• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenosaga hate thread, special guest Fady K

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
since fady k is so eager to go to other threads to talk about how unholy and bad for you Xenosaga is it's time for a Xenosaga thread!

7Th

Junpei Heat said:
My friend keeps pimping EP.3 to me,telling me its the best RPG he ever played :lol

Episode 3 is a decent RPG, but all it's hype comes from the fact that no one expected anything from it since Episode 2 was pure crap. With Slimeria, ToA and FFXII currently on the market, there is no reason to run for it.

PD: Don't trust DT impressions. He thinks MegeTen: Noctunre is a bad game.

Fady K

Error whatre u doing :lol

I was actually thinking of making a new XS thread real soon. Still workin on it, too much freakin college work.

Error, buddy, u GOTTA play the game dude, it will TOUCH YOUR HEART! Seriously! Ask the dudes who beat it!! And im not a little 13 year old girl, im a 21 year old guy and i felt the game man!

Im not trying to troll around NEOgaf about XS3, im just trying to spread the word, similiar to how Dragona did with BK0 and Himuro did with Yakuza and Amirox did with Okami, because for RPG fans, this game is so worth it.

Check out my thread which ill probably post tommorow, and dont hate too much :p Remember, just this once, PLAY IT!! I bet itll be one of the best RPGs uve experienced.
Mark my words :p (At least I have a big big feeling ull end up feeling that way).

If u couldnt bear going thru the first two games (or the second game like almost every single Xeno fan) then head up to blue laguna cause they have every. single. cutscene. available in Episode II for download in really good quality. THEN play Ep III.

While i do wanna live long enough to marry the girl of my dreams, i also want to live long enough to hear ur impressions after u beat the game :D

Peace out!

P.S. Change the thread title to the love thread why dontcha :p

Fady K

ronito said:
I never, ever, fell asleep so much in a game as much as I did in Xenosaga.

Thats too bad, bro, sorry u missed out on one of the greatest storylines since the renaissance period :D. I gotta admit tho, if u dont dig the story at first, then itll be a snoozefest for most of you, as its looooooooooaded with cutscenes from Ep I to III.

Coop

Probably the worst game I've played with the most boring main characters and god awful story. I cant think of one good thing about it

Fady K

jeremy1456 said:
Xenosaga represents most, if not all of what's wrong with modern RPGs.

Damn, sorry dude, but that, in my opinion, is just plain absurd.

Check this out, the constituencies that make up Xenosaga III:

- Excellent storyline full of twists and an outstanding ending
- Excellent soundtrack (one of the best of any RPGs)
- Excellent dungeons (not too complex too)
- Some of the greatest and most memorable boss fights ever
- Excellent length (This beauty wont end in less than 50 hours if u look around well)
- Excellent character development
- Great voice acting
- One of the best RPG minigames included
- Simple yet excellent battle system

Unless ur talking about Episode II (or even I to an extent), thats fine, otherwise...go play Episode III, and then judge.

Bro - let the saga take u :D

Fady K

Coop said:
Probably the worst game I've played with the most boring main characters and god awful story. I cant think of one good thing about it

O really? How far did u exactly "get" in the game? By game i mean the actual game not the stuff that people say - the people who havent played the game :D

Link1110

Coop said:

QFT. Xenosaga was the INFERIOR episode 1. :D

Shion and Kos-Mos want so bad to be Noonian Soong and data, but fail miserably.

Did Takahashi ever have anything to do with the visuals of Xenogears/Xenosaga? It's kind of unusual how he iimmediately went from one of Square's biggest graphic designers to a pure director/scenario writer, most designers like Nomura and Naora, even Koichi Ishii maintain some involvement with graphics when they start taking director/producer/planning roles. Did he at least do some storyboards like Masato Kato still does?

good lord.

you people need to understand that this is one of the best RPGs this console generation. we know, we know - episode 2 sucked. and we also know some didn't like ep 1.

whatever.

ep 3 is a masterpiece. it's not even cool to hate it anymore. :D

Fady K

FateBreaker said:
good lord.

you people need to understand that this is one of the best RPGs this console generation. we know, we know - episode 2 sucked. and we also know some didn't like ep 1.

whatever.

QFMFT!!!

I didnt know u liked it too fatebreaker!

Respect :D

Coop

Fady K said:
O really? How far did u exactly "get" in the game? By game i mean the actual game not the stuff that people say - the people who havent played the game :D

Last thing i remember was being in a church in a dreamworld(?).

Fady K

Coop said:
Last thing i remember was being in a church in a dreamworld(?).

Duuuude!! No wonder u didnt really get into it, unfortunately, it starts off slow and its really confusing at first, but later when all the pieces start to fit together...!!

