hours in and doesn't even have the flight module for his skells, but he's max level and has a bunch of level 50 skells. Just keeps jumping around slowing grinding every character he's unlocked to max affinity and level.

Painful to see him go the VERY long way around, but damn if he's not determined!

john tv

God I miss this game. Gonna dive in again next month. All I did last December was play this, so the timing feels right for a return trip to Mira to clear out the sidequest log...

TheMoon

God I miss this game. Gonna dive in again next month. All I did last December was play this, so the timing feels right for a return trip to Mira to clear out the sidequest log...

Feel free to mention it on the podcast again! Always nice to hear people talk about it which is rare because nobody in the press seems to play Japanese RPGs that aren't called Persona or Final Fantasy :/

Ok guys. me not having a ps4 or xbox and this infectious jrpg mayhem going around with ffxv (Thats not coming to pc or wiiu)

I got my sights on buying xenoblade chronociles x. But I heard a port might come to switch, I want the best experience possible cause this game looks great. So should I just just wait it out or does the wiiu version run and looks good enough?

Also a few other questions.

1: Hows the story?
2: Hows the sidequests?
3: Hows the combat and exploration?

Ok guys. me not having a ps4 or xbox and this infectious jrpg mayhem going around with ffxv (Thats not coming to pc or wiiu)

I got my sights on buying xenoblade chronociles x. But I heard a port might come to switch, I want the best experience possible cause this game looks great. So should I just just wait it out or does the wiiu version run and looks good enough?

Also a few other questions.

1: Hows the story?
2: Hows the sidequests?
3: Hows the combat and exploration?
The story has some twists and turns to it, but don't expect to come through it a changed individual. The sidequests are the real meat of the game. They're generally pretty good except for gathering quests - only accept these if you already have the items in your inventory. Affinity quests are how the bulk of the story is told outside of the main story quests.

The combat is top notch and has a lot of depth to it. The endgame is basically taking down powerful super bosses and figuring out how to do so without getting killed.

The exploration though is what made me fall in love with the game. Almost from the beginning, you're able to go anywhere and Mira is so big, you're constantly stumbling across secrets, even though you've already been playing for 100 hours. Some of my best memories of this game were of scaling some mountain long before I was "supposed to", ninja-ing my way past enemies that could one-shot my party and getting to a miranium deposit that seemed impossible to get to not twenty minutes prior.

One word of advice about the exploration - Max out your mechanical field skills first and foremost, then archaeological, then biological. You'll work out why soon.

Vecks

If you aren't in a hurry, I think you should wait and see how the switch port is first. The wii u version looks and runs fine. But there are a number of annoyances that could hopefully be fixed in the new port.

Jharp

First Xenoblade game, and still trying to get a hang of things. I'm at the Chapter 3 mission where you first
run into the sentient aliens
. I handled the fight not problem, but the very next objective has a lvl 10 creature in my path that is just wrecking me. I'm lvl 7 and I guess I should be doing side content at this point to build my party up? I have piss poor gear and weapons, and still trying to figure out what role I want to play in combat (and how to best engage combat). I also chose Prospector as my Division, which seemed to be a widely recommended beginner Division for getting BLADE points, though this early in the game, it almost seems Pathfinder might be better, since I'll be discovering so many new locations.

Also, I've been using my Pro controller for several hours, and didn't realize that there was seemingly a bunch more functionality on the tablet. Should I be using the tablet or is it just for map convenience? Do I need the tablet for probe planting? Is fast travel possible on the pro controller?

h0tp0ck3t

First Xenoblade game, and still trying to get a hang of things. I'm at the Chapter 3 mission where you first
. I handled the fight not problem, but the very next objective has a lvl 10 creature in my path that is just wrecking me. I'm lvl 7 and I guess I should be doing side content at this point to build my party up? I have piss poor gear and weapons, and still trying to figure out what role I want to play in combat (and how to best engage combat).

Elma should have a move called Shadow runner. you can target an enemy, hit that, then cancel out of combat and then just run past everything while its up

Edit: At least I think thats what it's called I haven't played in a long time lol

. I handled the fight not problem, but the very next objective has a lvl 10 creature in my path that is just wrecking me. I'm lvl 7 and I guess I should be doing side content at this point to build my party up? I have piss poor gear and weapons, and still trying to figure out what role I want to play in combat (and how to best engage combat). I also chose Prospector as my Division, which seemed to be a widely recommended beginner Division for getting BLADE points, though this early in the game, it almost seems Pathfinder might be better, since I'll be discovering so many new locations.

Also, I've been using my Pro controller for several hours, and didn't realize that there was seemingly a bunch more functionality on the tablet. Should I be using the tablet or is it just for map convenience? Do I need the tablet for probe planting? Is fast travel possible on the pro controller?
It isn't. Unfortunately the UI isn't built for anything but sitting in front of the TV with the gamepad within reach.

Elma should have a move called Shadow runner. you can target an enemy, hit that, then cancel out of combat and then just run past everything while its up

Edit: At least I think thats what it's called I haven't played in a long time lol
Ghost Walker. It will help with exploration at lower levels. You have to switch to Elma as your primary character. Be warned though that affinity won't build up while you control other characters.

Top Bottom