• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade (Wii, Monolithsoft x Nintendo) Information Thread

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
jj984jj said:
BKO's lead story writer is directing?!?!?!?! OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

I think you can transport or save at any time now, except during an actual battle of course. So there's no need for waypoints, just go to the menu.

I mean waypoints as in indicators for where to go for a quest.

ivysaur12

Banned
jj984jj said:
BKO's lead story writer is directing?!?!?!?! OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

anchormanjump.jpg

DarkPanda

Vinci said:
Watch the video mockingbird posted above, DarkPanda. Don't watch the battle system trailer that you can easily find on Youtube. It's horribly by comparison.

Thanks, that one is a little more clear. It looks sort of like a mix of turn-based and and action battle system, picking commands from that bar on the bottom but still freely running around during battle to choose targets. I wonder if you can dodge attacks by moving out of the way. That's one of the things I would have loved to have had in FFXII.

Across 4 Xenoriffic games, I've made 6 purchases (including buying both Xenogears and Xenosaga Episode 1 twice).

Needless to say, this game is at the top of my most anticipated title list. I'm just hoping Nintendo is able to get the English adaptation out before the end of the year.

Sadist said:
Maybe, just maybe NoE will. I hope :(

Sadist
(Yesterday, 11:41 PM)
Reply | Quote

Why do you do this to yourself?

funfact: I cry myself to sleep every night because of ToG but I will. not. lose. hope.

ILikeFeet said:
isn't Europe's track record with Monolith Soft games worst than NA?

ILikeFeet said:
yea, but this game is banking off the success of the XS games by name alone.

It's probably a matter of Nintendo being too lazy to translate it into 5 different languages more than anything else.

DarkPanda said:
Thanks, that one is a little more clear. It looks sort of like a mix of turn-based and and action battle system, picking commands from that bar on the bottom but still freely running around during battle to choose targets. I wonder if you can dodge attacks by moving out of the way. That's one of the things I would have loved to have had in FFXII.

You probably can dodge because the battle system is like other action RPGs except instead of pressing buttons to attack you choose the attack from the menu (but the attacks are manual instead of waiting for a character to attack I believe). So basically it's the same concept as other action RPGs, just no assigned button attacks I guess.

ILikeFeet

Banned
Pinko Marx said:
Character designs are kinda funky. Not what I'd expect from a "Xeno" title. Not that they're bad, its really just the costume design thats a little off to me.

it's no The Last Story, that's for sure. Kanan is hot :D

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I still didn't get any clarification on the side quest structure. It seems to be structured like WoW, but do you just need to follow quest text, or do waypoints appear on the minimap?

If no one knows, that's fine. I'm just curious how close this is going to be to Soma Bringer in structure.

Jump has a new scan and apparently it's about Vision and Chain attacks which will be linked with the Bond system..anyone wanna translate?

-Oath

I cant stop listening to its music. Shimomura is such a freaking beast.
Never bought any soundtrack besides an Ys one, think I might start here.

CruxisMana said:
There's an OT now; http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=397386

And make sure to post some impressions!

Crap, I thought this was the OT topic! argg didn't look at topic title closely enough.

markot said:
Is Nintendo giving it much of a push in Japan?

Don't know, since I don't get broadcast tv here, but there are a few commercials out. I haven't seen ads on the trains or anything though there are some magazine coverages. I usually guage how popular a title is by asking the elementary school students if they know of it, and I think only one kid sort of heard of Xenoblade.

Top Bottom