• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X: Wii U bundle announced for Japan + pre-loading confirmed

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Guys, once the game appears on eShop, tell us its size, please :p

L~A

Any screen of the map?

B9KlrJuCUAAHz6f.jpg:large

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
22.7 GB for an HD game with such a huge world and great quality fidelity like this?

...Am I authorized to say "MAGIC!"?

Luigiv

I hope they bring pre-loading to PAL region this time. I'll be needing it. On my connection, at 22.7GB, the games going to take between 2-3 days to download. Bloody Australian internet.

So it's actually like 21 gigs? Maybe they can include dual-audio.

That's smaller than NBA 2K13 which requires 23.7 gigs free. Bigger than Lego City's required 21.0 GB.

I bet the reason it is so comparatively small (and why dual-audio won't be standard) is so Deluxe owners can download it and still have gigs left for all of their save files and some downloadable games/patches.

ASIS

Wow that box art looks amazing. Even the color of the "Wii U" case complements the design beautifully.

Colombo

I am not much of an RPG guy so Xenoblade Chronicles wasn't for me but I do live Monster Hunter and X gives me that type of vibe. Count me in!

What controller options are supported according to Japanese Eshop page? They are emphasizing Gamepad use but off-tv play is an option.

Zornica

Banned
we are only a few months away from launch and yet they haven't said anything about the online stuff...
I wonder if we'll get a whole presentation on that?

L~A

we are only a few months away from launch and yet they haven't said anything about the online stuff...
I wonder if we'll get a whole presentation on that?

During today's presentation, they said they'd tell us how to survive "next time"... so there's definitely more presentations scheduled.

Peltz

I'm impressed. It really seems like Nintendo is giving this game the full treatment that it deserves. From a critical perspective (not necessarily a sales perspective), this series is really an important part of their lineup. It probably got the same development budget as a 3D Mario game or console Zelda.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
That boxart is GORGEOUS.

Whoever has been designing Nintendo boxarts for Wii U needs a serious raise. I've continually been impressed with every new reveal and X is no exception.

Zenaku

22.7GB includes space needed for installation. Actual data size is exactly 19,950MB.

Not sure how much data will need to be downloaded on launch day though.

Effect

I hope people see how serious Nintendo is about this game. Nintendo hasn't done many bundles and for this to get one is great.

That boxart is GORGEOUS.

Whoever has been designing Nintendo boxarts for Wii U needs a serious raise. I've continually been impressed with every new reveal and X is no exception.

Agreed, the framing, the cooler, (as in temp), color tones, use of scale, and getting all of the main aspects of the game into one image. Just masterful, my favorite since FE Awakening's boxart.

ironcreed

Banned
What? Japan can pre-load today and it does not release until the end of April? Lucky for them. Hopefully we get a North America date soon.

Top Bottom