• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade (Wii, Monolithsoft x Nintendo) Information Thread

duckroll

60l.jpg

Official Site: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/sx4j/index.html

Previously announced at E3 2009 as Monado, this is Tetsuya Takahashi's next major RPG project due for release on the Wii in Japan in Spring 2010.

Source: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/library/events/100129/06.html

Awesome pic:

21ax1ea.jpg

He really can't let go of the Xeno-prefix but I like it actually better than Monado. I suppose Soraya Saga is also going to work on this? Sadly I didn't like the E3-Trailer all that much but I'm not losing all hope for this, it's Takahashi after all. Do we know when we're going to get more information on this?

Edit: Absolutely love the music on the official site and HOLY FUCK at the picture in the OP :lol

That pic looks way better aesthetically than what we've seen so far. It looked okay but like it could use some polish, which is hopefully what they've done.

I'm not too familiar with the "Xeno-" series, but this new name and the parties involved seem to hint pretty strongly that its somehow related, do they not?

HOLY SHIT at that image!

I haven't noticed the Monado announcement at all! Was it known as a Monolith game back then?
Edit: Remember it after watching the trailer again... not a very good trailer, really hope they have improved it by now.

Can't fucking wait!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Hopefully it looks nothing like the abortion that was the E3 video.

Buggy Loop

wait, thats just monado's rename i think, google translate

As for the Wii, at E3 last year, the officials said it tentatively called 『monad, by making full-scale RPG's Monorisusofuto soft』 to 『Zenobureido will release in spring 2010.
As Mr. Tetsuya Takahashi 手Gakeru 渾身 Ichisaku of developed now that the naming Zenoshirizu 』and『 Zenobureido

Hopefully its been revamped much, that blade on the official site is the same as monado's iirc.

That looks ... nothing like Monado. That's a good thing, but I hope the game has also changed accordingly.

At least it looks like they are putting Monolithsoft to good use. A new RPG is always welcomed.

duckroll

farnham said:
Disaster day of crisis is good

It might be good, but I don't think people follow Monolithsoft and Tetsuya Takahashi because of action games. Soma Bringer was fantastic, and I can't wait to see what they do on their return to the home console scene.

Yes!!!!!, Tetsuya is back. I hope they let him finish in case this is a saga and not only a game. Square and Namco fucked previous Xeno games. I hope Mitsuda is the composer.

duckroll said:
It might be good, but I don't think people follow Monolithsoft and Tetsuya Takahashi because of action games. Soma Bringer was fantastic, and I can't wait to see what they do on their return to the home console scene.
It's been a while, Monolithsoft made a pretty damn good engine for the PS2, I replayed Xenosaga I late last year and it still looked great, I'm sure they will make something that looks shit hot on the Wii.

Luigiv

For those of you who prefer the name Monado, rejoice.
Unless you're a PAL gamer :(.

newgam.jpg

God Photobucket sucks.

Sophia

Unknown Soldier said:
/me sits up and pays attention

I've been listening to it for several times over already. It really sounds like Kajiura's style, and similar to the slowpaced tracks she did for Xenosaga 3.

duckroll

Nibelung Valesti said:
Meh... Takahashi, pray chaos you're not using the Xeno- prefix just to attract your fans on some shit >_<

Soma Bringer is every bit a "Xeno" game too, for fans who care. This will be no different. Any game personally produced by Takahashi feels the same, from XG all the way to SB. Actual story connections to XG or XS doesn't matter, the nature of the themes and in-depth character personalities and backstories are why I love his work, and he has never really disappointed in that aspect before.

Sophia

duckroll said:
Actual story connections to XG or XS doesn't matter, the nature of the themes and in-depth character personalities and backstories are why I love his work, and he has never really disappointed in that aspect before.

I wonder if they'll use the Enneagram for character personality types again? It's one of the things I really liked about the characters in Xenogears/Xenosaga.

And we are sure this was previously Monado? Because they already showed a proper trailer for Monado and now they are "unveiling" it again? Under a different name? And suddenly tied to a Meta-series like Xeno?

Top Bottom