• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X: website update (April 28): Paid DLC info, online and more

L~A

Edit: I thought Gessenkou was going to post his translations here, but I haven't seen him post so here's nothing...

About DLC:

1) there’s 4 additional characters, sold 500 Yen each. They come with:

– 3 quests each
– the character itself (who knows its own special Arts and comes with blueprints for a special Doll / Skell). You can unlock it when you complete its quests.
- you also get the “Fashion Equipment” option automatically by completing the three quests of any of those four DLC characters.

Characters (not 100% sure about the transliteration of some names, though):

– HB. Special Arts “Atomic Bash” and “Frame Hand”. Doll/Skell: “POLICEMEN”.
– Boze. Special Arts “Vortex” and “Bayonet Art”. Doll/Skell: “YUMBO”.
– Yelve: Special Arts “Spirit Change” and “Powered Gunner”. Comes with a new category of weapon called “Multigun”, that allows you to switch from cannon, missile, and rifle forms.
– Axana: Special Arts “Over Spec” and “Voltage Max". Doll/Skell: “EXCAVATOR”.

2) Support DLC quests (sold 300 Yen each):

– character growth (XP) [10 quests]
– money [10 quests]
– Kizuna (relationships between the characters) [10 quests]

All those (1 + 2) will be available in a special pack sold 2 000 Yen. The first DLC will be released on May 8th

Big website update today, probably the last one.

Paid DLC info

ico_info_20150428-01.jpg

img_info_20150428-01-2.jpg

img_info_20150428-01.jpg

ico_info_20150428-02.jpg

img_info_20150428-02-2.jpg

img_info_20150428-02.jpg

ico_info_20150428-03.jpg

img_info_20150428-03-2.jpg

img_info_20150428-03.jpg

ico_info_20150428-04.jpg

img_info_20150428-04-2.jpg

img_info_20150428-04.jpg

ico_info_20150428-05.jpg

ico_info_20150428-06.jpg

ico_info_20150428-07.jpg

img_info_20150428-05.jpg

img_info_20150428-06.png

Online Quests

Video: https://youtu.be/kAuJc7a8xaI

B.L.A.D.E. Report

B.L.A.D.E. Scout

24 Hour Happy People Part 5

Mission 0 (wallpapers)

Tweets:

[高橋]ユーザーの皆様大変お待たせいたしました、いよいよ明日はXenobladeXの発売日です。僕もこの業界随分長いのですが、発売前日というのは未だに何とも言えない気分になります。

https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/592967836810641408

あちこちで言ってきたことですが、今モノリスにできることを地道に積み上げて完成したゲームです。しかしそこに込められた開発者達の熱量は並々ならないものがあると自負しています。

https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/592967883908513792

そうした熱量が遊んでくださる皆さんに少しでも伝わる作品になっていれば、それこそが開発者冥利につきるところです。是非、楽しんでプレイしてください。

https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/592968779035856896

さて、このアカウントでのモノリスからのツィートはこれをもって一旦休憩に入ります。約5か月間有難うございました。またいずれこうした機会がありましたら宜しくお願いいたします。

https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/592969009823223809

…あ、最後に!「ドール・ネットワーク編」の映像などを見て、ドールの値段が高いからなかなか買えないのではないかと心配されている方へ。ゲーム中、最初の一機は無料で支給されます。

https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/592969171673055232

ただ、性能はそれなり(というかちょいショボ)なので素のままだとちょっときついかも知れません。…皆さんがドールを手に入れるのはしばらく先のこととは思いますが、老婆心ながら呟いておきます。

https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/592969267307368448

Raide

DLC and no US/EU date? Sheesh! If we have to wait for another 6 months, this DLC should be in those versions.

Still glad to see they are supporting the game from the off.

TheMoon

Ah good, I was about to make a thread about the DLC.

Here's what I got so far (Google translate):

-----------------

img_info_20150428-05mvoo3.jpg

It appears these are four individual packs each featuring a new character seemingly with their own questline (kizuna quests) consisting of three quests. Upon completion, they will be unlocked as a possible companion character which includes unique arts for them as well as a unique Doll. Each of the four goes for ¥ 500.

There are also smaller "support DLC quests" that are available for ¥ 300 each. These appear to be available for various character levels, not sure I'm getting this right yet.

source: http://xenobladex.jp/information/index.html#info150428-02

img_info_20150428-069brqt.png

edit:

you can buy ALL of it in a bundle (all 7 packs) for 2,000 yen including tax which saves you 900 yen if you had bought them separately.

Nanashrew

Banned
Are these four characters paid DLC party members or what?

But paid DLC in general? Monolith, please.

Cross-posting Garou's post from the other thread.

4 DLC questlines, that give access to one new voiced character each. Each questline costs 500 Yen.
Also 3 support-quest DLC that give more materials/money than regular quests. 300 Yen each. The support-quests scale according to your level.

They also offer a complete DLC-pack for 2000 Yen (=900 Yen cheaper).

wanders

Huh there seems to be an instanced level in the first part of the video, kinda like Phantasy Star Online.

I was under the assumption your 4 player online squad transported to an arena or a closed off area of the over world.

Hype!

15 new quests and 4 fully voiced characters for $20 bucks seems like a pretty good deal to me, and I like all four of the character designs.

Edit: Apparently each of the 3 sub-quests has 6 variations, so it's actually 30 quests total in the bundle.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
I'm down for that DLC, I guess, depending on how well I respond to the first several hours of the game once it's out. Vergil!Albedo!YamiBakura!Shulk shall be mine. The other three can come too I guess.

mclem

15 new quests and 4 fully voiced characters for $20 bucks seems like a pretty good deal to me, and I like all four of the character designs.

As a rough frame of reference (although I suspect the chat won't be as comprehensive as Bioware's), how much was The Stone Prisoner at launch of Dragon Age for people who didn't get it as a freebie?

Zolbrod

Cross-posting Garou's post from the other thread.

Also important: 3 of the 4 character quests reward you with the blueprints and materials for a new Doll type upon completion. The remaining one apparently has some kind of unique weapon (a "multigun" that can switch between cannon, missile, and rifle forms) and a bunch of unique Arts.

Edit: You unlock the Fashion Equipment option if you haven't unlocked it already when you complete ANY of the character quest lines.

Seems pretty expensive to me. It's at the very least 1/3 of the game price in USA or Europe, if it release for 60 dollars (likely to be less...).

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
well, price seems fair, but I don't know if I'll be interested. the game seems simply HUGE from the start, so I don't know if those unknown characters means enough to me to spend money on them

Seems pretty expensive to me. It's at the very least 1/3 of the game price in USA or Europe, if it release for 60 dollars (likely to be less...).
Scaling DLC prices to core content wouldn't really turn out great for any game. As far as DLC prices go, this is pretty good IMO.

TheMoon

No, 20 bucks gets you those things plus all of the support quests, too. Also consider that prices are generally higher in Japan. Just look at the HW DLC prices compared to ours.

Stop automatically converting Yen to Dollars or Euros it's nonsensical.

Nanashrew

Banned
Also important: 3 of the 4 character quests reward you with the blueprints and materials for a new Doll type upon completion. The remaining one apparently has some kind of unique weapon (a "multigun" that can switch between cannon, missile, and rifle forms) and a bunch of unique Arts, and also unlocks the Fashion Equipment option if you haven't unlocked it already.

Ohhhh! I really like that!

According to Garou in the other topic, each of the 3 sub-quests has 6 variations, so it's actually 30 quests total in the bundle.

Also important: 3 of the 4 character quests reward you with the blueprints and materials for a new Doll type upon completion. The remaining one apparently has some kind of unique weapon (a "multigun" that can switch between cannon, missile, and rifle forms) and a bunch of unique Arts, and also unlocks the Fashion Equipment option if you haven't unlocked it already.
Wow, so new dolls, weapons and arts too? This is some beefy DLC.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member

Relative to the value of the base game (I mean, it's probably 100-300 hours of content), yeah, this is relatively expensive. For me, it depends on the quests and how big those are, and then I'll evaluate cost against general industry standards. The base game feels generous to me, while this DLC (depending on the quests) seems like it's more in-line with standard industry value propositions. Responding to your last bit of text, I will say that I see almost no chance of this game launching for less than $60.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Couldn't care less about DLC at this point... I'll probably spend +100 hours on the main game before even thinking of additional content to clear.

And that's only for the single player.

