• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade coming to the U.S. via Gamestop Exclusive (also avail on Nintendo.com)

Status
Not open for further replies.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Even though I imported it from euroland and hate Gamestop, will buy! And will tell all my friends too lazy to import :p

Korigama

No, just that it seems to be arbitrarily GameStop exclusive, a company that many would rather jump off a bridge than support in any way.
I'm fine with buying from GameStop if I have no other choice in respect to retail options (i.e., most Atlus and Aksys releases). I'll get over being pissy at NoA soon enough.

I already imported the PAL version and sank 125 hours into it. No chance of me supporting it here. Not buying it again. :/

NoE sales: +1
NoA sales: -1

RPGCrazied

A little to late. Unless its gets some sort of CE, I'll stay with my EU copy. I guess Nintendo saw the sells in EU and freaked, now they want a piece of the pie. Can't say the sells will be as good as if they didn't wait, an released it with the EU version.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
The game is terrible why would anybody want to buy it? Reggie should cancel this.

Just slap a scrotum on the cover and call it good then why don't you!

And the game is pretty damn good. I don't import anything anymore and I procrastinate and haven't played it a lot (recently) but it's damn good. Probably the best JRPG this gen and that's not hyperbole.

Effect

I was holding off on the import just to see what would be release the first half of 2012. Figured after Zelda something would be said. If not then I was going to finally import after I was done with Skyward Sword. Glad I did wait if this is true. While easy I just didn't want to brew my system for an import. My birthday is in April so this will be a great present for myself. :)

Fuck, I want this game but I don't like this trend. We've gone from horrible exclusive pre-order content to now exclusive whole games? What's next, Xbox Infinity Gamestop exclusive?

TheMan

waaahh i don't want to give gamestop money, waaaahhh

It's not like gamestop gets its goods from sweatshops staffed by asian 5 year olds who work 15 hours a day. We're talking about the US release of one of the most acclaimed JRPGS of the last few years. There was much wailing and gnashing of teeth when no release was annouced before, and now this? Just be happy it's coming!

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Pretty awesome, but probably a band-aid on a bullet wound.

NOA's reaction to Project Rainfall basically boiled down to "No, now stop bugging us" and then they went into total radio silence. Many of those who were most interested in it understandably wrote off a US release and imported it and/or hacked their Wiis.

Now it won't sell worth a damn and NOA will only be emboldened in their lust for refusing localizations. "See, people said they wanted it, and we gave it to them, and then no one bought it! We can't trust what the fans say they want!"

Derrick01

Banned
I kind of want to get it just to see what people were freaking out over in a jrpg but alas...no wii.

Maybe when wiiU comes out.

ultron87

I somehow feel like giving Gamestop money in support of this specific business decision that is great for gamers and not for anything else would send the correct message.

Luigiv

At first I thought this may have been an unofficial import type situation (like what JB HiFi did with S&P2 here in Australia) but then I remembered that the Wii is region locked and realised that would prevent such an event from happening (GS can't exactly tell people how to hack their systems).

Looks like your bitching has paid off America. I'm guessing PAL sales would have had an influence on the decision too (the decision being made that late would fit nicely with the April release date).

I'm guessing from the fact that it's a GS exclusive means it's going to be a very low budget localisation with a limited release, so I assume it'll just be the PAL version with the region encoding changed and some minor spelling changes made for the English, Spanish, French text.

Anyway, I just completed the game earlier this weak, myself. I highly recommend it to pretty much anyone with a passing interest in Japanese games and RPGs.

Fuck, I want this game but I don't like this trend. We've gone from horrible exclusive pre-order content to now exclusive whole games? What's next, Xbox Infinity Gamestop exclusive?
I think "trend" is a strong word. It's one game that's exclusive (maybe, could just be an exclusive bundle for all we know) and it's a game that stores like Target, Wal-Mart, etc. would likely balk at carrying anyway (or at least NOA is their vast wisdom thinks won't sell at traditional big box retailers).

mclem

Clearly this is all really a ploy so they can justify it being branded as "The finest JRPG of the year - three years running!"

Meier

If it's a game never coming out or a retailer probably ponying up some cash to help incentivize its release, what would you choose? There's no way Gamestop is doing this out of the good of their heart.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Not to be outdone, Modern Warfare 4 to be ground up, distributed in our water supply.

LOL BRILLIANT, SHIP THAT SON OF BITCH NOW

And is there anything unique for the US? I know we only see a listing but I hope the VA is redone or we get dual audio. Or at last something that will make a double dip worthwhile.

alf717

Any word on if this is just an import or an actual US release. I recall EB doing the same thing years back with Shenmue 2 for Dreamcast if I'm not mistaken it was the European version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom