• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade coming to the U.S. via Gamestop Exclusive (also avail on Nintendo.com)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterHero

There's so much dialogue in Skyward Sword that I'd totally belive that NoA is still translating it, even as I play the game. I'm amazed this happened.

"I'LL KIIILLL YOOOOUUU!"

damn, epic VA

Shiggy

But will you get the CC Pro in red?

41YAK8SCL9L._AA300_.jpg

zigg

Do you mean to tell me that I'm the only NeoGAF user that isn't down with the whole hacking their Wii thing?

I thought I was alone.
I'm in there too, mostly because I didn't see enough value in it to bother and then have to deal with extra work every time there were updates, or risk not being able to get a factory repair, etc.

I just didn't bother trumpeting it. I've got no problem with people who've made the decision that's it's worth their time to do it in exchange for some gain.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
What, Fortune Street and Mario Party 9 not good enough for you?
I want both of those, actually (local multi-player for the win).

But having a few core games for 2012 after people are coming down from Zelda is probably a very smart move, despite how much the wait hurt for a lot of us.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
That is true, that is exactly how every single person who disagreed with Nintendo of America's actions reacted. It is uncanny how you reproduce it so faithfully.

So what's happening is that you're "teaching them a lesson" by proving their stance... in the first place?

Cactus

Banned
April 2012? That's not too bad.

I have to decide whether I should unseal my Euro version and keep my American version sealed when I buy it or vice-versa. I can't believe I haven't gotten a chance to play this yet despite owning it for months :(

Man, that red CC Pro looks delicious. It would go nicely with my black one.

This is such great fucking news. Somehow I still had hope that we would see a NA release, and glad to see it come true. This game seems so up my alley it isn't even funny. Oh, and the damn music alone... god.

yyyyyyeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Gonna finally get started on Xenosaga over winter break

I hope it's not too "Gamestop exclusive" for my Amazon preorder.

Leeness

Lmao at the spoilers in the trailer.

Let's just go with end-game spoilers.
So many shots of Mechon Fiora, and a shot of Meyneth.

Nintendo Press Site said:
XENOBLADE CHRONICLES COMING TO NINTENDO'S WII CONSOLE IN SPRING

Dec. 2, 2011

It's man vs. machine in a new game coming to Nintendo's Wii™ console in spring. Xenoblade Chronicles™ asks players to use the Monado blade to take on a seemingly endless series of invading Mechon robots in a sweeping role-playing adventure.

The main character is Shulk, a weapons researcher who must confront the Mechon by wielding the ancient Monado blade. It's the only weapon that has any effect against the Mechon, and it also enables Shulk to see the future.

Players can customize their characters with a variety of weapons and armor choices, as well as headgear, boots and gloves. As in many role-playing games, players can then gain experience and upgrade their characters. Players can watch their enemies, learn their tactics and unleash real-time counterattacks.

The vast open world of Xenoblade Chronicles is ripe for exploration. Players can avert their focus from the main story and venture out looking for other challenges and side quests. Hidden areas and unique monsters are scattered throughout the game's massive world, which players can explore freely.

Xenoblade Chronicles has already launched in Japan and Europe, and has received unanimously positive reviews, including several perfect scores.

Xenoblade Chronicles will be available exclusively through U.S. GameStop retail locations, http://www.gamestop.com and http://www.nintendo.com at a suggested retail price of $49.99 in the United States. Additional information about the game will be announced in the future. For more information, visit http://xenobladechronicles.nintendo.com.

Soooo happy right now!

In all seriousness folks, with it using the British dub, you could be playing the same game at the same price right now. If you have some aversion to Modding, to each his own I guess. There's a lot of great stuff out there for the Homebrew Channel though, and it really is incredibly simple and quick.

BY2K

Membero Americo
I'm serious, you Americans who imported the game better not go "Oh, but I already imported it, too bad" and not buy a US version.

I don't want Nintendo coming back and saying: "But the game didn't sell nearly as good as in Europe or Japan." When there's another game we don't get.

YOU BUY THIS GAME, the US version, HERE. I'm serious.

MechaX

Not if you kick that annoying bastard out of your party.

And you should.

"Man, what a
bunch of
Joker
s
"

I'm serious, you Americans who imported the game better not go "Oh, but I already imported it, too bad" and not buy a US version.

I don't want Nintendo coming back and saying: "But the game didn't sell nearly as good as in Europe or Japan." When there's another game we don't get.

While I probably will double dip (or at least hope someone makes it possible to make PAL saves compatible with the NA version so I can just do my NG+ playthrough) that's... pretty much the risk Nintendo made for themselves by not release it when it was more advantageous to them. If it's in the position where people have to double dip, then the releaser timed something wrong.

Emitan

In all seriousness folks, with it using the British dub, you could be playing the same game at the same price right now. If you have some aversion to Modding, to each his own I guess. There's a lot of great stuff out there for the Homebrew Channel though, and it really is incredibly simple and quick.

I'm waiting because I want more games in NoA.

Zwei

There's a lot of great stuff out there for the Homebrew Channel though, and it really is incredibly simple and quick.

Agreed. (I fucking love Ocarina Cheat)

Plus, with my modded Wii, I can now play real Europe exclusives like Another Code Z, Last Window, and Disaster. I regret nothing!

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Lmao at the spoilers in the trailer.

Let's just go with end-game spoilers.
So many shots of Mechon Fiora, and a shot of Meyneth.

To be fair though, you're really not going to recognize any of that if you don't know anything about the game unless you're studying every minute detail of the trailer.

Foffy

Banned

I'm doing my part to get my friends to buy the game. I will be pretty peeved at the few who would moan about Nintendo of America sucking a dozen dicks, only to not buy the game when it launches. They're not going to fix the dickitude if they do that.

Dead

well not really...yet
I'll probably rebuy it, but it would be amazing if Nintendo offered that Monado Archives artbook that Nintendo France gave out as a pre-order incentive

so if this game has the british dub...why is it taking them so long to release it here? If all they're doing is removing u's, that shouldn't even take a week.

oh, marketing ploy to release wii games in 2012 you say? Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom