• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade (Wii, Monolithsoft x Nintendo) Information Thread

farnham

Banned
I should be doing hw said:
It's been a while, Monolithsoft made a pretty damn good engine for the PS2, I replayed Xenosaga I late last year and it still looked great, I'm sure they will make something that looks shit hot on the Wii.
i think a lot of people would disagree.. but i personally like what monolith did with baten kaitos.. 2d backgrounds but artistic to no end...

Luigiv said:
For those of you who prefer the name Monado, rejoice.
Unless you're a PAL gamer :(.

newgam.jpg

God Photobucket sucks.
You didn't notice the 'temp' by the name? I would hardly take this listing as fact.

farnham said:
i think a lot of people would disagree.. but i personally like what monolith did with baten kaitos.. 2d backgrounds but artistic to no end...
I'm a graphics whore and I saw nothing at fault with Xenosagas engine for a PS2 game. If the graphics weren't as good as they were I really don't think I would have sit through the hours of cutscenes that the game has. Character models were very nice.
Either way it doesn't matter to me, if I liked that then odds are I won't be at fault with this games looks either. Especially if I chuck it on Dolphin.

Durante

I'm looking forward to getting more information about this, Xenosaga 3 was a good game.

I should be doing hw said:
Either way it doesn't matter to me, if I liked that then odds are I won't be at fault with this games looks either. Especially if I chuck it on Dolphin.
Yeah, If they have models at the same level as XS3 then it should look really nice on Dolphin.

Rektash

Wow, didn t expect this. Well, deep inside I knew I wouldn t get out of this gen without a Wii. Third Wii game besides Another Code: R and Fragile I am intrested in.

Btw: I could be wrong, but it doesn t sound like Yuki at all to my ears.

Durante said:
Yeah, If they have models at the same level as XS3 then it should look really nice on Dolphin.
Hell yeah it would, but I'm sure they'll make something even better. Character models have amazed me on the Wii, ToG and FF:CC being two that I have appreciated.

duckroll

hEist said:
wtf, all 3 sites have great music, specially the xenoblade one.

That must be why they decided to launch the teaser sites with just the logos, a single piece of art, and music! :lol

Okay this music really doesn't sound very Kajiura to me. There are several parts of the song which just scream Mitsuda.

Luigiv

slaughterking said:
And we are sure this was previously Monado? Because they already showed a proper trailer for Monado and now they are "unveiling" it again? Under a different name? And suddenly tied to a Meta-series like Xeno?
Yes, the sword in the middle of the teaser site resembles the sword shown in the original trailer.

john tv

duckroll said:
That must be why they decided to launch the teaser sites with just the logos, a single piece of art, and music! :lol

Okay this music really doesn't sound very Kajiura to me. There are several parts of the song which just scream Mitsuda.
Yeah and the music from the old trailer felt Mitsuda-esque to me too.

I don't think Takahashi would use Kajiura unless he had to -- I'm sure if it were up to him, Xeno 2 and Xeno 3 would've been Mitsuda all the way.

duckroll

slaughterking said:
And we are sure this was previously Monado? Because they already showed a proper trailer for Monado and now they are "unveiling" it again? Under a different name? And suddenly tied to a Meta-series like Xeno?

Nintendo outright says it was previously announced as Monado at E3 last year. It was not "unveiled" though, since there were no details, just a beta-ish trailer, some screens, and no info at all. Now it has a finalized title, a release window, and a teaser site. More info will be released very shortly I bet.

Cygnus X-1

[Nintex] said:
Wow, the music on that site is great

QFTW. Baten Kaitos comes obviously to mind.

Luigiv said:
For those of you who prefer the name Monado, rejoice.
Unless you're a PAL gamer :(.

newgam.jpg

God Photobucket sucks.

What is "The Last Story"?

Edit: a Mistwalker game announced for the Wii. What a crazy day.

Sadly due to living in Europe, I only got to play Xenosaga II. They always looked like such an amazing series, so if this one has the same style and flair then it could be something truly epic.

All these teasers are cruel though. I wish we could see more. :lol

Rektash

The Alchemist Penguin said:
Sadly due to living in Europe, I only got to play Xenosaga II. They always looked like such an amazing series, so if this one has the same style and flair then it could be something truly epic.

Now, since when does the european RPG community play PAL versions of their favourite games? Just buy a damn US PS2 and enjoy your RPGs.

Anso

john tv said:
Yeah and the music from the old trailer felt Mitsuda-esque to me too.

I don't think Takahashi would use Kajiura unless he had to -- I'm sure if it were up to him, Xeno 2 and Xeno 3 would've been Mitsuda all the way.

Mitsuda's terribly easy to spot but I'm not convinced this is him. At least the homepage music is a bit too simple in it's use of melody. Almost like the cheesiest of Uematsu themes.

Though damn, lots of 600 A.D. similarities in the phrasing, maybe it is Mitsuda after all.

The Alchemist Penguin said:

Yeah it sucks that PAL only got one of them, and the worst one at that. :lol Import 3 if you got 2, it's always worth a playthrough. Timeless (and one of the best) battle systems in an RPG.

Luigiv

I really should play through Xenosaga I&II (DS) sometime, shame there's no decent translation guide available (Which I didn't realise at the time of purchase). Well not like it matters, it was only 10 AUD.

MYE

Baki said:
Looks awesome. :D (Will it be using motion controllers or traditional controls?)

After looking at the logo and listening to the music, definitely motion controls

duckroll said:
Nintendo outright says it was previously announced as Monado at E3 last year. It was not "unveiled" though, since there were no details, just a beta-ish trailer, some screens, and no info at all. Now it has a finalized title, a release window, and a teaser site. More info will be released very shortly I bet.
Oh alright. That is a weird way to handle things, but I guess nobody gave a shit about that Monolith game Nintendo negligibly announced last e³ anyway. So this as good as newly announced game anyway.

duckroll

slaughterking said:
Oh alright. That is a weird way to handle things, but I guess nobody gave a shit about that Monolith game Nintendo subsidiary announced last e³ anyway. So this as good as newly announced game anyway.

NoA didn't really announce it though. They threw a trailer and some screens on their press site and just buried it there. There was no formal announcement ever, and no one said a single official word about it ever. It was REALLY weird. :p

Mr_Elysia

Thank you Hazaro. Very much appreciated.

I loved the Xeno series and it was pretty disheartening for me when they cut the saga short. This will be an automatic pick-up in support even if it does turn out to be just a name whoring.

Thanks for the thread Duck, looking forward to the information part.

Please be related to Xenogears

Please take place in the universe of Xenogears

Please be a sequel or prequel to Xenogears.

I don't care what copyrights they have to violate, I want this related to Xenogears.

The last JRPG I truly enjoyed despite its faults :)

Sophia

duckroll said:
About 2:40 onwards it sounds completely Mitsuda and like nothing Kajiura has composed ever.

You may be right. I don't really care either way. They're both fantastic composers and can do the game justice.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
If Procyon Studio is responsible for the OST it wouldn't surprise me if the composer of the track on the site was Maki Kirioka. I'm not too familiar with her style outside of some tracks on the Z.O.E. OST, but it sounds familiar to those.

Like Flowing Destiny for example.

Anso

hEist said:
wtf, all 3 sites have great music, specially the xenoblade one.
GWX said:
Music is awesome. Can't wait to see more of the game.
Hcoregamer00 said:
Wow, no kidding the music is so freaking awesome :D
GregLombardi said:
That music is absolutely stunning. Hope for more info on this soon.

So much love for the slightly generic RPG music and no love for MECHANICAL FUCKING GIANTS? Really, GAF, really?

Top Bottom