• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade coming to the U.S. via Gamestop Exclusive (also avail on Nintendo.com)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Over seven months after a substantial portion of the audience informed enough about JRPGs to care has already imported the PAL version? Well, at least this indicates something vaguely resembling a newfound streak of sanity on NoA's part - makes no sense not to at least do a limited NTSC print run when the localization costs have already been paid for.

I imagine it'll hurt sales a bit and I imagine there'll be a good percentage of people that may have bought that title that just opted for piracy instead.

Doesn't matter for me though. This release is great news.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Great news, now more people can play it and when Takahashi's Wii U game is announced it won't be filled with posts about NoA not bringing over Xenoblade.

I'll buy it at a high price.

I hope they keep the awesome voice acting from the PAL version.
There's no reason not to, it being a limited release reinforces that.

mclem

Awaiting announcement that Layton's London Life will be coming as a free download to the EU eShop...

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
The game is terrible why would anybody want to buy it? Reggie should cancel this.

McNum

Wait what? There has to be a story behind this. Gamestop doing something good for the video game industry????
It might be as simple as enough people have asked for the game at enough Gamestops that they're willing to help get an official US version out. Do we know if Gamestop actually does that kind of thing? If they're exclusive with it, they can just use their own distribution network, after all.

And of course we're not crying. At least, I'm not. I'm happy that you guys get the best JRPG in a long time.

Desmond

So, are those Europeans who gloated crying yet?

Lol, I'm European and I haven't bought it yet
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Meier

That's awesome! It was totally worth importing (especially since it ended up costing less than $50 from The Hut) but I'm happy more people will get to play it easily now.

Entitlement generation. Can't be said enough.
Basically this - some of the replies in here are spit-take worthy. "Wait... so we complained and complained and petitioned and Nintendo listened?... well.... THEY SHOULD HAVE LISTENED SOONER 2012 WTF LOL REGGIE IS DUM."
This is too much for me so early in the morning.

Khezu

Neat, wanted to try this but too lazy to fuck with my wii.

Hopefully it lives up to the ridiculous hype.

qq more

I hope it sells well enough that NoA considers bringing more titles here. Seriously, the Wii is a wasteland next year..

Also, question to those who imported the game: Would you buy the US version just to support it?

Hey NOA, how about GS exclusives for Inazuma Eleven, Jam with the Band, Disaster and NPC Pikmin 2 while you're at it?

Retailer exclusive games are not a new thing. I remember a Beast Wars N64 game being Blockbuster exclusive in the 90s.

Not a new thing for Nintendo even iirc, wasn't Chibi-Robo DS a Wal-mart exclusive?

I'm REALLY glad more people get to play it but...holy shit is this real life?

I imported it, but I'd gladly double dip.

Berordn

So is the whole game a Gamestop exclusive or is this hypothetical SKU just an exclusive bundle? I have no idea how these things work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom