• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.

Xenoblade coming to the U.S. via Gamestop Exclusive (also avail on Nintendo.com)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 16, 2009

Credit to my homeboy Daegan for spotting it!

Frankly, Im excited for Men in Black III. His tweet on it also woke me up for my Doctor's appointment.

It's cool Kotaku, Destructoid steal our news!

Effect

Jun 15, 2007
If true I'm there. I will put aside my issues with GameStop (which strangely has started recently for some reason. Not worth the effort anymore to dislike them I guess.) to get this.

I don't even care if it's just the PAL version just made to run on a NTSC Wii. I'm there regardless.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Aug 24, 2007
I'll buy it at a high price.

I hope they keep the awesome voice acting from the PAL version.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Mar 10, 2011
theflyingthoughtsblog.wordpress.com
...Gamespot exclusive?

...And we were angry towards Activision and co. for their retailer-exclusive DLC.... this time, we have a retailer-excluisve WHOLE GAME!!!

Father_Brain

Banned
Jun 7, 2004
New York, NY
Over seven months after a substantial portion of the audience informed enough about JRPGs to care has already imported the PAL version? Well, at least this indicates something vaguely resembling a newfound streak of sanity on NoA's part - makes no sense not to at least do a limited NTSC print run when the localization costs have already been paid for.

Dragon

Banned
Jul 7, 2007
Wait what? There has to be a story behind this. Gamestop doing something good for the video game industry????

Takao

Banned
Mar 19, 2009
Toronto, Canada
...Gamespot exclusive?

...And we were angry towards Activision and co. for their retailer-exclusive DLC.... this time, we have a retailer-excluisve WHOLE GAME!!!

Retailer exclusive games are not a new thing. I remember a Beast Wars N64 game being Blockbuster exclusive in the 90s.

erragal

Jul 2, 2009
...Gamespot exclusive?

They're probably fronting some (maybe most?) of the cost of releasing it here.

thuway

Feb 25, 2008
Finally. Goddamn. At this rate I expected an HD-Re-release on Wii U's launch.

Status
Not open for further replies.