• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenosaga hate thread, special guest Fady K

duckroll

Fady K said:
Actually, Abel, i dont think he played much of 3. Right Ducky :D
Dont bring up that game here :p It sucks! How much of XS3 did u play anyway (the actual game, and not the hacked database :D)

Woo hoo! There he goes again! Speaking out of his ass about other people! :lol

Avalon

Fady K said:
It was a butchered version of what Takahashi wanted Avalon, but i dont see whats wrong with that. If it was delivered the way Takahashi planned it in Episode III, it wouldnt have been satisfying - proof? Look at Episode I. That was just like Takahashi wanted it to be. The story drags in many areas, I loved it, but many found it slow, so this is a positive change for EpIII.

Wait a sec - u say u liked Xenogears because there actually was a "game" in there as well. Dude, EpIII rocks in the gameplay department. Ive been bragging on and on about how good the GAMEplay is. Go read the reviews and see how they boast about how EpIII finally delivers the goods in the gameplay like never expected. Although if u didnt like the gameplay yourself...well, like they say, opinions are opinions.

In all honestly... I much rather have Takahashi run his own project into the ground then have a bunch of suits try to mainstream the thing and fail. At least, we got a great story the last time that happened.
Disc 2 rocked despite being the obvious product of time and money running out

Episode III's gameplay was not engaging by any means. Combat wise, they trashed the enemy zone system which was something that kept you on your toes in Episode II. They dumbed down the break system and got rid of all the team cooperative tactics. They even screwed up the boost system by making it's intended use worthless because deathblows required boost to be used. They also really simplified how damage was dealt... Gears and Episode I/II both had a lot of depth in that department. There were tons of attributes... both physical (slash, pierce, hit, etc) and elemental. Episode III used how many in total? 5? Ridiculous.

Dungeons were so long and bland. Episode II at least had a couple of puzzles in there.

Styleline was pretty good. Because what was the point? The game was incredibly easy. No need to even experiment with characters builds really. Honestly, I didn't run into one problem in battle (which usually just involves enemy doing super attack) that Guarding couldn't fix.

Fady K

duckroll said:
Woo hoo! There he goes again! Speaking out of his ass about other people! :lol

Speaking out of my ass :lol, i actually must say that i AM sorry for doing so, as in assuming stuff about u when im not sure. Honest. But i must say tho - u did mention that u read most of the hacked database - if u actually did, then u killed off ur chances of enjoying the game fully.

Back on topic tho, how much of XS3 did u play, Ducky?

Fady K

Avalon said:
In all honestly... I much rather have Takahashi run his own project into the ground then have a bunch of suits try to mainstream the thing and fail. At least, we got a great story the last time that happened.
Disc 2 rocked despite being the obvious product of time and money running out

Episode III's gameplay was not engaging by any means. Combat wise, they trashed the enemy zone system which was something that kept you on your toes in Episode II. They dumbed down the break system and got rid of all the team cooperative tactics. They even screwed up the boost system by making it's intended use worthless because deathblows required boost to be used. They also really simplified how damage was dealt... Gears and Episode I/II both had a lot of depth in that department. There were tons of attributes... both physical (slash, pierce, hit, etc) and elemental. Episode III used how many in total? 5? Ridiculous.

Dungeons were so long and bland. Episode II at least had a couple of puzzles in there.

Styleline was pretty good. Because what was the point? The game was incredibly easy. No need to even experiment with characters builds really. Honestly, I didn't run into one problem in battle (which usually just involves enemy doing super attack) that Guarding couldn't fix.

Im glad u at least enjoyed the story in the end. But i personally love the gameplay and the batte system - i never even escaped from a single battle cause i enjoyed every single one almost. The break system was really interesting here tho. But u gotta admit for the boost system that it works well because its worth it when u got 1.5x the experience by killing the enemy wih a deathblow. Sometimes, u DO need the extra turn as well, so its tactical. For me, the dungeons were a lot more interesting in Episode III, like in Bebpo's review - i believe he nailed it just right about the dungeons. I didnt think the game was incredibly easy :/ i thought it was fairly challenging. I respect ur opinion tho because u actually finished it.

duckroll

Fady K said:
Speaking out of my ass :lol, i actually must say that i AM sorry for doing so, as in assuming stuff about u when im not sure. Honest. But i must say tho - u did mention that u read most of the hacked database - if u actually did, then u killed off ur chances of enjoying the game fully.

Back on topic tho, how much of XS3 did u play, Ducky?

Since you're such a smartass why don't you tell me? You seem to know everything I've done! :p

Fady K

duckroll said:
Since you're such a smartass why don't you tell me? You seem to know everything I've done! :p

Woah dude, no offense, but i always thought u were the smartass cause u demonstrated that habit in almost every thread i read of urs :D

Ok, but enough of that, seriously. Were both smartasses, defending ourselves. :)

But lets put that behind us now. How bout Truce? :D

duckroll

Fady K said:
Woah dude, no offense, but i always thought u were the smartass cause u demonstrated that habit in almost every thread i read of urs :D

Ok, but enough of that, seriously. Were both smartasses, defending ourselves. :)

But lets put that behind us now. How bout Truce? :D

Okay, about about the truce called........ Ignore list! :lol

Edit: There, that should do it. Morons should speak for themselves, not others. :p

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
ethelred said:
Diablos, you missed the finest example of storytelling since The Divine Comedy, when
Shion spends two hours delivering curry.

What? I don't even remember that. All I remember of XS1 is cute Momo transformations, some giant robot I never got assembled, making Chaos go into battles in a swimsuit and that poker mini-game which was the only part of the game that was fun! :lol

gosh, I've never seen people so passionate about not playing a 40-dollar game. Is it really that big of a deal? Go rent it, play it during one of your precious weekends, and enjoy. If you really didn't like it still, and you gave it a good effort, ok. but all these people just saying the series sucks with not playing the best of the series....eh. heck, you don't even have to play the others to dig this one.

ethelred

FateBreaker said:
gosh, I've never seen people so passionate about not playing a 40-dollar game.

By contrast, though, even people of mild ambivalence can be driven to intense dislike thanks to the religiously zealous devotion with which some people around here promote the series. Go reread all of Fady K's posts here. Go on. Reread them and tell me it doesn't make you want to retch just a little at the thought of Xenosaga. Juuuuust a little.

Fady K

duckroll said:
Okay, about about the truce called........ Ignore list! :lol

Edit: There, that should do it. Morons should speak for themselves, not others. :p

Wasnt i on ur ignore list since forever, u never answered my pms anyway.

Dude, i never thought ur such a whiner :/ U know what, go ahead and call me names and act like everything u do is right, and if ur gonna be ignorant bout having truce, then i dont even wanna bother with u.

ethelred

Fady K said:

Dude, i never thought ur such a whiner :/ U know what, go ahead and call me names and act like everything u do is right, and when u dont want to be ignorant having truce, then i dont even wanna bother with u.

Now that's telling him!

Oh, ducky, he told you.

Fady K

ethelred said:
By contrast, though, even people of mild ambivalence can be driven to intense dislike thanks to the religiously zealous devotion with which some people around here promote the series. Go reread all of Fady K's posts here. Go on. Reread them and tell me it doesn't make you want to retch just a little at the thought of Xenosaga. Juuuuust a little.

I love the game. I think its great. Im trying to spread the love to people who havent played it. Everyone does it bro. Some people arent as persistent as i am, and some are. Thats the way it is.

Fady K

duckroll said:
Oh shit he went there! I wonder why people who send creepy stalker-ish PMs expect to get replies though!

Ok so now this message: "Heya duckroll,

just being friendly here, but ive read a lot of ur posts for a while yet i never got to know who u r, where ur from, what u study n all. I know this is irrelevant stuff especially at a forum, but i was just wondering. Again, just being friendly." makes me a stalker :/

Cmon bro.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
wtf is with the 'u'?

Fady K said:

just being friendly here, but ive read a lot of ur posts for a while yet i never got to know who u r, where ur from, what u study n all. I know this is irrelevant stuff especially at a forum, but i was just wondering. Again, just being friendly." makes me a stalker :/

Cmon bro.
holy shit :lol

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Fady K said:
Wasn't I on your ignore list since forever? You never answered my Private Messages anyway.

Dude, I never thought you were such a whiner. :/ You know what? Go ahead and call me names and act like everything you do is right. And if you are going to be ignorant about having a truce, then I don't even want to bother with you.
Ah....

Fady K

ethelred said:
Fady, you make Jehovah's Witnesses look tame and socially well adjusted.

Great, pimping a game to others is now preaching above the level of Jehovas Witnesses, and asking another member about himself is now stalking. :lol

Dude, when u like a game so much, and ur a member of one big forum, telling a lot of the members about it is normal.

Ethelred, no offense bro, but if ur not into the game, then u dont have to listen to my so called "preachings".

