• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade |OT| Sorry I Kept You Waiting!

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Holy crap, I can't believe I am seven days away from finally playing this. :0

Also, just in time for me to finish up Kid Icarus and move most of gaming times towards this. I imagine this will be taking a lot of time that I should be using for studying away..... Not sure if that is a good or bad thing.

NeededSleep

The gf made me a papercraft Riki for my bday last year, the detail was amazing, too bad no fish head weapon though. Its in the display case next to the PAL version. \o/

Ready for playthrough 2! Hope they kept the EU voices. Was nice snd refreshing to not hear Mr North in a game.... I can already hear what time it is!

Leeness

Beautiful OT is beautiful :')

Happy day that everyone finally gets to have this game.

Also, totally off topic, but I'm newish to Wii emulation and such, other than playing EU XB on my NA Wii. Mother 3 emulation in English on my Wii. Possible? If it's a long explanation, just PM me. :D

Anth0ny

I can't wait til next week.

You guys have hyped this to high heaven. So to say I'm expecting something great is an understatement.

I hope you guys are right.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
BTW, the thread title gets funnier and funnier everytime I see. But maybe that's because my brain is almost overwhelmed with thinking about how awesome Kid Icarus is....

Codeblue

You guys have hyped this to high heaven. So to say I'm expecting something great is an understatement.

It met my expectations when I heard the main theme for the first time on the "press start" screen.

It seriously is amazing, but don't expect something mind blowing from the story.

Beautiful OT is beautiful :')

Happy day that everyone finally gets to have this game.

Also, totally off topic, but I'm newish to Wii emulation and such, other than playing EU XB on my NA Wii. Mother 3 emulation in English on my Wii. Possible? If it's a long explanation, just PM me. :D

You're too kind. ;)

If you've already installed homebrew, ask around this thread for the best GBA emulator. All you really need is the emulator and the patched ROM on your SD card and you're set.

Edit: And for anyone who hasn't already, there are plenty of great reasons to install the Homebrew Channel on your Wii. Use Clipper's guide:

NeededSleep

Just hang tight till you get out of the first town/cave. Thats when I realized I was going to become permanently attaches to my chair for the next 114+ hours I enjoyed with this game.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
This is the first time I've ever bought the same game three times from three seperate regions in the generation the game was released.

Also I was going to dig up my old post about gem crafting but it looks like you did the thing proper. Excellent op.

THIS IS THE MONADO'S TRUE POWER.

Leeness

You're too kind. ;)

If you've already installed homebrew, ask around this thread for the best GBA emulator. All you really need is the emulator and the patched ROM on your SD card and you're set.

Edit: And for anyone who hasn't already, there are plenty of great reasons to install the Homebrew Channel on your Wii. Use Clipper's guide:

ilu <3 Thank you.

YES YES YES!! Got it fully paid off at Gamestop.

Currently on page 182 of the European OT. I'm on pins and needles to see when (if) RPGCrazied gets his copy!

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I haven't played my Wii in months (possibly a year), but reading through this thread is actually making me consider buying this game. It's good to know I can jump in without having to be familiar with the other games that came before it.

cajunator

Banned
I dont even know how the fuck to play an JRPG but I preordered this game because of the music and because IT IS SO GODDAMNED FUCKING BEAUTIFUL.

Wish I could pick this up on amazon.com or something, but I'll probably go to a gamestop this weekend and preorder it (guess I'll just have to put up with their shit just this once).

Also, I don't own a classic controller. Is it recommend that I get one, or does the wiimote and stick work fine?

Eusis

Baten Kaitos Origins on the GC buddy.

Tales of Symphonia was easily better than the Baten Kaitos games.
Did consider Skies of Arcadia (though that's DC native...) and Tales of Symphonia, but I never stayed glued to SoArc to the end, and I found ToS good but not AMAZING, maybe because I played through Tales of Eternia very shortly beforehand. Never did get through BKO though, really ought to one of these days.

At least you said console and not handheld
Mother 3 <3

Also, Paper Mario:TTYD am cry.
Yeah, the DS alone ensures there's enough strong competition there (though I don't think I liked any DS RPG more than Xenoblade), nevermind when you factor in Mother 3 from the GBA.

mrgone

Yep. I've already ranted about this in the other thread. Leaves my online pre-order in a situation where it will not be delivered until Tuesday at the earliest.

Bullshit.

I haaate that easter double-long weekend. The time off as a kid was nice, but as an adult it's always wreaking havoc with something or other.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I think i havent played a JRPG since...the Gamecube days.

Will be nice to play one again.

I'm expecting this to be the JRPG of the generation, GAF. Many of have you have made it to be like so, as well as people from other sites. Well, Lost Odyssey and Vesperia are up there for me - let's see how Xenoblade will stack up.

YES YES YES!! Got it fully paid off at Gamestop.

Currently on page 182 of the European OT. I'm on pins and needles to see when (if) RPGCrazied gets his copy!
teehee

His enthusiasm was honestly pretty amazing. What a saga!

I haven't played my Wii in months (possibly a year), but reading through this thread is actually making me consider buying this game. It's good to know I can jump in without having to be familiar with the other games that came before it.

Do it. You won't regret it. There is enough content to last a very long time, and it's a great excuse to bust out the Wii. It also doesn't look too bad on an HDTV in 480p.

Wish I could pick this up on amazon.com or something, but I'll probably go to a gamestop this weekend and preorder it (guess I'll just have to put up with their shit just this once).

Also, I don't own a classic controller. Is it recommend that I get one, or does the wiimote and stick work fine?

Mote'n'chuck work just fine, and some prefer it. There are positives and negatives to both schemes, check the first question in the FAQ in the OP for a slightly better explanation.

Top Bottom