Please tell me you are joking :-/

Well I know what I'm buying tonight before starting the game.
I'm getting those for sure, the content offered seems cool, and the discount is significant as always with Nintendo DLC

wrowa

Will buy the DLC in a heartbeat, really. I don't even know whether or not I'll ever have enough time to fully explore Xenoblade X, but I feel like it's a miracle that Monolith got to develop a new game with this scale in the first place, despite Xenoblade's rather weak sales. So, I'm going to do everything to support this title. If it means paying an additional 20$, whatever, sure.

TheMoon

-_- so DLC is perfectly fine now.... If it's Nintendo apparently.

To me if DLC starts costing 1/3 game price it may as well have a season pass option for a discounted price.

DLC is always fine if the DLC is done well. Has nothing to do with "if it's Nintendo."

Plus if you wanna pull the "they cut out content!" card then you're knocking at the wrong door lol.

Well I know what I'm buying tonight before starting the game.
I'm getting those for sure, the content offered seems cool, and the discount is significant as always with Nintendo DLC
I know some people were worried when Nintendo starting getting into DLC, but for the most part I think they've shown that they offer really great value with their content. Fire Emblem Awakening, Mario Golf 3DS, Hyrule Warriors and Mario Kart 8 all had really substantial additions for a good price IMO. (A bit too early to say so for Smash Bros.) And it looks like XCX will continue this thankfully.

Especially considering the amount of core content this game already has. It's not like this is a chopped off piece they are selling for extra.

Wait, while everyone is focusing on the DLC, are those boss mechs in the second and third wallpaper? The one in the front of the third wallpaper is similar to the one in the recent story trailer. And the two at the back... Damn, they are HUGE!

Muzicfreq

Banned
As with all things ever, it depends on the content available.
If the content is expansive and really good like other games have done in the past then I'm cool with it (Borderlands and Biosock Infinite come to mind)
DLC is always fine if the DLC is done well. Has nothing to do with "if it's Nintendo."

Plus if you wanna pull the "they cut out content!" card then you're knocking at the wrong door lol.

I'm not saying they cut content but I see so many people here go nuts over preplanned DLC on other titles.

casiopao

To me if DLC starts costing 1/3 game price it may as well have a season pass option for a discounted price.

Hyrule Warriors proof that converting DLC price in JP directly is never going to get the amount we usually gets.(Hint: outside of Japan is always cheaper)

Keasar

The thing that surprises me the most is the fact that they waited until -after- the games release to talk about DLC.

I like that.

Nanashrew

Banned
If anything, Monolith Soft can fill in Xenoblade X with the ideas they couldn't fit into development or the actual disc. Iwata Asks says Takahashi set out to create an entire world at first. I wouldn't be surprised if a new continent comes one day with new monsters and quests and so on like a full expansion. There is certainly room on the map they created.

Except there is a very high chance that the dlc won't be anywhere near the same price as it is if you convert yen to anything else. There's also the fact that Japan has been getting more expensive dlc than the rest of the world, or even the same content split into more packs so they're paying more anyway if they want everything.

We also know next to nothing about a release in the West or even if said release will come with any extras to attempt to make the game more appealing here (considering the West will be by far their biggest audience even though it's likely going to do terribly everywhere in the end).

Scaling DLC prices to core content wouldn't really turn out great for any game. As far as DLC prices go, this is pretty good IMO.

I think it's great. Worked out pretty well for MK8. 50% more content for less than 50% of the price. I mean, 20€ is the price for an expansion pack, with a new region, not 4 characters and 3 quests each + cosmetics.

Relative to the value of the base game (I mean, it's probably 100-300 hours of content), yeah, this is relatively expensive. For me, it depends on the quests and how big those are, and then I'll evaluate cost against general industry standards. The base game feels generous to me, while this DLC (depending on the quests) seems like it's more in-line with standard industry value propositions. Responding to your last bit of text, I will say that I see almost no chance of this game launching for less than $60.

Relative to the value of the base game but also as what kind of content it offers.

Couldn't care less about DLC at this point... I'll probably spend +100 hours on the main game before even thinking of additional content to clear.

And that's only for the single player.

Please tell me you are joking :-/

Unfortunately, I'm not :/
Even if you take Japanese price, this is like 1/4 or 25% of the game price.

Top Bottom