Fady K

Error2k4 said:
wtf is with the 'u'?

holy shit :lol

I find the u more convenient :D

Oh, sorry to have freaked u out if i did error :lol

But yeah, ever since i started reading NEOgaf, duckroll was one of my favorites, his posts were fun to read all the time. Hope yall dont think im in love with him :lol

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Fady K said:

Cmon bro.

you totally need a stalker tag. I demand it.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Fady K,

I am a 19 year old girl living in Missouri. Since there's nothing better to do I spend my nights replaying Xenosaga games and dying my hair to cosplay in my bra and panties as different girls from XS. It's so fun! Do you think you could help tell if my pictures look good? TEE HEE
Thx! <3

Fady K

RevenantKioku said:
Fady K,

I am a 19 year old girl living in Missouri. Since there's nothing better to do I spend my nights replaying Xenosaga games and dying my hair to cosplay in my bra and panties as different girls from XS. It's so fun! Do you think you could help tell if my pictures look good? TEE HEE
Thx! <3

Sorry cant help u there :D Ill be too busy stalking ducky :lol Dressing up like the characters. Replaying the game all the time? I loooooove the game, but i dont do either of those :p

RevenantKioku said:
Fady K,

Thx! <3

Fady K said:
Sorry cant help u there :D Ill be too busy stalking ducky :lol Dressing up like the characters. Replaying the game all the time? I loooooove the game, but i dont do either of those :p

I can!! teeheeeeee!:D

RevenantKioku said:
Fady K,

Thx! <3

WHAT?

RevenantKioku

TheTrin said:
Sorry no Balcony action. You can sit back down with your sister.
o theirs a balcony, if u kno wat i mean
TEE-HEE

cicero

Fady K said:

Dude, i never thought ur such a whiner :/ U know what, go ahead and call me names and act like everything u do is right, and if ur gonna be ignorant bout having truce, then i dont even wanna bother with u.
Could you at least drop the infantile AOLspeak?

firex

... yeah. All the Fady K posts in this thread remind me of animu japanophile fanboys on GameFAQs. I think I'm going to be sick...

Red Scarlet

Fady K said:
Ok, red, here are the details. Theres about 42 videos to download, total size is around 1.5 GB, and total length is about 4 hours and a half. If you HAVE beaten Episode I, yeah this will make sense, it contains every single cutscene in Episode II, right down to the credits even. Of course, if there was anything at all that u didnt get in the story feel free to ask.

I would like to note that in about 2 - 3 of those 42 videos, the voiceovers are not timed correctly with the FMV, so ull see a character speaking, but hear whats said 3-4 seconds later. This is the case with only 2-3 videos.

I haven't played any XS, so I guess it won't make sense.

Fady K

cicero said:
Could you at least drop the infantile AOLspeak?

Maybe :p

firex said:
... yeah. All the Fady K posts in this thread remind me of animu japanophile fanboys on GameFAQs. I think I'm going to be sick...

I hate the word fanboy >_< u might as well get sick then for sayin xenogears = shite :p

Just to chime in on the topic:

I bought a ps2 to play XS2.
Yeah, thats right, the trailer for XS 2 was the thing that put me over the edge on buying one.
Almost 6 months before its release, i picked up a ps2, and XS 1, Virtua Fighter 4 Evo, and Disgaea (another title was later disillusioned with)

XS 1:
-an sub-par game at best
-Boring combat,
-no music outside of cinemas/combat (snore)
-nonsense bosses
-pretentious story that threw out more religious references than it knew what to do with, but hey, it had neat cutscenes!
-decent voice acting (english)
-edited (english)
-database is nice
-some fun minigames
-an ultimately disappointing 1st entry to a series that had the potential to be interesting.

I finished XS 1 , eagerly anticipating the sequel, (because it couldnt possibly be worse right?) only to be severely disappointed by the even shittier sequel

XS 2:
-horrible voice acting
-cutscenes sound like they were mixed in a toilet
-edited
-awful combat, worse than the 1st

I cant say much more than this, I bailed out after the car chase and sold both games because I was completely and utterly disgusted. I PURCHASED a ps2 to play this game, and it was a total flop, I have nothing but hate for the entire shitty franchise.

On the bright side, I have about 50 or so other games that have since made the purchase worthwhile.

XS 3:

I no longer care what happens, I've moved on to better games that are not a chore to play through. XS is dead to me.

Fady K

pancakesandsex said:
Just to chime in on the topic:

I bought a ps2 to play XS2.
Yeah, thats right, the trailer for XS 2 was the thing that put me over the edge on buying one.
Almost 6 months before its release, i picked up a ps2, and XS 1, Virtua Fighter 4 Evo, and Disgaea (another title was later disillusioned with)

XS 1:
-an sub-par game at best
-Boring combat,
-no music outside of cinemas/combat (snore)
-nonsense bosses
-pretentious story that threw out more religious references than it knew what to do with, but hey, it had neat cutscenes!
-decent voice acting (english)
-edited (english)
-database is nice
-some fun minigames
-an ultimately disappointing 1st entry to a series that had the potential to be interesting.

I finished XS 1 , eagerly anticipating the sequel, (because it couldnt possibly be worse right?) only to be severely disappointed by the even shittier sequel

XS 2:
-horrible voice acting
-cutscenes sound like they were mixed in a toilet
-edited
-awful combat, worse than the 1st

I cant say much more than this, I bailed out after the car chase and sold both games because I was completely and utterly disgusted. I PURCHASED a ps2 to play this game, and it was a total flop, I have nothing but hate for the entire shitty franchise.

On the bright side, I have about 50 or so other games that have since made the purchase worthwhile.

XS 3:

I no longer care what happens, I've moved on to better games that are not a chore to play through. XS is dead to me.

:( Well, i dont know if this helps, but heres a comparison between the EpI & II complaints u brought up and how they are in EpIII:

-an sub-par game at best (EpIII - excellent game overall)
-Boring combat, (EpIII - combat is simple to get into, very fast paced, and fun)
-no music outside of cinemas/combat (snore) (EpIII - game full of music, and excellent music at that)
-nonsense bosses (EpIII- some of the coolest boss battles in RPG history, very memorable)
-pretentious story that threw out more religious references than it knew what to do with, but hey, it had neat cutscenes! (EpIII- the highlight of the game, here, everything makes sense.)
-decent voice acting (english) - (EpIII - awesome voice acting)
-edited (english) - (EpIII - unfortunately, EpIII is edited - overall less than a minute tho)
-database is nice (Database is huuuuuuuge, much bigger than EpI)
-some fun minigames (only one minigame in EpIII, but its one of the best minigames ever)
-an ultimately disappointing 1st entry to a series that had the potential to be interesting. (EpIII - an extremely surprisingly great finale for a series that many are disappointed with)

Its really that good. Give it a try if u found the time. This time, ull be pleased i think.

- Fady, the xeno preacher, Duckroll's love

Fady K said:
:( Well, i dont know if this helps, but heres a comparison between the EpI & II complaints u brought up and how they are in EpIII:

-an sub-par game at best (EpIII - excellent game overall)
-Boring combat, (EpIII - combat is simple to get into, very fast paced, and fun)
-no music outside of cinemas/combat (snore) (EpIII - game full of music, and excellent music at that)
-nonsense bosses (EpIII- some of the coolest boss battles in RPG history, very memorable)
-pretentious story that threw out more religious references than it knew what to do with, but hey, it had neat cutscenes! (EpIII- the highlight of the game, here, everything makes sense.)
-decent voice acting (english) - (EpIII - awesome voice acting)
-edited (english) - (EpIII - unfortunately, EpIII is edited - overall less than a minute tho)
-database is nice (Database is huuuuuuuge, much bigger than EpI)
-some fun minigames (only one minigame in EpIII, but its one of the best minigames ever)
-an ultimately disappointing 1st entry to a series that had the potential to be interesting. (EpIII - an extremely surprisingly great finale for a series that many are disappointed with)

Its really that good. Give it a try if u found the time. This time, ull be pleased i think.

- Fady, the xeno preacher, Duckroll's love
Yeah, I tell the same to people who refuse to play Episode III, because of what they thought of Episode I and/or II. I definitely think Episode III is awesome, but I cannot deny I loved Episodes I & II also (Before I played Episode III, Episode I was my favorite game during the PS2/Xbox/GC generation).

Glad to see another really like the series (although the Facebook Xenosaga group I'm in, has 132 members) . :)

Mana Knight said:
Yeah, I tell the same to people who refuse to play Episode III, because of what they thought of Episode I and/or II.

Yeah, we're such suckers for not buying the third episode when we bought and wasted time on the first and second games in the series and ended up being completely dissapointed.
IT'S REALLY SHOCKING!

6.8 said:
Yeah, we're such suckers for not buying the third episode when we bought and wasted time on the first and second games in the series and ended up being completely dissapointed.
IT'S REALLY SHOCKING!
The third one is the best episode. Anyone who's an RPG gamer needs to buy it IMO.

I had a feeling Fady K was in the Xenosaga facebook group, and he is.

ethelred

"We love Episode 1 and Episode 2! They're so great! But, uh, guys, you really should play Episode 3 -- it's the good one! You can trust us with our Xeno-related recommendations! You'll like it this time! We promise! "

260px-LucyFootball.jpg

Top Bottom