At that point, i wasnt really into the story. Tell u what, if ya ever decided to give the series a second chance but dont wanna bother going thru episode I and II, just watch the cutscenes at bluelaguna.net - they got all of them, and then play episode III - which is actually excellent as a game as well, not just with the plot.

Peace!!

Fady K

S. L. said:
Xenosaga has zero replay value

I dont really think replay value is a major concern to many RPG gamers these days who have around 10 RPGs to finish in 2-3 months. Besides, XSs story alone can demand a second playthrough, and it adds on to the experience, cause u notice things u havent noticed before.

Mr. Bunnies said:
I never finished the first one.

I believe I am a better person today because of it.

Well, as long as u feel better :D

JDSN said:
Xenosaga is the most pretentious series ever created.

Thats what almost everyone thought...till they beat 3.

Duderz

Banned
Fady K said:
Thats too bad, bro, sorry u missed out on one of the greatest storylines since the renaissance period :D. I gotta admit tho, if u dont dig the story at first, then itll be a snoozefest for most of you, as its looooooooooaded with cutscenes from Ep I to III.

:|

duckroll

Bizarro Sun Yat-sen said:
Did Takahashi ever have anything to do with the visuals of Xenogears/Xenosaga? It's kind of unusual how he iimmediately went from one of Square's biggest graphic designers to a pure director/scenario writer, most designers like Nomura and Naora, even Koichi Ishii maintain some involvement with graphics when they start taking director/producer/planning roles. Did he at least do some storyboards like Masato Kato still does?

He did storyboards for XG and XS Ep1 at least. As far as actual game visuals go, no. His wife did many of the original character designs for XG and XS before the main character designers touched them up. Both of them seem much more interested in the scenario and writing.

For what it's worth Takahashi wasn't really ever a graphic designer per say, he was always more of an art director. There's no question the man has a visionary outlook, but I think once he took on the director's chair he's vision became too ambitious to be practical at times. Personally I also think the guy is pretty shitty at managing time and teams, judging from what happened in XG and XS.

Still, I respect his ability to tell a good story, but whatever he does next better have someone helping him manage the schedule, budget and so on. :lol

MoxManiac

Fady K said:
Damn, sorry dude, but that, in my opinion, is just plain absurd.

Check this out, the constituencies that make up Xenosaga III:

- Excellent storyline full of twists and an outstanding ending
- Excellent soundtrack (one of the best of any RPGs)
- Excellent dungeons (not too complex too)
- Some of the greatest and most memorable boss fights ever
- Excellent length (This beauty wont end in less than 50 hours if u look around well)
- Excellent character development
- Great voice acting
- One of the best RPG minigames included
- Simple yet excellent battle system

Unless ur talking about Episode II (or even I to an extent), thats fine, otherwise...go play Episode III, and then judge.

Bro - let the saga take u :D

Err, complex dungeons are a good thing :p

Sad really since, to this very day, I think Xenogears is one of the greatest RPGs ever made. Xenosaga: Episode I was ok but Episode II was like a bad parody of Ep. I. Both pale in comparison to Xenogears. Still have yet to play Ep. III although judging from the spoilers I've read, I'm really glad I didn't.

trejo

Xenosaga III is actually a pretty good game. I'm on Michtam right now
I just kicked Pellegri's ass
and it seems I'm about to wrap it up. I was lukewarm on the first game and skipped the second one due to the not so critical acclaim it received, but after reading Bebpo's and everyone else's impressions I decided to give the third game a try. Sure, the story is a little overwhelming and confusing at times and the constant spewing of half-assed references is cringeworhty, but it still manages to be quite entertaining and the mech battles are just damn awesome. It has a fantastic soundtrack as well. Having said that I can totally understand why some people dislike the series and with that in mind I definitely wouldn't recommend it to them.

jarosh said:
xenosaga gave me diarrhea

You know when you have diarrhea and it doesn't hurt when it comes out? It's so satisfying man.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
FateBreaker said:
good lord.

whatever.

Are you a racist??

is it bad that i might check this game out because of this thread?

ethelred

Fady K said:
Thats too bad, bro, sorry u missed out on one of the greatest storylines since the renaissance period :D.

Oh my god, did someone actually say this? We have officially crossed the line into vicious satire.

trejo

Fady K said:
Thats too bad, bro, sorry u missed out on one of the greatest storylines since the renaissance period :D.

You're really not helping your case with statements like that. :\

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
JDSN said:
Xenosaga is the most pretentious series ever created.

Is that bad? I like a game that attempts to tell a story with layers, allegory, and metaphoric symbollism. I`m not going to say that Xenosaga was entirely successful, but it was a step in the right direction in that regard.

I`m tired of games that don`t try to offer some sort of allegorical subtext. It`s just so flat.

Top Bottom