• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X - Twitter & Website updates thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

finley83

Banned
There is zero reason to think this. This is a regular ass retail release, one of their tentpole 2015 titles. Besides, it was only ghettoized in North America. It got a wide release and special edition in PAL regions.

Don't worry.

Thanks, good to know. I'm in the UK and it's still pretty expensive here - I was lucky enough to find a mint copy on ebay for £35 odd.

TheMoon

Thanks, good to know. I'm in the UK and it's still pretty expensive here - I was lucky enough to find a mint copy on ebay for £35 odd.

Well, North Americans bought up our stock because NoA took so long to announce a local release.

Mariolee

top_eyecatchp2u6j.jpg

Dem clouds.

Gorgeous.

Cosmozone

Interesting tidbits so far. Hopefully we'll find out other cool info about the story. Like about that wild B.L.A.D.E. acronym and who or whatever "Growth" is.

llehuty

Thanks, good to know. I'm in the UK and it's still pretty expensive here - I was lucky enough to find a mint copy on ebay for odd.

I hope it's also being released on the eShop, so probably the game is not going to have the same supply issues the first one had.

I bought mine for 50€ used. So worth it though.

Mory Dunz

As I'm getting closer to the end of Xenoblade, I realize that Shulk and his interactions with the other characters have been pretty enjoyable. It at least adds personality.

Having a mute customizeable main character in X...I don't think I like it.

That's my only gripe I've seen with the game.

TheMoon

I hope it's also being released on the eShop, so probably the game is not going to have the same supply issues the first one had.

I bought mine for 50€ used. So worth it though.

All Nintendo games are released on the eShop. This is the default.

rjinaz

As I'm getting closer to the end of Xenoblade, I realize that Shulk and his interactions with the other characters have been pretty enjoyable. It at least adds personality.

Having a mute customizeable main character in X...I don't think I like it.

That's my only gripe I've seen with the game.

Yeah, I mostly agree. But with good writing, it can be done right. The latest dragon age is a good example of doing it right. Even though the main character was custom, I still felt like they were an important part of the story.

Smellycat

Any idea what teaser he is referring to (that contains the alien species)?

It would be funny if it turned out to be this after all:

05-monolith-soft-2.jpg

good god noooooo

i hate that silent character stuff. can't believe they are doing it in a Xeno game. Xeno games are so story driven and silent MC is awkward as hell.
Yeah, it's one of the main things that makes me wonder if they made this decision so the multiplayer could happen...

We'll never know.

At least the rest of the cast will be good.

05-monolith-soft-2.jpg
Indeed, has anything popped up after this?

Seems a weird artstyle for Xenoblade, so it's probably something else.

TheMoon

05-monolith-soft-2.jpg

Indeed, has anything popped up after this?

Seems a weird artstyle for Xenoblade, so it's probably something else.

This again. This has been posted countless times. It's not a game. It is a recruitment ad for the Kyoto studio that houses mainly artists (MLS Kyoto works as a support studio for EAD, has no projects of their own). This was never related to a game, it's just random art. Please please please please let this die already.

How this has persisted this long is beyond me as it comes up in EVERY thread related to MonolithSoft. One would think everybody has noticed by now that they're not working on a game.

edit: nevermind. misunderstood intent.

Yeah I'm not a Fan of this either. I always liked the Main characters in Takahashi games. Even Shion.

Me neither. I vaguely remember moaning about it when it was announced too. It's very difficult to get memorable JRPG characters while having them be customisable & silent. It's not impossible: Yu Narukami (Persona 4) has a pretty large fanbase, but it still makes it a hundred times harder than it would be otherwise.

If Vyse/Shulk/Lloyd had been silent, they wouldn't have been half as memorable being empty shells who are just there for the ride, for the most part.

Yeah, if I have one worry/gripe, it's that your character is silent. It really depends how they do it and incorporate them into the story. I hope it isn't like WKC because your character in those games just stared at other characters as stuff was going on. It wasn't too bad in games like Chrono Trigger/Cross, though. It just depends on the execution. I would still prefer my character to have a voice and talk a lot though.

good god noooooo

i hate that silent character stuff. can't believe they are doing it in a Xeno game. Xeno games are so story driven and silent MC is awkward as hell.

Yeah, that has pretty much been the only thing that has me worried about the game, other then the multiplayer. Will see how it ends up in the end. Could be even worse then it seems and you don't even play as the main character and instead basically watch the events of the game though an outsiders eye like in ff12 or well ff11. For some reason I don't like that even more then having a story that can't relate to the main character because they are customizable, yet they are still the main character.

This again. This has been posted countless times. It's not a game. It is a recruitment ad for the Kyoto studio that houses mainly artists (MLS Kyoto works as a support studio for EAD, has no projects of their own). This was never related to a game, it's just random art. Please please please please let this die already.

