• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

Xenoblade Chronicles X: website update (March. 26) - Overclock Gear, Concept-art & +

L~A

Jan 19, 2013
Another week, another update!

Positionning / Combos

Overclock Gear

Video: https://youtu.be/JFeMcHr5Lp8

B.L.A.D.E. short story part 3

Concept-art by Mr. Kazama

Screenshots

Translations:

Mkay, got the battle mechanics, OC Gear and Tatsu stuff translated. Working on the short story now, should be done in a day or so.

SatoAilDarko

Mar 3, 2013
Is the girl with the huge beast the same as the final girl when they were showing off recruitable party memories in the last big video?

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Dec 9, 2012
MGSV, Bloodborne, and this all coming out in the same year. 2015 shaping up pretty nice.

Xbro

Jan 16, 2015
Nice to see we got a new theme. Someone want to Damage Control it and make a new thread?

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
Dec 14, 2014
Mattoon, Illinois
You know you've got a great look to your game when you've got fans (OK, me, at least) sitting here thinking the finished product looks even cooler than the badass concept art.

Good music too.

Kodaman

Feb 19, 2013
I wish I could hate autotune less so I could enjoy the music.
That thing is going to ruin the soundtrack for me :/

Yarbskoo

Feb 17, 2014
Virginia
brooksstowe.wordpress.com
I like the music, and I hope at some point we get full sized versions of the art.

That bridge at the top of the tree makes me happy, because it's more evidence that they haven't used dolls as a replacement for on-foot exploration. It's much more fun and rewarding for me to climb up twisted root/vine/branch structures than just wait for a few seconds holding the fly button in a mech. I'll be spending a lot of time on foot. The small details at human level will help me better appreciate the larger overall scale at mech level.

Xbro

Jan 16, 2015
Nitpicking: I know it's supposed to look amazing, but the leaves on the tree (and their shading -- or lack thereof) are kinda off-putting. Stunning otherwise.

I'm actually not sure myself. We see other trees that look good, but this one seems to be different. Perhaps it is a different type of tree?