• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Welcome to New L+A a.k.a. Read the Frakkin' Manual!

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Ok I am stuck on the Ch.7 boss, I've died like ten times, in the skell and out. Is there some vital strategy that Im missing? I haven't lost to any story boss before this mission. Technically I am two levels behind the boss level, my gear, arts, and skills are up to date on me and my party.

Am I missing something or should I just try again later when I leveled up?

Ok I am stuck on the Ch.7 boss, I've died like ten times, in the skell and out. Is there some vital strategy that Im missing? I haven't lost to any story boss before this mission. Technically I am two levels behind the boss level, my gear, arts, and skills are up to date on me and my party.

Am I missing something or should I just try again later when I leveled up?

i beat the chapter 7 boss at lvl 28 main in skell and my other 2 out of skell they were in up to date lvl gear and weapons but i did use heavy armor that gave all the HP boosts so my characters had a nice amount of HP.

I just got this game last night as a Christmas gift. Before starting up, is there anything I should do for the best experience? Any recommendations on which controller I should use? Difficulty? Thanks!

-Horizon-

wow new thread already

I just got this game last night as a Christmas gift. Before starting up, is there anything I should do for the best experience? Any recommendations on which controller I should use? Difficulty? Thanks!
Download the data packs if you want to reduce load times. Change the camera speed because the default is pretty slow. I like using the gamepad more because when using the pro controller, you still need to have the gamepad near you anyway. Difficulty doesn't change unless you keep dying to a boss.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican

There is actually a ton of shit you need to know when starting this game... Has anyone written a "First five hours guide" yet?

Haunted

Download and install the data packs on the eshop if you have the disc version. Takes a couple hours so do that in preparation before you want to play.

Gamepad is best.

There are no difficulty settings.

Game has an extensive tutorial but a billion systems. Just go through with it, and if you don't understand something after a couple hours, the OP has helpful links.

Download and install the data packs on the eshop if you have the disc version. Takes a couple hours so do that in preparation before you want to play.

Gamepad is best.

There are no difficulty settings.

Game has an extensive tutorial but a billion systems. Just go through with it, and if you don't understand something after a couple hours, the OP has helpful links.

Thank you! I really appreciate it. I'm downloading the data packs right now on a USB drive. Super excited to get into it. I loved the first one, but could never finish it.

jobrro

Oh wow OT2. I will avoid this thread since I haven't even started Xenoblade Chronicles yet... but I bough this game day one too. That discount on XC with GamePad play ability did it for me, then the slight discount that afforded me on (a Nintendo published title... this part can not be under sold) XCX.

doop_

Banned
I ran into a little trouble.
Turns out Wii u need's an external power source for hard drives.
So i just wanted to ask if you could use two usb flash drives to install one game.
Thanks.

Mat-triX

I ran into a little trouble.
Turns out Wii u need's an external power source for hard drives.
So i just wanted to ask if you could use two usb flash drives to install one game.
Thanks.

No. You shouldn't be using Flash drives to install games period anyways. If you can't use a hard drive with external power, get a hard drive with a y-cable.

syoaran

5445545772.png

Also got mine awaiting shipment - excited!

Finalow

posting back from the first OT
before you get your flight mod

if you go out to sea you pretty much do fly over the water

I think there is more to it
the story is Lin's parents were working on a better way to fly or on this version before they died
that is what was being tested when we first met Lin

it is not like human flight was not a thing just a different version that would work better for the Skells
I don't recall the exact dialogue but in that quest I really got the feeling that no one else had idea on how to make a Skell fly before Lin's thing, which was being tested.
it'd make more sense if it was just an improvement to what they already had, I suppose. still if they could manage lengthy fights in space already, I wonder how much they needed an improvement.

doop_

Banned
No. You shouldn't be using Flash drives to install games period anyways. If you can't use a hard drive with external power, get a hard drive with a y-cable.

Damn, looks like i won't be playing this game anytime soon, thanks for the advice.

Griss

I started playing yesterday and ended up playing about 10 hours, and that's with a two-hour brunch with family and then a 6 hour Christmas dinner taking up most of the day.

Anyway, 10 glorious hours in and it's amazing how little of the stuff in the new OT's faqs I knew. So thanks to whoever did those. That said, I'm glad I tried to work everything out on my own at first.

Had a really cool experience last night when I was exploring north of Primordia. The map looks like it ends there, but there were all of these islands so I just kept going, and ended up realising it's like an archipelago that leads to a whole different continent. It was thrilling stuff.

Really not looking forward to getting my Skell, I'm terrified it's going to kill the feeling of magnificent scale in this game. Which is still blowing my mind 10 hours in.

I'm also surprised how quickly the game sends you to areas other than Primordia. I barely had a couple of quests there and then the game was sending me off to other regions. And I'm also surprised just how 'mixed' the levels of enemies are in even far flung regions. It's kind of frustrating on one hand (you die a lot), yet kind of awesome on the other. Because the enemies are clearly placed 'as if they were normal wildlife' and then the levels simply reflect how dangerous that wildlife would be. It's a novel approach, and a really interesting and immersive one.

posting back from the first OT

I don't recall the exact dialogue but in that quest I really got the feeling that no one else had idea on how to make a Skell fly before Lin's thing, which was being tested.
it'd make more sense if it was just an improvement to what they already had, I suppose. still if they could manage lengthy fights in space already, I wonder how much they needed an improvement.

most people get annoyed that Lin is a super smart 13 year old

the Flight Mod was
what her scientist parents were working on before they died that is why she wanted to finish their work

I think of it as an upgrade that ties into her story
so I look at it like she was working on Flight 2.0

as a gameplay item it works to delay the player so they learn how to control the mech on foot and limit access to some parts of the world as progression it works well for me

Golnei

Really not looking forward to getting my Skell, I'm terrified it's going to kill the feeling of magnificent scale in this game. Which is still blowing my mind 10 hours in.

It does reduce the sense of scale, but it's introduced late enough to not rob you of too much. If you pad things out, you can end up getting your first Skell 40 - 60 hours in; after exploring a fair amount of the game world on foot. And even then, the flying module which completely shrinks the size of the world comes a bit later. I think they did a fairly good job of gating each stage off, to give you some time to experience the world from a few different perspectives; and allow each to feel like a proper evolution of the last.

Wait (Nine Lives quest)
how DOES Tatsu know about Bloodhounds

He seems to know a lot of Earth words
Kitty

there was a quest where they kinda explained the language translation software
Tatsu is not speaking english as such as we hear the translation

L is the only on really trying to speak an Earth language and messing it up

not sure if I remember the explanation correctly but it would make sense that Mira has a similar creature

then again Tatsu is a clown he breaks the rules

Golnei

How do I buy new smells for my teammates? I can't find the place...

Skell Frames should be an option in the terminal you buy ground gear and Skell parts from. You have to register it to them manually in the Barracks terminal, though.

bomblord1

Banned
Only if 90% of your posts here aren't about complaining of people not reading op :p

L + A is a trick to get people to favorite your blade reports on Miiverse

That was just an example I see others repeat well... repeatedly. I'm seeing the same posts recently as I seen on Thanksgiving. Particularly the Tyrant Turkey one.

TheMoon

That was just an example I see others repeat well... repeatedly. I'm seeing the same posts recently as I seen on Thanksgiving. Particularly the Tyrant Turkey one.

I've seen people complain about the same few posts cycling through somewhere in OT1, yea.

Top Bottom