• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade |OT| The Adventure Begins

Sophia

The person doing the live stream just said it had an online component....

Broadcaster undoubted_prophet: too bad my wii isnt connected to the internet
animespora: this game has online?0_o
Broadcaster undoubted_prophet: yes
animespora: holy mother of god.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
It doesn't, or the WFC logo would be on the site and on the box. The bonds and tension systems are made for single-player gameplay anyway.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Willy105 said:
Well, for the past decade, RPG's have been getting further into stats and production values.

So for a game in a genre to be so open like this is very jarring.
Exactly, a game where exploration might actually mean something looks wonderful to me.

Liking the live stream so far. Gameplay certainly doesn't seem for everybody, but I can already tell I'll really like it.

Marrshu said:
The person doing the live stream just said it had an online component....

Broadcaster undoubted_prophet: too bad my wii isnt connected to the internet
animespora: this game has online?0_o
Broadcaster undoubted_prophet: yes
animespora: holy mother of god.

What what?
Is it just like item trading or something more like WKS?

Sophia

I have no clue. Maybe he was mistaken for something else. I don't have an account to ask him. :lol

Dude just got his butt handed to him by a level 75 mob. That was hilarious.

The_Technomancer said:
Exactly, a game where exploration might actually mean something looks wonderful to me.

Same here. Not only exploration, but sometimes exploration just for exploration's sake alone. Takahashi stated that they're creating places in the game world that exist just to inspire awe, like, "Wow, I can't believe this place exists."

Their philosophy is that everything the player does should have some reward, including exploring.

CryingWolf said:
Same here. Not only exploration, but sometimes exploration just for exploration's sake alone. Takahashi stated that they're creating places in the game world that exist just to inspire awe, like, "Wow, I can't believe this place exists."

Now that's pretty cool. I would sometimes just spend hours exploring in Shadow of the Colossus and finding these awesome locales.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
heliosRAzi said:
Now that's pretty cool. I would sometimes just spend hours exploring in Shadow of the Colossus and finding these awesome locales.
Yup. A good story and solid combat are icing on the cake for me. (Albeit very delicious lemon icing)
I just want to run around in this gorgeously realized (if sometimes technically lacking) and importantly seamless world, just exploring it all.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Watching the stream and its the first footage I've witnessed of it. Battle system looks pretty interesting.

Sophia

This guy is either insanely bad, or this game is insanely hard. This is like, what, the 5th time he's died to regular mobs since I started watching?

No character switching in battle (Party Leader goes down = you lose), but you can switch out of battle.

speedpop

I think he just sucks.

Though these characters are getting hit hard at times. Like, 1/5th of their health going down on some hits :lol

Marrshu said:
This guy is either insanely bad, or this game is insanely hard. This is like, what, the 5th time he's died to regular mobs since I started watching?

No character switching in battle (Party Leader goes down = you lose), but you can switch out of battle.

People who live stream are ALWAYS bad.
It's like... a law of nature or something.

Sophia

Probably. He doesn't seem to get the concept of preventing someone's death VIA the future. The boss battles look downright amazing, however.

speedpop

Game seems to be a mixture of Soma Bringer, FFXII, and a few MMOs here or there. Glad to see it has a sense of speed throughout encounters, even though the battles themselves last a while (possibly to complete a few rotations in a characters ability).

Looks like loot whores are going to enjoy it a lot.

Cep

Banned
cosmicblizzard said:
So anyone playing it now that didn't like FF12 but likes this game? Just want to know if there's any reason I should get my hopes up.

Really now, the game does not look anything like FF12 beyond the 'MMO' base that it uses.

I am sure that other aspects of 12 probably bothered you a lot more than just the base system.

Cep said:
Really now, the game does not look anything like FF12 beyond the 'MMO' base that it uses.

I am sure that other aspects of 12 probably bothered you a lot more than just the base system.

I honestly don't even know anymore. I want to say the MMO base is what bothered me the most but it could've just as likely been the atmosphere/story/world/characters.

I will say that the field looks amazing and I might end up buying the game just for that as long as there's some way to travel quickly through places you've been.

Cep

Banned
cosmicblizzard said:
I honestly don't even know anymore. I want to say the MMO base is what bothered me the most but it could've just as likely been the atmosphere/story/world/characters.

I will say that the field looks amazing and I might end up buying the game just for that as long as there's some way to travel quickly through places you've been.

Yeah the field is also the main reason why I am even considering getting the game.

The nakedly shounen-like story is scaring me away though...

anaron

cosmicblizzard said:

There is a warp feature that allows you to do so I believe.

ILikeFeet

Banned
EatChildren said:
FINALLY the most important screenshots are out.

2n9yl5l.jpg

f20k5t.jpg
I know I'm late to this, but Fiorun looks hot in that bikini! Carna doesn't look bad either, but she doesn't hold a candle to Fiorun

I given up on wondering about their feet

ILikeFeet said:
I know I'm late to this, but Fiorun looks hot in that bikini! Carna doesn't look bad either, but she doesn't hold a candle to Fiorun

I given up on wondering about their feet

BAM?

The_Technomancer said:
I think it has to do with timed special attacks or something. Thats just speculation on my part though.

You press it to give encouragement to your allies, raising their tension when they're down. There are other uses, but I believe it's always for this general reason.

(I haven't played the game yet -- just going based off Famitsu info)

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Cep said:
Yeah the field is also the main reason why I am even considering getting the game.

The nakedly shounen-like story is scaring me away though...
I don't see why that would be a bad thing (but then again I like shounen shows and games like Blue Dragon, and I'm looking forward to Last Ranker because it's tag-line is to be an "adult" variation on the shounen fighting theme), but it looks to aiming for a bit of an older group than the shounen audience, or the age group most shounen shows try to appeal to anyway.

Nairume

Banned
These live streams have pretty much alieviated any fears I had about Xenoblade. It looks to be nothing short of a really fun game to play. However, it did add a minor fear, in that the presence of jumping means that we might have another Tower of Babel on our hands. :lol

biocat

Netto-kun said:
I'll play it uh, after I have gotten all the stars in SMG2 (halfway through). Or I'll play this and SMG2 on and off.:lol

SSL22165.jpg

Nice! I got the soundtrack as well.

It's still in the wrapping, though, and I probably won't have time to play at all until tomorrow. :(

Shirokun

Did my part.

aevfy1.jpg

No impressions for a while, unfortunately.

And thanks for the livecast, DJ. The game looks pretty sweet so far

Some people in the RedSun stream said it's been announced to be shown at E3...anyone can confirm this? I can't find any solid info.

biocat

Mockingbird said:
Is it inside the soundtrack or gamecase or something? Pics please.

It was in front of the store for me with a small sign saying one per customer. If there was a different illustration card, I do not know.

I'll try and take a pic later.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Thunder Monkey said:
Really...

Ummm... that looks really fucking good.
The game looks pretty nice in the screen shots in the adriansang article. But i'm somehow worried the game will look blurry as on my HD-TV.:lol

Top Bottom