How this has persisted this long is beyond me as it comes up in EVERY thread related to MonolithSoft. One would think everybody has noticed by now that they're not working on a game.

I think the first guy you quoted acknowledged that from the "it would be funny" comment- it'd be funny if a teaser had been hidden in what we were told was disposable recruitment ad artwork.

RPGCrazied

I really hope this makes 2015, my Wii U is collecting dust. Though I do get Smash Bros. for Christmas. That should help the drought some, but 2015 is looking bleak if this and Zelda U get delayed to 2016.

Yeah, I mostly agree. But with good writing, it can be done right. The latest dragon age is a good example of doing it right. Even though the main character was custom, I still felt like they were an important part of the story.

I have to remind myself that Chrono Trigger also had a silent protagonist.

I sure like silent protagonists better than lousy main characters with an attitude like Tidus, Vaan, etc.

And writing a likeable main character is a form of typecasting if you think about it, you don't want it to sob and think too much so you can only go down one, two... max three routes. All the other paths suck.

Specially considering you can't really touch that main characters age bracket. He's 16, always.

They might as well be silent. If you ask me, I like silent, doesn't break the pacing and the empathy with the player in ways "attitudes" do.

What I dislike the most is when a game doesn't have a suggested character name, like Shin Megami Tensei games. I don't want to give him my name for christ sake. I go to google, google that characters real name, and hence Persona 3 MC is Minato Arisato and Persona 4 MC is Souji Seta. So much better.

I've actually not started two games yet, Fantasy Life and Shovel Knight because I'm stuck in the naming screen. Well, fuck.

Can't wait for the mech info =)
Oh man 2 years or so back I could find dozen brand new copies of Xenoblade Chronicles for £20 in GAME, bought two to gift my friends for Xmas that year.

Thanks for this thread. All the behind the scenes stuff is fascinating, knowing that it's the same sort of process that made Xenoblade so good.

Buggy Loop

Im so hyped for this game. Sometimes looking at the screenshots/gifs, its hard to imagine this is a NINTENDO game, and one hell of a looker too. Their best graphic engine all internal studios combined for sure. huge open world with that kind of detail, its a first for JRPG i believe. This has been nintendo's best move (to acquire monolith soft), in a long time.

I'm cool with the character being silent as long as you have some dialog choices and have a key role in the game's events. I was alway fond of the original KOTOR games not having voice acting for the MC. Improved my connection to the character I created.

I also hope the main character is a regular Dude/Dudette. I really just want a character who has no elaborate backstory that makes them the chosen hero. It would be awesome if Elsa was chosen one and you were just a normal person who could still make a huge difference in saving the world.

Yeah I'm not a Fan of this either. I always liked the Main characters in Takahashi games. Even Shion.

I liked her but not as the main character. She was just so dumb with her actions and treated others poorly. I mean she was supposed to be to be a genius but kept making emotional and stupid decisions. She also had a trinity of issues with all the males in her life: brother, father and lover.

th4tguy

good god noooooo

Probably because you create your own MC via a character creator. The first XB game was practically an offline MMO. This one seems to be heading even more into the MMO genre. I can't say I find that appealing.

Interesting tidbits so far. Hopefully we'll find out other cool info about the story. Like about that wild B.L.A.D.E. acronym and who or whatever "Growth" is.

Interestingly, when I looked up KOS-MOS on wikipedia, I discovered that it is the abbreviation of Kosmos Obey Strategical Multiple Operation Systems (I haven't played Xenosaga). So I suppose BLADE (Beyond the Logos Destiny Emancipator) would be the new android for Xenoblade X.

L~A

[高橋]連日のツイートとなりますが、昨日ご紹介したお二方についてもう少し追加してもいいですか?(つづく)

https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/539692032717901824

[高橋](つづき)柳瀬さんについては「ガンダムOO」などでも有名なデザイナーさんですね。本作のドールのコンセプトが同一の可変フレームを使った複数のビークル形態への変形であったので、それを実現出来る方ということでお願いしました。(つづく)

https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/539692153144745984

[高橋](つづき)依頼のタイミングは、ちょうどコトブキヤさんのプラモデル「フレームアームズシリーズ」が発表されていた時期だったように記憶しています。(つづく)

https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/539692215581151232

[高橋](つづき)麦谷さんは…本作における「とある勢力」(?)のデザインラインが、日本広しといえども彼にしかデザイン出来ないものであったため、是非にとお力をお借りした次第です。(つづく)

https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/539692258287554561

[高橋](つづき)プロジェクトがスタートした当時、立川の喫茶店で最初の打ち合わせをしたことを覚えています。毎回、緻密なデザイン画を上げてきてくださるので、とても助かっています。勿論セクシー系バトルスーツ要員としてもw。こちらもお楽しみに!

https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/539692338407174144

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom